The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

That's one bandwagon I wish they would jump on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Disney's Big Boss, Bob Iger, has hinted that the James Bond franchise is in its sights. :clap: Not content with getting hold of Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios, Iger suggested that the world's favourite spy could soon be joining the Disney fold over the likes of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. :lol: ------banish Broccoli to Bogeyland :!:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I just voted in the election (UK General Election). Normally it is held in May/June and it is sunny. The voting building normally has the doors open with people outside. Today it was dark and rainy, and all the doors were closed. I could not find the way in along with another man who was there. We went round the side, opening the doors to some cupboards and a wood working studio before finally finding the way in.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Disney's Big Boss, Bob Iger, has hinted that the James Bond franchise is in its sights. :clap: Not content with getting hold of Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios, Iger suggested that the world's favourite spy could soon be joining the Disney fold over the likes of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Image ------banish Broccoli to Bogeyland :!:
Dunno about that. I want Babbzy gone as much as anybody, but I don't know that a sanitized Disney version of Bond is an improvement.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Disney's Big Boss, Bob Iger, has hinted that the James Bond franchise is in its sights. :clap: Not content with getting hold of Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios, Iger suggested that the world's favourite spy could soon be joining the Disney fold over the likes of Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. Image ------banish Broccoli to Bogeyland :!:
Dunno about that. I want Babbzy gone as much as anybody, but I don't know that a sanitized Disney version of Bond is an improvement.

+1, also don't forget what they did to Star Wars!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I could see Disney embrace the fox brand for the adult content but right now Deadpool is a strong maybe from them and they are collapsing the fox version of X-men to incorporate it in to their marvel verse

Babs would be crazy to sell bond as soon as she does she becomes a nobody in Hollywood

Now what Disney is saying is they are willing to buy MGM and Danjaq, so they are willing to put up a few billion to get it. But Disney now knows they need a show runner to plan it out decades in advance and has a solid feel for the material and audience, if they can do that Disney 007 would be a big improvement over the half assed eon production. But if Disney goes full wok it be better for bond to just die out as it’s doing now (imho)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: +1, also don't forget what they did to Star Wars!
Star Wars is a better fit for Disney than Bond is (and was offered to them in 1977). A Disneyfied Bond will be a sexless boy scout, the pendulum swinging way too far in the opposite direction from Craig's drunken hoodlum.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: +1, also don't forget what they did to Star Wars!
Star Wars is a better fit for Disney than Bond is (and was offered to them in 1977). A Disneyfied Bond will be a sexless boy scout, the pendulum swinging way too far in the opposite direction from Craig's drunken hoodlum.

You're absolutely right Kris, but I was referring more to the cannon desecration perpetrated on Star War. Then again it couldn't be much worse than what Babz and her boy sour face have already done.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Disney did well with marvel which is very close to their existing brand, Star Wars has a strong start but wrong producer overseeing the brand, they are trying to self correct but it’s a battle to win back what they had and lost.

Bond needs a unafraid studio to craft the right atmosphere for the series and correct attitude. Disney is putting the brakes on everything fox, even re showings of old movies. They had a lot of great brands that are fox studio owned but seem like those in control are trying to make another Disney studio out of studio with a much much large catalog that was never in competition with Disney.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to exit polls, Conservatives are expected to end up with 368 seats in the 650-seat lower chamber of Parliament, while the Labour Party will have only 191 seats. If those projections hold up, the Conservatives will have a majority of 86 seats.-----------------Broccoli is in decompression mode now as the hour glass is ticking to the end of her love interest's run as Bond-------she may be so distraught over "it's" exit that she no longer cares about her share of the franchise. MGW has already checked out. She could take the money and run, and set up a confectionery factory that mass produces Cr-egg-sicles so she can devour one daily in her emotionally driven depressed state. Image
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:According to exit polls, Conservatives are expected to end up with 368 seats in the 650-seat lower chamber of Parliament, while the Labour Party will have only 191 seats. If those projections hold up, the Conservatives will have a majority of 86 seats.-----------------Broccoli is in decompression mode now as the hour glass is ticking to the end of her love interest's run as Bond-------she may be so distraught over "it's" exit that she no longer cares about her share of the franchise. MGW has already checked out. She could take the money and run, and set up a confectionery factory that mass produces Cr-egg-sicles so she can devour one daily in her emotionally driven depressed state. Image
80 seat majority

Conservatives 363
Labour 203
Scottish National Party 46
Liberal Democrats 11

This means UK will now leave the EU. Scottish separatists won nearly all the seats in Scotland so there may be another Scottish independence referendum. The Liberal leader lost her seat.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone heard from Count Lippe recently? Methinks he could have some fun with this: https://007.talenthouse.com/

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ImageThe Broccoli Foundation was founded by Dana and Cubby Broccoli to support the arts, medicine and education. Any charitable organisation that would like to apply for funding must submit a detailed proposal to Danjaq. Funding requests should include: a history of the organisation; the areas the charity benefits (ie education, arts, science, etc) and purpose of funding request. The Broccoli Foundation generally supports specific projects rather than general funding.------let's submit a request for millions to be paid to the members here that had to endure 15 years of her pestilence on the celluloid screen :!: :clap:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blake Lively stars as Stephanie Patrick, an ordinary woman on a path of self-destruction after her family is tragically killed in a plane crash. When Stephanie discovers that the crash was not an accident, she enters a dark, complex world to seek revenge on those responsible and find her own redemption. Based on the novel by Mark Burnell, from director Reed Morano (THE HANDMAID’S TALE), THE RHYTHM SECTION also stars Jude Law and Sterling K. Brown. The film will be released on 31 January 2020.----------2 films in 3 months will be released by the Baroness de Stupidity. Image
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:Anyone heard from Count Lippe recently? Methinks he could have some fun with this: https://007.talenthouse.com/

The £2000 for selected works. It's easy to design a James Bond poster. Get a publicity photo of Craig from the Bond film, then write over it in white text!
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Lively positively surprised me with her acting in that shark movie and I found her to be perfect in A Simple Favour. She was also decent in The Age of Adaline. But somehow can not imagine her fitting in this kind of movie although it will be good to see Law(as always).
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Rhythm Section looks like a $50 million revenge thriller. Looking at the numbers for similar movies, it might just squeeze out a minor profit. Only the Taken movies have made significantly more than $150 million in that genre.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A New Hope – 121 minutes
The Empire Strikes Back – 124 minutes
Return of the Jedi – 131 minutes
The Phantom Menace – 136 minutes
Attack of the Clones – 142 minutes
Revenge of the Sith – 140 minutes
The Force Awakens – 138 minutes
Rogue One – 133 minutes
The Last Jedi – 152 minutes
Solo – 135 minutes
The Rise of Skywalker - 142 minutes
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Rise of Skywalker getting mixed reviews, not that it makes a difference. It could get 0% on Rotten Tomatoes and still make a billion dollars

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Interesting some of the star wars critics are blasting Craig’s brofield