The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Actuals are in JL made $93.8 million, took forever to be updated @ BO mojo, IMO until the days news cycle was essential over.
what was weird was glancing at BO Mojo and going back and forth between open web browsers and the BO mojo site on my phone, the browser picked up meta data I guess for BO mojo it had the synopsis as $93 million JL opening weekend, that was this morning they wouldn’t update the main story for 10 more hours, my guess is they and a lot of others knew $94 million was not happening but didn’t want to hurt WB knowing that once this news cycle ended it was unlikely to be corrected. $94 was bad enough but $93 would build a narratives about the doom of the DC extended universe. Just a guess based on my seeing the data early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Never thought Charlie rose was a bastion of media integrity, didn’t think he was a complete perv either.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Executive producer Barbara Broccoli feels that despite their chemistry on set Bond, played by Daniel Craig, will not bed Moneypenny, played by Naomie Harris. An LA movie source said: “The production company has reached out to several writers to suggest plot ideas and twists for Bond in Daniel’s final outing. They wanted ideas that had not been seen in their franchise before to try to shake things up. One idea was for Bond finally to move beyond flirting and one liners and actually share a romance with Moneypenny. But that idea was nixed as it would go against the whole relationship built up during their screen careers.” :Bonk:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Actress Melissa Gilbert claimed that director Oliver Stone sexually harassed her during an audition for his 1991 film The Doors :!: Gilbert says the role she was auditioning for was Meg Ryan’s character. She goes into detail about the scene—a scene he said he wrote especially for her. The scene had her on her hands and knees saying, “Do me, baby.” :shock: Gilbert said that Stone asked her to stage it and she refused and left the audition crying.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It’s still a year away, but we’re just starting to learn new information about the next installment of the Fantastic Beasts series of movies, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. :Happy: Producer David Heyman has said to Entertainment Weekly that he believes this second movie will be even better than the first. The official title of the Fantastic Beasts sequel was announced just last week, exactly one year ahead of its scheduled release in theaters. According to the official synopsis for the film, The Crimes of Grindelwald picks up some time after the eponymous dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) has made good on his promise to escape after being arrested and taken into custody by MACUSA, and is now roaming the world attracting more and more followers to his vile cause. The only hope that the Wizarding World has of stopping him lies with Albus Dumbledore – who, at this point in the Wizarding World timeline of events, is a much younger and far more troubled man (played by Jude Law) than the wise and whimsical wizard who mentored The Boy Who Lived in the Harry Potter series.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Will Coco wreck weekend 2 of the IN-Justice League? :ROFL: :ROFL: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Is there a huge difference between $94 million and $93 million? If it was some big symbolic milestone like the $100 million mark, I could understand it, but I can't see why $94 million would be that big a deal.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Is there a huge difference between $94 million and $93 million? If it was some big symbolic milestone like the $100 million mark, I could understand it, but I can't see why $94 million would be that big a deal.
you may be right, they haven’t updated the main story yet which said $96 million that so many news outlets used as a source. I’m still suspicious If there’s a good reason the Bo wasn’t updated to actuals until after the nightly news were put to bed. The crap pulled releasing rotten tomatoes numbers late and other crap WB pulled makes me wonder when BO Mojo one of the few places to publish the numbers acts differently, it may just be the holiday week here but usually its big holiday weekend they are slow on not the weekend before. And they had the lower data early on since I saw it in the page synopsis yesterday morning.

Still I think JL losing more ground every day even as they reduced expectations daily is a story. Maybe I’m over thinking the reaction a $93 million story would have Monday morning. It does increase the percentages DC is losing between BvS and JL.

Oh I’ve got to admit Orient Express is going to break my expectations and make money. It’s at $148 million so by December it’s a money maker. I don’t think it’ll do much more in the USA, the foreign market has been small but consistent. The only way it doesn’t make money is if they spent too much on P&R or the Chinese box office is a huge part of the total since they still only get a fraction of that money.
But orient express is having the kind of success Brosnan wanted for his November man and Joss Whedon wanted for Serenity.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Executive producer Barbara Broccoli feels that despite their chemistry on set Bond, played by Daniel Craig, will not bed Moneypenny, played by Naomie Harris. An LA movie source said: “The production company has reached out to several writers to suggest plot ideas and twists for Bond in Daniel’s final outing. They wanted ideas that had not been seen in their franchise before to try to shake things up. One idea was for Bond finally to move beyond flirting and one liners and actually share a romance with Moneypenny. But that idea was nixed as it would go against the whole relationship built up during their screen careers.” :Bonk:
didn’t they try that MO crap with VR in DAD so they could give the fanboys a nod but not actually do it in the real bond world? Besides I didn’t think (friend of Harvey Weinstein) Naomi Harris and Craig had “great chemistry”

