The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Jason wrote:Babz says James Bond could be non binary:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertgoogainme ... e-producer

Toatlly crapped on her dad's and Fleming's legacy.
Oh please. Some people will say anything to generate publicity, and rising to the bait only encourages such behaviour. I hardly ever make predictions, but I'm confident that the next Bond won't be non-binary.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Barbara Broccoli was a former intern for The Hollywood Reporter.......I never knew this........and look where she is now, ruining her father's and Fleming's legacy!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:51 pm Barbara Broccoli was a former intern for The Hollywood Reporter.......I never knew this........and look where she is now, ruining her father's and Fleming's legacy!
I admire Barbara. She somehow worked her way up from the bottom to become head of Eon.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:51 pm Barbara Broccoli was a former intern for The Hollywood Reporter.......I never knew this........and look where she is now, ruining her father's and Fleming's legacy!
I admire Barbara. She somehow worked her way up from the bottom to become head of Eon.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

West Side Story's unwarranted remake has bombed badly :!: West Side Story, based on the 1957 Broadway musical, cost an estimated USD $100 million to remake, not including tens of millions of dollars in marketing costs. To date, the worldwide gross is only a pathetic $18 million. Spielberg wasted his time on this one and how do they recoup their investment?
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:11 am Spielberg wasted his time on this one and how do they recoup their investment?
He could always do the unthinkable and finally remake E.T.

Maybe that's what it would take for producers to finally realize how much remakes suck and that people are tired of them.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Babzy had a fit of “I’m going to try and go out on my own” the way many famous spawn do..and then they wind up working for the family eventually.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer: MP will see this film for sure!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Fleming's Instagram and Twitter accounts recently posted news of the next James Bond book. The book's cover was revealed along with its title: With A Mind to Kill. The novel's release date was also announced to be May 26, 2022. This is the first Bond book to be released since 2018. It was titled Forever and a Day, and was written by noted spy writer Anthony Horowitz. Horowitz returns to write With A Mind to Kill, and the synopsis for the story already sounds extremely unexpected. The synopsis reads: "It is M’s funeral. One man is missing from the graveside: the traitor who pulled the trigger and who is now in custody, accused of M’s murder – James Bond." Image
Last edited by bjmdds on Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Interesting. Have we had a story with Bond framed for a crime he didn't commit before? I assume there will be callbacks to the beginning of TMWTGG.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Apple has announced a new documentary called “The Sound of 007” focused on the “remarkable history of six decades of James Bond music.” The documentary is slated to be released in October 2022 to mark 60 years of James Bond. “The Sound of 007” will be exclusive to Apple TV+ and comes on the heels of their success in the documentary category. Image The documentary is being produced by MGM, Eon Productions, and Ventureland according to Deadline. Apple’s new film will include music from the entire franchise, dating all the way back to the first movie “Dr. No” from 1962. 007.com describes the documentary in the quote below. ‘The Sound of 007’ will go behind the lens into the greatest movie franchise in history from the genesis of Dr. No and the iconic 007 theme song all the way to No Time to Die, mixing heartfelt interviews with incredible James Bond archive material.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Macbeth is produced on Broadway by Barbara Broccoli, The Shubert Organization, Michael G. Wilson, and Frederick Zollo. Patrick Daly serves as Executive Producer.........Zollo is Broccoli's ex-hubby. She must be BFFs with her ex? Image Image Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:09 pm Fantastic Beasts 3 trailer: MP will see this film for sure!
In IMAX,too!(expense be darned) :)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Interesting. Have we had a story with Bond framed for a crime he didn't commit before? I assume there will be callbacks to the beginning of TMWTGG.

I see what they are doing. My guess is the final spin will be something like when bond was programmed to kill m, tmwtgg, m will be alive or if he’s killed it won’t be bond who did it, the agency will send bond back to who programmed him under cover to bring it down using m’s death as the proof bond is still their sleeper agent.

Or if they are bold it’ll be tmwtgg but bond does kill m, only then coming to his sense goes rogue (as you do) to avenge m.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Or if they are bold it’ll be tmwtgg but bond does kill m, only then coming to his sense goes rogue (as you do) to avenge m.
Really hope it isn't that last one. It would be hard to sympathise with a Bond who had actually turned traitor, even if it was under brainwashing.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This has been on my wishlist for some time: https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/mark- ... ewsupdate/

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:05 am This has been on my wishlist for some time: https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/mark- ... ewsupdate/

I've always liked Gatiss but my god, the finale of Sherlock was awful.
Irony-Man2
Lieutenant

Post by Irony-Man2 »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:00 pm Fleming's Instagram and Twitter accounts recently posted news of the next James Bond book. The book's cover was revealed along with its title: With A Mind to Kill. The novel's release date was also announced to be May 26, 2022. This is the first Bond book to be released since 2018. It was titled Forever and a Day, and was written by noted spy writer Anthony Horowitz. Horowitz returns to write With A Mind to Kill, and the synopsis for the story already sounds extremely unexpected. The synopsis reads: "It is M’s funeral. One man is missing from the graveside: the traitor who pulled the trigger and who is now in custody, accused of M’s murder – James Bond." Image
I read Horowitz's 1st 2 Bond novels. They were good, efficient Bond novels. Not quite as lean as Fleming, but with a good grasp of his ability to craft killer opening and closing sentences.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:04 pm I've always liked Gatiss but my god, the finale of Sherlock was awful.
As Moffat said, it's unlikely that they would have as much creative freedom on Bond as they did on Sherlock. Which might actually be a good thing, as it would rein in the self-indulgence that marred the last couple of seasons of that show. It's funny that they echoed Edgar Wright's earlier call for a lighter Bond. Moffat and Wright previously worked together on the screenplay for Spielberg's Tintin movie. If it was announced that Bond 26 was to be directed by Wright with a screenplay by Wright, Moffat and Gatiss, and the right choice of actor playing Bond, I think I'd be more excited about a Bond film than I have been for 20 years. But I doubt we'll be that lucky. It'll be Purvis, Wade, Waller-Bridge and Funkichicken again, with Rege-Jean Page or Tom Hardy as Bond.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Or if they are bold it’ll be tmwtgg but bond does kill m, only then coming to his sense goes rogue (as you do) to avenge m.
Really hope it isn't that last one. It would be hard to sympathise with a Bond who had actually turned traitor, even if it was under brainwashing.

I hope so too because it’s half baked Babs s**t scripting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007: