The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Mark Strong was surprised that Daniel Craig wanted to commit to another outing as James Bond after making 'Spectre'. The 54-year-old actor has been close friends with Daniel since they both starred in the BBC drama 'Our Friends in the North' in 1996 and the 50-year-old 007 star is even godfather to Mark's sons. Mark admits he though his pal Daniel was going to hang up Bond's tuxedo after wrapping on the 2015 film because he found the entire experience of being the face of the franchise tiring, but he's ultimately glad he's back for one final fling as the British spy. Speaking to The Times newspaper, Mark said: "I think he was totally knackered after the last one, and just felt like he couldn't get it together to do another one, it's a really exhausting process; it takes a long time to shoot, there's a lot of press commitments, the action sequences and everything. [But] he's obviously keen, because he is doing another one."
Boo hoo, poor Danny. Has to pretend to be James Bond for millions of dollars. Like screen junkies said:" Suck it up and drink a martini" :jack:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

John Drake wrote:I can't find the link but the other forums are reporting an update from the Reddit poster who claims to have some degree of inside knowledge regarding the next film. If true it sounds like more of the nonsense Mendes served up.

I've gained some more clarity on the situation:

Boyle will film the Richard Curtis comedy this summer. Then he will immediately begin pre-production on Bond 25. He will then shoot that film throughout 2019 and it will arrive in cinemas in November that year.

The release of the Richard Curtis comedy hasn't been set. The deal between Eon and Working Title allows for Boyle to edit the films concurrently. So when Bond 25 stops shooting, Danny will edit both films at the same time.

Despite being filmed first, you likely won't see the Richard Curtis comedy before you see Danny's Bond film.

Boyle is said to have a female villain at the centre of his Bond film and he is actively casting the role now. They want an A-list actress for the role. I've heard the usual suspects of A-listers who have supposedly met with Boyle or will meet with him. I have a friend at CAA and the part is billed as someone with a "personal connection" to Bond.

There is also a role of a young female MI6 agent who Bond is said to mentor. This role may even be informally cast already.

John Hodge has finished his draft. He will likely remain the sole writer of the project. Despite internet gossip, Danny Boyle is not officially writing the script.

As Kris said, if I only had a nickle for every so and so to claim they have "inside knowledge" on the next film. Having said that, if this turns out to be true... UGH! I have no problem with a female villain, it wouldn't be the first, but another "personal connection" come on already! It really makes me laugh thinking back to those who decried the classic Bond as "tired" and "played out" back in the earlier days of Craig! Second, a female protege? Wasn't that Moneypenny I mean "Eve" in Skyfall? I guess we need to mine that weak shaft again?! No more lone wolf Bond, no we must watch Bond play nurse maid to a novice instead of the classic solo Byronic hero we fell in love with over the first 50 years of his existence.

Veronica wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Mark Strong was surprised that Daniel Craig wanted to commit to another outing as James Bond after making 'Spectre'. The 54-year-old actor has been close friends with Daniel since they both starred in the BBC drama 'Our Friends in the North' in 1996 and the 50-year-old 007 star is even godfather to Mark's sons. Mark admits he though his pal Daniel was going to hang up Bond's tuxedo after wrapping on the 2015 film because he found the entire experience of being the face of the franchise tiring, but he's ultimately glad he's back for one final fling as the British spy. Speaking to The Times newspaper, Mark said: "I think he was totally knackered after the last one, and just felt like he couldn't get it together to do another one, it's a really exhausting process; it takes a long time to shoot, there's a lot of press commitments, the action sequences and everything. [But] he's obviously keen, because he is doing another one."
Boo hoo, poor Danny. Has to pretend to be James Bond for millions of dollars. Like screen junkies said:" Suck it up and drink a martini" :jack:
It's not like he had any other engagements to occupy his time!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

In the scheme of this BS #meetoo movement, the female villain will be a former bed partner of Bond that was jilted by him, and in response, she became evil, and now hates the British government, and wants to destroy England. This female protege is another farce and another reason to jettison Broccoli as soon as possible :!: This garbage will be a proper sendoff for the egg-head Cr-egg, and once he is gone, and wiped clean from existence in the franchise, I will no longer have to type his nom infâme Cr-egg ever again :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Ellen Degeneres is now Ellen Degener-ate after laughing at this segment on her despicably biased tv show :!: :down: :cuss: Ms. Harris actually believes she can be President too :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Woods
@RealJamesWoods

When #KillerKamala @KamalaHarris gleefully fantasized about murdering our #POTUS, #VicePresident and #AttorneyGeneral on TV, perhaps the creepiest part was her b-movie serial killer cackle. She honestly looked demented.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Is she the next Bond singer to end Cr-egg's career? 1.1 billion views :!: :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to Variety, Daniel Craig has confirmed Bond 25 will be his next project..............next project? It's his only project :!:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Oh BJ, as I read that you got my hopes up. I thought it was going to say his last project!
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The weird thing is nothing is official, rumor about this and that. Maybe true, sounds true, but without a partner to pay for the bloated budget and distributor it’s probably that thing Hollywood does signing directors and actors unofficially, but not actually legally binding yet. That’s my guess any way.

As for Craig not having any other work, it’s just sad Babs is so enthralled she doesn’t get what the rest of Hollywood does, Craig is not a draw and he’s more trouble than he’s worth. Craig has never done anything notable in 13 years of being in the bond spotlight, Brosnan did have interesting projects during his time as bond and has made more interesting movies than Craig had during the same time.
Strange how fanboys and maybe EON were upset by the tailor of Panama and the matador for hurting the bond image because Brosnan took jobs to challenge his image as only bond but Craig actually hurts the real franchise with his looks and actions and the official fandom makes excuse after excuse.