Reaching out to several writers seems like a bad sign. Confirming they have no ideas for bond and no reason other that Babs obsession with Craig for making this movie. We’ll see once they get going on production it feels right now like nobody really wants to make the movie just they promised to for the money. I’m not even sure they have any ideas for a post Craig era they ever intend to act on.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

BOM usually posts actuals late Monday afternoon or early evening, US Eastern time. Because of the time difference, it's fairly common for them not to have posted before I go to bed on Monday. I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary here.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Executive producer Barbara Broccoli feels that despite their chemistry on set Bond, played by Daniel Craig, will not bed Moneypenny, played by Naomie Harris. An LA movie source said: “The production company has reached out to several writers to suggest plot ideas and twists for Bond in Daniel’s final outing. They wanted ideas that had not been seen in their franchise before to try to shake things up. One idea was for Bond finally to move beyond flirting and one liners and actually share a romance with Moneypenny. But that idea was nixed as it would go against the whole relationship built up during their screen careers.” :Bonk:
didn’t they try that MO crap with VR in DAD so they could give the fanboys a nod but not actually do it in the real bond world? Besides I didn’t think (friend of Harvey Weinstein) Naomi Harris and Craig had “great chemistry”

Reaching out to several writers seems like a bad sign. Confirming they have no ideas for bond and no reason other that Babs obsession with Craig for making this movie. We’ll see once they get going on production it feels right now like nobody really wants to make the movie just they promised to for the money. I’m not even sure they have any ideas for a post Craig era they ever intend to act on.
The current screenwriters and the Eon Productions team have no clue of what they're doing with the franchise. :picard:

Looking at the Dynamite Entertainment-published Bond comics, I envy those writers who produce very genuine James Bond adventures in a month than Neal Pervert & Robert Waste deliver in three years. Also, putting the whole script in John Logan's hands... a man who single-handedly destroyed Star Trek and other franchises... what were they thinking?!

Give me a thousand more Die Another Days over anything the Craig era has offered.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Never thought Charlie rose was a bastion of media integrity, didn’t think he was a complete perv either.

[video][/video] "watch the hands, he knows what he's doing" :!: These 2 co-hosts KNEW he was a predator and laughed about it :!: NOW they ACT shocked he was outed :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:BOM usually posts actuals late Monday afternoon or early evening, US Eastern time. Because of the time difference, it's fairly common for them not to have posted before I go to bed on Monday. I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary here.
not really, afternoon for sure then again my time zones move the other direction..I also seem to recall there was another bo source that would sometimes publish first, maybe yesterday was holiday related and the not WB helpline.
Still I saw 93 million in some kinda of meta data for their site. I almost posted that JL wouldn’t even hit 94 in actuals didn’t because of how it could be taken by some and I wasn’t 100% sure

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Fox wants Kenneth Branagh back as Poirot: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/murd ... ign=buffer

Honestly, I don't know why I'm even following this story, since I have no intention of seeing this movie. I think it's purely that all-star Agatha Christie adaptations are a thing from my childhood that I never expected to make a comeback.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

CBS News president David Rhodes issued a statement on Tuesday, noting Rose's "extremely disturbing and intolerable behavior." Charlie Rose has been terminated by CBS News, network president David Rhodes announced Tuesday. The decision comes just one day after a Washington Post report detailing a pattern of coercion and harassment of women who worked – or aspired to work – on Rose’s eponymous nighttime talk show....................Another sexual harassment bombshell is rocking Capitol Hill, after a report claimed Rep. John Conyers :cuss: settled a complaint with an ex-employee who said she was fired because she did not “succumb to [his] sexual advances” – a claim the powerful Democrat denied on Tuesday. Michigan Rep. Conyers, the longest-serving House member, settled the case in 2015 after allegedly making repeated sexual advances to female staff, according to BuzzFeed. In documents obtained by BuzzFeed News, several former staff members reportedly accused Conyers of requesting sexual favors, rubbing their hands sexually and rubbing their legs and backs :!: The report said the woman who settled with Conyers ended up with a confidentiality agreement in exchange for a roughly $27,000 settlement -- which reportedly came from Conyers' office budget as opposed to a massive fund that has been used to settle hundreds of cases with federal employees. Conyers, 88, has served in the House for decades. He was active in the civil-rights movement and helped found the Congressional Black Caucus; he’s now the top Democrat on the House 'Judiciary' Committee :!: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Pixar's John Lasseter is the latest Hollywood bigshot to be outed as a sexual predator. Really bad timing considering they have a movie coming out this weekend.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/n ... rs-1059594
Last edited by Kristatos on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added link
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

David Cassidy, pop culture idol of the 1970s, died Tuesday in a Florida hospital. The musician and actor was 67.

His publicist JoAnn Geffen confirmed his death, with a statement from his family. “On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy. David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years.” [video][/video]
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP David Cassidy.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

RIP
Knew it was bad when they went the medically induced coma rout.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Lots to be thankful for this year..among them that my 17-year-old nephew passed his driver's test yesterday! :Happy:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol: