The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image Introducing the new, improved and very luminous 2019 Vanquish, Aston Martin's latest addition to one of its most popular and powerful models, the next generation features a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine that will take it from 0 to 60mph in 3.5 seconds and on to a maximum speed of 195mph. Which should give it just enough speed to drag race through the markets of Istanbul, or whatever else Bond has lined up for his next outing.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

BJ,my nephews(plural!) would love that car..for now they'll just have to be happy with the ones they have(second hand cars but that's better than nothing!)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ask Broccoli to buy him one. She can afford it. :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:BJ,my nephews(plural!) would love that car..for now they'll just have to be happy with the ones they have(second hand cars but that's better than nothing!)
who wouldn’t! Secondhand cars aren’t such a bad thing got to start somewhere and learn somewhere.
Twin turbo V8 and a new driver? Hate to think about it. The crap we pulled in the crap cars we had, if they had any real power we’d either make the jump across the creek or we’d be dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote:Image
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
This year our household is thankful for my wife's mother. We thought we were going to lose her just a few months ago, she survived the surgeries making enough improvement to come back home with us in time for the holidays.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans! Image

Tomorrow is the day when Americans beat each other up in the stores to get to reduced items? :twisted:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Happy thanksgiving !!

Nah, we don’t camp out we order online in pre-Black Friday access. Actually there is footage of people lining up last night to get door busters at Best Buy, I had access Monday online to most of the specials including door busters. They act like is special access I doubt it is. They only thing I didn’t check was if the door buster 4k tv sale could be ordered early a few could

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Thanksgiving - in the US people must be sick of pumpkins now. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Gaurang Chauhan, TIMES NOW: Justice League, which opened to unreasonably harsh reviews from critics, and a mixed reaction from movie watching audiences, is expected to lose close to $50-100 million, according to a report by Forbes. According to the same report, Justice League cost a huge $300 million and an additional $150 million was spent on it's marketing. After an utterly disappointing opening weekend of just $94 million, the film is turning out to be a losing affair for it's maker. It is expected that the film will make $235 million by the end of its run at the North American box office and $400 million in the overseas market, which will take its total to $635 million. If that holds true, it'll be the lowest grossing film under DCEU.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Gaurang Chauhan, TIMES NOW: Justice League, which opened to unreasonably harsh reviews from critics, and a mixed reaction from movie watching audiences, is expected to lose close to $50-100 million, according to a report by Forbes. According to the same report, Justice League cost a huge $300 million and an additional $150 million was spent on it's marketing. After an utterly disappointing opening weekend of just $94 million, the film is turning out to be a losing affair for it's maker. It is expected that the film will make $235 million by the end of its run at the North American box office and $400 million in the overseas market, which will take its total to $635 million. If that holds true, it'll be the lowest grossing film under DCEU.
I am waiting on the blame game to name Ben Affleck's close association with Harvey Weinstein as root cause for this debacle. A month before the movie was released there was a story where this idea was floated.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

And his even closer association with Casey Affleck ;)

I wonder how much that had to do with it, though. After all, Warner Bros has just announced that wife-beater Johnny Depp is still in Fantastic Beasts 2. They obviously calculated that any money they lose will be less than whatever it would cost to release him from his contract.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well if this don’t just suck, looks like I won’t be having healthcare next year premiums are up over 60%, I used to pay less than $90 a month before obama care now a lesser policy costs over $600 a month with a bigger deductible and co pay if I actually use it and I haven’t.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Looks like JL will lose the top spot for the 5 day holiday and 3 day weekend

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Well if this don’t just suck, looks like I won’t be having healthcare next year premiums are up over 60%, I used to pay less than $90 a month before obama care now a lesser policy costs over $600 a month with a bigger deductible and co pay if I actually use it and I haven’t.

Blame Oh-bama for it and the 100% Democratic votes in 2010 big O :!: It's a disgrace. My friend's wife was dropped from her plan again and her new plan in 2018 is $600/month with a $5800 deductible to boot :!: If the entire country had to deal with this, not just the self-employed, the outcry would be catastrophic against those who passed this trash law :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Looks like JL will lose the top spot for the 5 day holiday and 3 day weekend

Coco did them in :!: Coco :!: Justice League is a bomb :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:Well if this don’t just suck, looks like I won’t be having healthcare next year premiums are up over 60%, I used to pay less than $90 a month before obama care now a lesser policy costs over $600 a month with a bigger deductible and co pay if I actually use it and I haven’t.

Blame Oh-bama for it and the 100% Democratic votes in 2010 big O :!: It's a disgrace. My friend's wife was dropped from her plan again and her new plan in 2018 is $600/month with a $5800 deductible to boot :!: If the entire country had to deal with this, not just the self-employed, the outcry would be catastrophic against those who passed this trash law :!:
it is trash, if congress had to live under it without there super subsidy they would fix this bill quick.
I had to resubmit my application to update for next years income and they gave a subsidy :shock: which kind of makes up for the exact amount of the increase. :shock: What the hell is going on? No way should it naturally work out like this.
I’ve got to take the subsidy which goes directly to the insurance companies or I definitely will not be able to afford insurance this next year. Hunted for a lower deductible and co-pay too, hard to find but without it healthcare is still unaffordable.

I think part of the increase was to kill the particular plan I was on because they took it from a low deductible to high, still the other plans in the same silver range were not that much cheaper but at least the deductible was less. Another reason I think they were killing a particular plan is our state was supposed to have a lower rate increase they amount they jumped does not match the rate approved.

It was stressful but I think I’m going to be ok for next year. Dunno about 2019 if this law isn’t fixed.

Sorry your friends wife is caught up in this mess too. Every year its a crapshoot at what policies and companies will still be standing, if the insurance company doesn’t like the policy the price it out of existence.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote:Looks like JL will lose the top spot for the 5 day holiday and 3 day weekend

Coco did them in :!: Coco :!: Justice League is a bomb :!:
I’m kind of surprised at that, I thought JL would get more of the young audience on vacation than they are, not only is Coco beating JL they are selling a hell of a lot more tickets because it a children movie.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The weekend estimates aren't out yet as I type this, but Box Office Mojo has published, a tad prematurely, its 2017 charts, both domestic and worldwide. I expect the actual year-end chart to look very different, thanks to the release of a certain film whose title rhymes with "the past deadeye". But it's interesting to compare the domestic (US and Canada) chart to the worldwide one. Both charts have Hermione and the Beast at #1 and Spiderman: Homecoming at #4. But the other 3 slots are completely different. The domestic chart has Wonder Woman at #2 (#7 worldwide), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 at #3 (#6 worldwide) and It at #5 (#10 worldwide).

Meanwhile, the worldwide chart had The Fate of the Furious at #2 (#9 domestic), Despicable Me 3 at #3 (#7 domestic) and the Chinese movie Wolf Warrior 2 at #5 (#151 domestic!) Make of this what you will.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After September delivered record numbers, the month of October saw the 2017 box office return to its downward trend, delivering calendar grosses down 15.6% compared to last year, falling below $600 million for the first time in ten years. Perhaps most startling is that with 287 films in release, the average per film was just $1.9 million, making it the first time that average has ever fallen below $2.1 million for any individual month based on BoxOfficeMojo's records going back to "1982" :!: