The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:"He ranked highly among the diverse group of movie buffs invited to participate in it."-----who was in that group, a bunch of 'woke' viewers that stare at their cell phones all day?
I'll take Things That Didn't Happen for $400, Alex.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

9 years ago:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:33 pm 9 years ago:
Ah well... if "Bangshowbiz" and their supposed 3,500 subscribers but only 70 views over the past two months said so it has to be true!

Barbera in the second video posted above, "People come to us all the time with outlandish ideas and we have to tell them, that's not Bond." You mean outlandish ideas life say killing him off?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Brother, sister-in-law and youngest niece(she was visiting them) saw the new Jurassic Park movie.With motion seats! They liked it but said it was action packed.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Someone named Shanelle Janai at theroot.com is demanding Broccoli pick Idris Elba for the Bond role at once. Image

"Dear Hollywood, if you’re reading this, I want you to read these next set of sentences closely because I’m only going to say this one time and one time only:

STOP PLAYING IN OUR FACES AND MAKE THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IDRIS ELBA IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT JAMES BOND."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:38 pm Brother, sister-in-law and youngest niece(she was visiting them) saw the new Jurassic Park movie.With motion seats! They liked it but said it was action packed.
So they disagreed with the critics' 30% rating on RT too.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Someone named Shanelle Janai at theroot.com is demanding Broccoli pick Idris Elba for the Bond role at once.
Yeah, well you know what they say about opinions.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The all mighty Fauci has covid.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Caught the very end of the episode of House that Feli..I mean Jeffrey Wright guest starred on. SO good!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A weekend of events to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the James Bond movies has been announced by the British Film Institute (BFI). Taking place on 1-2 October, 2022 at BFI Southbank and BFI IMAX, the anniversary celebrations will comprise of screenings and events. Details and ticketing info will be announced shortly. The BFI will also be honouring long time Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson with BFI Fellowships in recognition of 'the pair’s extraordinary achievements and enormous contribution to cinema'. The BFI Fellowship will be presented to Wilson and Broccoli at the BFI Chair’s Dinner, hosted by BFI Chair Tim Richards, on 28 June at Claridges, London. Tim Richards the BFI Chair paid tribute to the duo saying: “I am honoured and excited to be awarding Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli with the prestigious BFI Fellowship. I can think of no-one else more deserving particularly as we celebrate the 60th anniversary of the incredibly successful James Bond franchise. With amazing insight and vision Michael and Barbara have not only re-invented Bond for today’s audiences, but No Time to Die arrived at exactly the right moment to welcome those audiences back to the big screen experience as never before. As equally, if not more, important is their commitment to our industry away from the spotlight, where they work tirelessly to open doors for others by playing a huge part in educating, supporting and inspiring the next generation of film makers.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Disney is turning into its own worst enemy by being manipulated by the woke mob. Lightyear BOMBED at the box office worldwide with only $85 million this weekend. The critics are desperately trying to spin this as a success when it is a dismal failure for that franchise. The reasons are political most likely. Left-wing Chris Evans replaced the very popular right-wing Tim Allen in the lead role. Another issue surrounding the film might be the LGBTQ controversy as Lightyear features a same-sex kissing scene that has seen the movie banned in certain countries, which similar to all the recent Disney Marvel releases, will cost Disney big bucks at the box office. Leave politics and woke nonsense out of the entertainment business. The success of Cruise's Maverick film is worrying the left wingers as well as it is a feel great patriotic film. https://cosmicbook.news/disney-pixar-li ... ffice-flop
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thought BJ might like this, an article about some of the film roles that Colonel Tom Parker turned down on Elvis's behalf (without bothering to consult him, naturally):

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/j ... are_btn_tw

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I actually went last night to the Jesse Garron show in New Jersey for an outdoor concert. This guy took the name of Elvis' stillborn twin brother and uses it as his stage name.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I typed in "daniel craig monkey" in this AI image generator.

https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Bottom left looks like Kryten from Red Dwarf.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:55 pm I typed in "daniel craig monkey" in this AI image generator.

I don't get it what did the program change? Looks like Dan to me
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Clint Eastwood once told the LA Times: “I was also offered pretty good money to do James Bond if I would take on the role. This was after Sean Connery left. My lawyer represented the Broccolis [who produce the Bond franchise] and he came and said, 'They would love to have you.' But to me, well, that was somebody else's gig. That's Sean's deal. It didn't feel right for me to be doing it.” Eastwood also said: “I thought James Bond should be British. I am of British descent but by that same token, I thought that it should be more of the culture there and also, it was not my thing.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 pm Clint Eastwood once told the LA Times: “I was also offered pretty good money to do James Bond if I would take on the role. This was after Sean Connery left. My lawyer represented the Broccolis [who produce the Bond franchise] and he came and said, 'They would love to have you.' But to me, well, that was somebody else's gig. That's Sean's deal. It didn't feel right for me to be doing it.” Eastwood also said: “I thought James Bond should be British. I am of British descent but by that same token, I thought that it should be more of the culture there and also, it was not my thing.”
This is fairly well=known. I think Clint made the right call.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I typed in "daniel craig monkey" in this AI image generator.

The funny thing is that if you leave off the word "monkey", the results aren't that different: Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I just watched Jurassic Park: Dominion. It was an OK film to watch and it is obvious the critics who despised it live in their own 'cocoon' of a world.