One last thought, maybe the audience will forgive long absences, crappy stories, and a actor who hates being Bond just because it’s a bond movie, but this isn’t 2006, this is a world where the justice league and star wars can fail. IMHO Babs and MGW have not know hard times like cubby did where he thought the series could be over, ohmss tmwtgg avtak ltk, more than one point cubby thought his free ride might be over and fought to keep it going, Babs live through those time but never knew the real threat of losing everything. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Craig is a draw *as Bond*. Outside the franchise he's box office poison. I know we can debate how much of the credit belongs to Craig, but he certainly hasn't driven audiences away from Bond. Whereas nobody went to see Cowboys and Aliens (which I quite liked), The Invasion, Flashbacks of a Fool etc.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Daniel Craig opened up to PEOPLE about how the iconic character will change in the wake of the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, saying he’s moving the international spy away from his womanizing reputation. :roll: “I’ve been trying to do that gently for the past four movies and I’ll continue to do that,” Craig said at the Opportunity Network’s annual gala in New York City on Monday. The actor, 50, hinted that the upcoming Bond movie might show a new side to the spy. “We’re right in the middle of doing it,” he said.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:Daniel Craig opened up to PEOPLE about how the iconic character will change in the wake of the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements, saying he’s moving the international spy away from his womanizing reputation. :roll: “I’ve been trying to do that gently for the past four movies and I’ll continue to do that,” Craig said at the Opportunity Network’s annual gala in New York City on Monday. The actor, 50, hinted that the upcoming Bond movie might show a new side to the spy. “We’re right in the middle of doing it,” he said.
No mention of reducing the suggested homosexual flirting though. Hey, that's sexist, reducing woman flirting but not man flirting. :lol: Maybe that's the "new side" to the spy but it wouldn't be exactly new for his Bond. I dread to think what else the new side could be. Heroin addiction (taken from Boyle's Trainspotting)? A strong interest in tiddlywinks? Something to do with politics? A secret second job as a postman? An undisclosed medical condition? :? Whatever it is, no matter how edgy and groundbreaking they think it is, you can almost guarantee it's been done before in recent years in another franchise. Even the heroin thing was done in 24 for example.

Actually, a genuinely cool subplot would be him turning out as a double agent (and later triple just to get things back to normal) although that wouldn't be exactly original either.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This is the same stuff that's been trotted out before every Bond film for the last 30 years - vague promises of some unspecified "surprise", plus a pledge to make Bond less sexist than he was in the '60s, which isn't exactly setting the bar very high.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dunno if there are any Bourne fans here (I know none of us like the imitations, but some may like the originals), but a spin-off series called Treadstone has been picked up by the USA Network. I'd post a link, but it was taken from a tweet that didn't really give any more information than that. If anyone's interested, there's always Google.
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:Dunno if there are any Bourne fans here (I know none of us like the imitations, but some may like the originals), but a spin-off series called Treadstone has been picked up by the USA Network. I'd post a link, but it was taken from a tweet that didn't really give any more information than that. If anyone's interested, there's always Google.
I liked the first couple of movies. After that it was diminishing returns for me (Legacy started out good then went OTT I thought). I'll probably give it a watch if I get the chance.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm guessing it'll be on the Universal Channel here in the UK, as that's where most USA Network shows end up here (I think USA is owned by NBC Universal).

Edit: found a link http://deadline.com/2010/09/csi-creator ... cbs-64845/
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Kristatos wrote:Dunno if there are any Bourne fans here
I like the Bourne films, at least the first three with Matt Damon, haven't seen the fourth one with him but have heard it's terrible.

The one with Jeremy Renner (The Bourne Legacy, 2012) was ok too.

We talked a bit about the Bourne films some years ago but maybe you forgot about that Kristatos.

A Bourne TV series doesn't sound very interesting though, not to me at least.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Dunno if there are any Bourne fans here (I know none of us like the imitations, but some may like the originals), but a spin-off series called Treadstone has been picked up by the USA Network. I'd post a link, but it was taken from a tweet that didn't really give any more information than that. If anyone's interested, there's always Google.
the Bourne books treadstone was a very interesting idea. A off the books pre black ops spook house. In the movie it’s rogue cia weapon x factory.
In the book it was a team of patriots hiring for the UBL of the day.
Bourne was motivated to avenge his bother being killed by Carlos the jacket (who IRL was a joke the media built up into a public enemy #1), he wasn’t trick or forced into anything.
I wonder which treadstone the show will follow

............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
the Bourne books treadstone was a very interesting idea. A off the books pre black ops spook house. In the movie it’s rogue cia weapon x factory.
In the book it was a team of patriots hiring for the UBL of the day.
Bourne was motivated to avenge his bother being killed by Carlos the jacket (who IRL was a joke the media built up into a public enemy #1), he wasn’t trick or forced into anything.
I wonder which treadstone the show will follow

I enjoyed the first 2 films, the last 2 Damon films were just carbon copies of the second. The Renner lead film was so off course and generic it hardly counts.

If the series is based on the novels as described by Omega it may be OK. However considering the fact most know the "Bourneiverse" via the films I doubt it. Most likely it'll be a more "woke" version of QOS where "OMG, espionage agencies iz shady AF yo!" In which case yawn, see every 80's action television show ever.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

There is also the 1988 version with Richard Chamberlain.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094791/