The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Happy New Year gang! The best wishes to us all! Do you believe Cr-egg's reign as Bond will finally come to a close in 2023 with the 7th 007 named.....OR....will Broccoli extend it into 2024? :!:
I don't know, but even if she doesn't announce, I think Craig will start to fade in the public consciousness, just one former Bond among many rather than "the current Bond". NTTD gets its UK network TV premiere over here tomorrow, any idea when it will be shown on free-to-air TV over there?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Daily Mail is now reporting that EON are "eyeing up" Lucien Laviscount (no, me neither) to be the next Bond. Funny, I'm pretty sure it was the Mail who reported that Aaron Taylor-Johnson had already shot his gunbarrel a couple of weeks ago. It's almost as if they're just making it up as they go along, and we shouldn't trust a word they say.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Happy New Year all! :NewYears:

Kristatos wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:28 am The Daily Mail is now reporting that EON are "eyeing up" Lucien Laviscount (no, me neither) to be the next Bond. Funny, I'm pretty sure it was the Mail who reported that Aaron Taylor-Johnson had already shot his gunbarrel a couple of weeks ago. It's almost as if they're just making it up as they go along, and we shouldn't trust a word they say.
Yeah, Johnson was all but a done deal just a few scant weeks ago! If you can't trust The Mail or "the bookies" who can you trust?!

This rumor I'm a bit more inclined to believe, just because it ticks a few more boxes than the previous one, namely this guy's an absolute nobody who hasn't starred in anything and as an actor of color is more in line with whom I suspect EON/Amazon are looking for in order to garner the Hollywood Blvd street cred they are so thirsty for.

Kristatos wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:49 pm
bjmdds wrote:Happy New Year gang! The best wishes to us all! Do you believe Cr-egg's reign as Bond will finally come to a close in 2023 with the 7th 007 named.....OR....will Broccoli extend it into 2024? :!:
I don't know, but even if she doesn't announce, I think Craig will start to fade in the public consciousness, just one former Bond among many rather than "the current Bond". NTTD gets its UK network TV premiere over here tomorrow, any idea when it will be shown on free-to-air TV over there?
It's still playing on MGM owned mid-tier pay channel EPIX. Bond films don't really play on free network T.V. here, the lowest they drop to are the "basic cable" channels like TBS and AMC. When will that occur? Hard to say with Amazon in the ownership mix. Craig started fading into the ether even before N,TTD which IMHO is why so many have expressed satisfaction at finally seeing the back of him.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Another waste of Bond time? Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

One of my suggested videos on YouTube was..Duran Duran’s theme for AVTAK! #nowthatsachoon
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image According to the Daily Mail ... his work in 'EIP' -- where he plays the main character's love interest, Alfie -- is what landed him as a frontrunner for the job. He's been on for 2 seasons. DM cites one purported insider as saying, "Lucien ticks all of the boxes. He is a super talented actor, (says who?) is extremely handsome (not really) and in the past 18 months has won lots of new fans (all teenage girls) since he joined Emily In Paris. Bond bosses are already saying how you can see him in the 007 tuxedo, how dapper and fitting to the role he will look." The thing that might hurt him, apparently ... his time on 'Celebrity Big Brother,' on which he competed in 2011. According to this source, the Bond producers think it's low brow stuff not fitting of a Bond actor, (oh really?) even though they're supposedly still pretty high on him in general. The other interesting tidbit coming out of this report ... Broccoli is said to have greenlit stunt work testing over at Pinewood Studios, where they've shot a lot of Bond content. If true, that would mean they're ramping up to start the next chapter post-Craig/'No Time to Die.'---------------what a joke this EMILY guy would be as Bond and for Broccoli to choose amongst this drone and the new boy toy is pathetic when Turner and Cavill are sitting on her front porch for years :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

As always, my rule is "don't believe a word until there's an official announcement". I swear they're just going through a list of male British actors of around the right age at this point, thinking that if they keep saying that all of them are the next Bond, they're bound to be right eventually. Then they can say "look, we called it", and hope that we'll just forget about the other 647 actors who they also said were going to be Bond.

