The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote: I believe she has some form of autism, so I'm prepared to cut her some slack about not playing the music industry game (though her statement about how thrilled she was to be doing this was boilerplate PR-speak). The songs of hers that I've heard don't exactly scream "Bond theme" to me, though. I suppose I should reserve judgement until the song is actually released, but the signs point to another DAD, with a totally unsuitable song used in order to grab a popular artist.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Phoebe what’s her face did the same thing praising the wonderful progressive feminism of nubond. Eillish may be more savvy than I think and can make smart business decisions and play the part the industry wants her to. But it is obvious bond needs the bump from her popularity not the other way round.

I get why Eillish is popular she counter anything else out there right now the anti-Taylor Swift. She may end up being the best thing about the movie, but she doesn’t have the sound that would suggest it self for bond like Adele did, and even she phoned it in.

I remember David Arnold working for months ahead to have a theme song worked out with the artist and including notes from parts of the theme in the score for the movie. I don’t see that happening now with zimmer being given short notice, unless of course they have identified the sound eon wants from zimmers earlier movies and he’s not inventing a new sound for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just saw a BT ad with the instrumental part of that Billie Eilish song in the background, so I guess that's where I heard it before.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] They are already spoofing this choice.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will no longer use royal titles, Queen and Buckingham Palace announce :!: :lol: It also comes at a time of strain for Prince Harry and his older brother, Prince William. Nick Bullen, editor-in-chief of True Royalty TV, revealed earlier this week that the siblings' relationship is severely fractured. His emasculation is now complete. The royal family must be proud of him now after what Markle has done to his life.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s not that prince harry was much of a catch but it’s obvious who Markle was long before they got married.

The fact Harry was pitching her as a voice actor to the head of Disney tells me she isn’t happy and he’s trying to make up losing her career to her.
Even leaking that could payback for them #metoo-ing that pedophile island uncle of theirs

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega wrote:It’s not that prince harry was much of a catch but it’s obvious who Markle was long before they got married.

The fact Harry was pitching her as a voice actor to the head of Disney tells me she isn’t happy and he’s trying to make up losing her career to her.
Even leaking that could payback for them #metoo-ing that pedophile island uncle of theirs

Thomas Markle retains his title of Lord Elpus.

We need Meghan back acting. Such a great talent should not have been lost to the acting world. Her role in the Knight Rider reboot was a lesson to every aspiring actor.

Harry can now do what he does best - attending parties dressed as a Nazi.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

At the movie theater(saw Little Women with the fam) there was a poster for NTTD. Me: :roll:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MP, my friend and his wife are going to a Marriott hotel timeshare presentation in your home town of Sannnnnnnnnnn Diego in early May. Are there any must see spots or restaurants that they should check out?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A proper toast to Cr-egg leaving the Bond franchise :!: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

SPECTRE damages claim settled: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bed ... s-51215754

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:SPECTRE damages claim settled: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bed ... s-51215754

they kept that one quiet, 5 f’ing years to settle!? If the new movie were not on the way I bet eon would still be fighting it

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just heard Bad Guy again, in the trailer for a show called The Frankie Drake Mysteries on the Drama Channel. Must be quite common in ads and trailers.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I get why she is popular, but it’s parts of songs lifted from other singers for the most part. When I hear her music I get distracted placing where I’ve head parts of it before.

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

I read today that some foreign distributors seem to have confirmed that No Time To Die will be 2 hours and 54 minutes long. Nearly three hours! Gordon Bennett. Not sure I can slog my way through this one.

http://www.uzkino.lv/event/302539/title/nav_laiks_mirt/
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

007 wrote:I read today that some foreign distributors seem to have confirmed that No Time To Die will be 2 hours and 54 minutes long. Nearly three hours! Gordon Bennett. Not sure I can slog my way through this one.

Wow. I don't know that they've finished editing it yet, though. Runtime is usually confirmed much closer to release date.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Malek: "I don't even know what my character's final name is in this movie. No, I'm pretty sure it's Safin. It is."-----------it's Dr. No you idiot. You are not fooling anybody :!:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

007 wrote:I read today that some foreign distributors seem to have confirmed that No Time To Die will be 2 hours and 54 minutes long. Nearly three hours! Gordon Bennett. Not sure I can slog my way through this one.

For those who loved the disjointed, slapped together story telling of Quantum of Solace but felt it was an hour too short!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"This is going to be my last James Bond adventure," Craig told Entertainment Weekly. :clap:--------------the Recording Academy is in turmoil after its new president and CEO, Deborah Dugan, was ousted under contentious circumstances last week. Since then, Dugan has filed an explosive discrimination complaint, alleging sexual harassment, racial discrimination, and corruption; current and former Grammy officials have denied the claims.----------how many Grammys will EYE-LASH win Sunday with Broccoli's payoffs?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Now this is what I call clickbait, bearing in mind that my newsfeed cut off the last four words of the headline: https://heroichollywood.com/henry-cavil ... bond-edit/

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Now this is what I call clickbait, bearing in mind that my newsfeed cut off the last four words of the headline: https://heroichollywood.com/henry-cavil ... bond-edit/

second time I’ve heard Cavill could/should be bond this week. One was somebody big in to entertainment media who was ticking off his career highlights, basically he’s out lived his welcome as Superman, refuses a cameo in Shazam credits (probably the right call IMO), difficult to work with and not a great Superman. Then talks about his impressive work in Mission impossible and Witcher
Which goes along with his reputation of actually not being a nice guy in real life. Or better suited to playing somebody not a good guy. Wasted not playing one of the Superman story arcs where he’s dark Superman.
Then they bring up maybe he should get the bond gig or have the luxury of deciding decided between the two.

I don’t think any of that speculation was based on the knowledge we have that Martin Campbell wanted Cavill to be his Bond and was over ruled by babs.

My bet would be Cavill’s agent is pushing some of this narrative. Or helping it by not denying it.
Henry Cavill was flagging because he future as sups was at best up in the air, with the possibility still there because WB has not recast officially yet like with Batman and the rebooted joker. Suddenly Cavill gets a lot of buzz because of the Witcher being a surprise hit, gets a second series, maybe voice work for a animated tie in story.
Again the more powerful narrative isn’t this is Craig’s last outing “whatever will we do?” its about who could be next. I don’t think Cavill has a chance in hell unless eon hands over production to a Nolan kind of director with his own team and that director has to have Cavill. Even then I don’t think Cavill has a strong chance with his baggage.

before Witcher I didn’t think Cavill could act. Well that’s not strictly true, his work in MI and a few others was really good, his Superman work was not as good, but then he was stuck in Zack Snyder‘s DCU so maybe he was stuck with what he could do.