The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

It looks like it will be better than Man Of Steel from the trailers. It won't be a blockbuster, but it should outdo MOS for sure, plus Gal Gadot is easy on the eyes. :lol:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I love the idea of Gadot as a Bond girl. And I look foward to WW.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:I love the idea of Gadot as a Bond girl. And I look foward to WW.
Not with Cr-egg our Miss V.......this could be Broccoli's next Bond if our FBF gets his wish: Image Gadot goes with Aidan only :!: ---------Actress Gal Gadot turned down the chance to become a Bond girl because she thought she was too serious for such a frivolous role.

The new mom was a student when she was approached about a part in Quantum of Solace, and decided to stick to her studies.

“I said, ‘No way’,” the Israeli beauty tells W magazine. “I said, ‘I’m studying law and international relations. I’m way too serious and smart to be an actress, and besides, the script is all in English’. I spoke English, but I wasn’t comfortable with it.”

She went on to make her Hollywood blockbuster debut a year later in 2009’s Fast and Furious, and returned to the franchise as Gisele for Fast 5, Fast & Furious 6, and Furious 7. Image Image Now these 2 in a Bond film is casting gold :!: Here that Broccoli? Our Miss V knows her onions :!: Gadot is the 21st century's Diana Rigg for Bond :!:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:Actress Gal Gadot turned down the chance to become a Bond girl because she thought she was too serious for such a frivolous role.
Grrrr, way for them to bend the truth! From your quotes BJ, it doesn't sound like she thought Bond was frivolous at all!
bjmdds wrote:The new mom [highlight=#bfff00]was a student when she was approached[/highlight] about a part in Quantum of Solace, and decided to stick to her studies.
So, she wasn't an actress when they approached her about Bond!
bjmdds wrote:“I said, ‘No way’,” the Israeli beauty tells W magazine. “I said, ‘I’m studying law and international relations. I’m way [highlight=#bfff00]too serious and smart to be an actress[/highlight], and besides, the script is all in English’.”
And, she said she was too serious for any acting, not too serious for Bond! :roll:
bjmdds wrote:She went on to make her Hollywood blockbuster debut a year later in 2009’s Fast and Furious
Oh, well, that's clearly much less frivolous. :roll:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Now that she is the star of her own franchise, she may not want to settle for second or third billing.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

They got Halle Berry for DAD , although she didn't have her own series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Gregg Allman, the soulful singer-songwriter and rock 'n' blues pioneer who founded The Allman Brothers Band with his late brother, Duane, and composed such classics as "Midnight Rider," "Melissa" and the epic concert jam "Whipping Post," has died at age 69. He was diagnosed with hepatitis C in 1999 and underwent a liver transplant in 2010.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This year’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, which at a $230M negative cost before P&A, is coming in well below its $80M-$85M projections with $62.7M to $63.7M over 3-days and $76M to $78M over 4 days...............Baywatch isn’t bailing out Paramount after an atrocious 2017 at the domestic box office. Tracking had this movie over 5 days in the $40M range, maybe even hitting $50M, and this Dwayne Johnson-Zac Efron combo is going to come in with $24.8 to $25M+ over five days. :lol: Both films have been eviscerated on Rotten Tomatoes with respective 32% and 19% ratings! :down:..................Currently, Wonder Woman‘s opening weekend is on par with the feature starts of such other big superhero properties as 2011’s Captain America: First Avenger ($65M) and Thor ($65.7M). Wonder Woman is also poised to come in higher than the first weekend of Marvel’s Ant-Man ($57.2M).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sounds like pirates will not do well in the US, but pirates 4 didn't do that great in the US either the world wide BO is always $600 to $800 million, it has to fail there to be a failure

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

BTW I like pirates 1 & 4 and will go to see pirates 5, I think pirates 2&3 may be the bigger Financial success despite being complete garbage

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image I prefer these 2 over Cr-egg and Broccoli's "film"-mance.
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Meanwhile, this trailer for Logan Lucky has gone online.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Paramount's Baywatch opening was even topped by Disney's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (which was in its fourth weekend of release.) The R-rated comedy starring Dwayne Johnson delivered a meager $18.1 million for the three-day weekend and is expected to finish around $22 million for the four-day holiday weekend.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Bo mojo is projecting 3rd place for the weekend maybe they can win the 4 day but sounds like paramount pr is trying to make lemon aid out of lemons

James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

[video][/video]

Daniel Craig exercises those legendary comedic skills.
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
James
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Favorite Movies: George A Romero's Dawn Of The Dead
Silent Running
Harold and Maude

Post by James »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Meanwhile, this trailer for Logan Lucky has gone online.

Sorry NS, I only just noticed you already posted this before me. You know, I think this could be the performance which lands DC that elusive Oscar. :lol:
"I can't do that superhero stuff" Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

These are the roles Cr-egg is perfect for, that being a pathetic criminal dolt, and there is not much acting required for him to portray such a loathsome individual :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Tiger Woods was arrested on charges of driving under the influence early this morning in Jupiter, Fla., according to a report from WPTV. Woods spent nearly eight hours in custody after his arrest, per jail records. The 14-time major winner hasn't won a tournament since 2013. His future on tour is as murky as ever as injuries persist. This off-the-course incident will do little to quell the uncertainty - or the spotlight.........good riddance to this pathetic waste of self-indulgent humanity :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

James wrote:[video][/video]

His comedic skills are legendary in the same way Tommy Wiseau's The Room is legendary.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

James wrote:[video][/video]

The fact that someone said Daniel Craig and comedic skills in the same sentence is about the only thing funny about him!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image