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:36 pm ----what a joke this EMILY guy would be as Bond and for Broccoli to choose amongst this drone and the new boy toy is pathetic when Turner and Cavill are sitting on her front porch for years :!:
Did we not just have this conversation when the last guy was all but officially declared the new Bond? As Kris said they're just throwing darts at a list of British actors in their 30's hoping sooner or later one of them sticks. You know how I know this article is full of B.S. (other than the casting prediction)?
"Broccoli is said to have greenlit stunt work testing over at Pinewood Studios"
We know d**n well Babz hasn't green lit anything other than another pina colada at the poolside bar of whichever tropical resort she's currently residing. EON doesn't do anything until the last minute that includes writing the film so how can the film stunts? More to the point they haven't cast any roles yet so how the hell can you approximate the actors with appropriate stunt performers especially if they're considering actors from a variety of racial demographics? That is unless they want to set themselves up to mimic this scene from I'm Gonna Get You Sucka?

(or more on point LALD)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

They seem to think we have the memory of goldfish. In some cases, they appear to be right.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Silly season has started. :down: :picard:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:46 pm Silly season has started. :down: :picard:
Though I do have to thank Benny for reminding me of I'm Gonna Git You, Sucka, a very funny film that I had all but forgotten about.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Actor Jeremy Renner is hospitalized in critical condition after being injured in a weather-related snow plowing incident in Nevada, his publicist confirmed to CNN.

“As of now, we can confirm Jeremy is in critical but stable condition with injuries suffered after experiencing a weather related accident while plowing snow earlier today,” Sam Mast told CNN in a statement. “His family is with him and he is receiving excellent care.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Martina Navratilova, the tennis legend who dominated the sport in the 1970s and 1980s and won 59 major titles during her historic career, has been diagnosed with throat and breast cancer. This is Navratilova's second bout with cancer. In 2010, she announced that she was being treated for breast cancer after a tumor was discovered during a routine mammogram. The tumor was removed surgically, and Navratilova underwent a brief course of radiation therapy.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I've just seen a story on my news feed that Henry Cavill is to enter the MCU as Captain Britain. But it was from a site I'd never heard of, and may just be clickbait, so I'm not going to post the link here. I don't like to encourage such people.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:45 am I've just seen a story on my news feed that Henry Cavill is to enter the MCU as Captain Britain. But it was from a site I'd never heard of, and may just be clickbait, so I'm not going to post the link here. I don't like to encourage such people.

Probably clickbait, but if true and that's a big IF, it goes to show EON can get him if they want and for a lot less money than the previous "actor." Seriously if EON cast Cavill I would guarantee a billion dollar box-office for the first film, just because everyone would want to see it After that however I couldn't say, since we would still have the same producers, writers and I'm sure another half-assed, wannabe auteur director looking to "deconstruct" the character.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thought people might be interested in this guide to 2023's big releases. Release dates are likely to be for the UK and Ireland, but most big studio films get released around the same time everywhere these days:

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/upcomi ... h-in-2023/

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:45 am I've just seen a story on my news feed that Henry Cavill is to enter the MCU as Captain Britain. But it was from a site I'd never heard of, and may just be clickbait, so I'm not going to post the link here. I don't like to encourage such people.

Probably clickbait, but if true and that's a big IF, it goes to show EON can get him if they want and for a lot less money than the previous "actor." Seriously if EON cast Cavill I would guarantee a billion dollar box-office for the first film, just because everyone would want to see it After that however I couldn't say, since we would still have the same producers, writers and I'm sure another half-assed, wannabe auteur director looking to "deconstruct" the character.
Agreed on all counts. You have people like Edgar Wright, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss putting it out that they have ideas for how to make Bond fun again without it feeling like a retread or pastiche of earlier films. Those are the sort of people that I think EON should be looking at. But if they just wheel out Purvis and Wade again, and bring back Martin Campbell to direct on the grounds that he did the last two relaunches, then it doesn't matter if they cast an absolutely perfect actor to play Bond. It'll just be more of the same old same old.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"It tends not to be the front-runner" - Rory Kinnear:

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/film ... 51410.html

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli wa very impressed with this actor's screen test as well to be the next Bond: :Happy:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:47 am "It tends not to be the front-runner" - Rory Kinnear:

https://www.standard.co.uk/culture/film ... 51410.html

He's right, but not because of any insight due to his involvement in the series, just like us he's just been paying attention.