The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Kris and Katied win an all expense paid trip to meet Cr-egg on the set of the untitled Bond film and Broccoli will pay for it :!:
There actually is a competition running at the moment with that as the prize.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
yes being scowled at by Craig is the grand prize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They've actually done this once before. Why couldn't they have had these competitions back in the era of real Bond films? I'm just imagining how cool it would have been for my teenage self to get to hang out on the Pinewood 007 stage with Roger Moore.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think they had a condition for die another day to sit next to brosnan at the movie primer

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

(Sits gibbering in the foetal position) it's only a rumour, it's not confirmed, there's no need to panic...https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... n-18787349

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:(Sits gibbering in the foetal position) it's only a rumour, it's not confirmed, there's no need to panic...https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... n-18787349

aw Jesus! On the bright side maybe he’ll plagiarize Duran Duran.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:(Sits gibbering in the foetal position) it's only a rumour, it's not confirmed, there's no need to panic...https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... n-18787349

aw Jesus! On the bright side maybe he’ll plagiarize Duran Duran.

Daniel is not just the lead actor on the movie but also one of the producers, so he has huge sway over every aspect.
:D He has certainly done a number of the James Bond series.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I spotted that quote as well Capt. Reminds me of an earlier rant I did concerning how Danny has become the show runner making him indispensable to Babz. I wonder if he'll stick around as producer after he leaves the role, especially with his acting career drying up?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's time for a new Felix Leiter as well. There were many in the past and Wright's time is over for the role.
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

If they really hire Sheeran we just might get a theme just as wimpy as the last one. Perhaps even more so, at least Smith's one had a great instrumental part.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:It's time for a new Felix Leiter as well There were many in the past and Wright's time is over for the role.
I'd rather have a soft reboot when we get a new Bond. New M, new Q, new Moneypenny, new Leiter, and no references to Brofeld or M dying. That way, the Craig films can exist in their own pocket universe, and Bond 26 can be a continuation of the real Bond franchise.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That’s always been the dream. It gets less and less likely as they spend decades making the CraigCrapverse. The instinct of Hollywood is reboot, although in recent history it’s become less popular.

Not sure what will be left of the franchise when craig leaves. What I’m truly afraid of is babs will buy the digital rights to Craig’s image and keep stuntmen acting out his scenes with cgi Craig in the lead. If he stays on as a producer it’d be just as bad.

But any of that happen would only be successful if the Bond franchise truly exist in a bubble like babs and Craig think it does. Cubby and saltzman knew what it was like to come close to losing everything with the franchise, babs does not. I think this is a big difference in how they looked at the franchise.

If bond 25 is just success enough to justify babs blind faith in Craig foreva then it’ll be hard to ever get anyone to make a decent bond movie again. The start of the forum and NoTBond . Com we’re all about boycotting the series until it was restored to what it originally was, I didn’t think it’d work and don’t think boycotting is a normally a legitimate protest option the irony is now it is the only thing that possibly could change direction of the franchise.
People thought Zack Snyder‘s vision of the DCEU was inevitable and would power through the fanboy criticism, but maybe it’s fan disinterest or maybe it’s the new social media culture, some how movie fans have figured out they can dictate changes on some level by not buying the movies. If babs has two flops on her hands in a row, her new movie this November is going to flop, and if bond 25 flops she’d be done as a producer in any other organization.

But the odds of it happening are slim and the odds of a soft reset would be hard to do in anyone’s hands but a master story teller.

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:I'd rather have a soft reboot when we get a new Bond. New M, new Q, new Moneypenny, new Leiter, and no references to Brofeld or M dying. That way, the Craig films can exist in their own pocket universe, and Bond 26 can be a continuation of the real Bond franchise.
Very, very much agreed.
Omega wrote:Not sure what will be left of the franchise when craig leaves. What I’m truly afraid of is babs will buy the digital rights to Craig’s image and keep stuntmen acting out his scenes with cgi Craig in the lead. If he stays on as a producer it’d be just as bad.
There's going to be more and more of this as the tech improves and gets cheaper and faster. For iconic actors, part of me thinks it's great, but another part is thinking because it's not really them driving the facial expressions, motions and tones of voice, it's something of a travesty. I expect AI will get very good at copying the mannerisms of the original actors. This has already been achieved to some extent, but it's not seamless yet. It worked well with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jeff Bridges but in both cases they still had the original actors (and their blessing). If Babs was seriously going to attempt to do this with Craig's likeness then why not a virtual Sean or Roger instead? Still, if it was scripted, produced and directed as a Craig-Bond, just with Sean's or Roger's likenesses, what a hideous insult that would be! :( Maybe fifty years from now people will just choose which of their favorite actors they want to drop in to the latest movie when they watch it!
Omega wrote:But the odds of it happening are slim and the odds of a soft reset would be hard to do in anyone’s hands but a master story teller.
I agree the odds are slim but it's easy enough to do. At least in the classic movies, each Bond story was pretty self-contained, so actors and details could just change without explicit reference to the fact that they had.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

kater23 wrote:Thought of Sweeney since apparently the volcano in Iceland is becoming active again. I’ve always wanted to go to Iceland but that-and the fact that it stays light until the middle of the night-give me pause.
Awwww...glad I'm still thought of on here. :Happy:

I'm still not getting excited by Bond 25. The only thing that may get me excited is if the title was revealed as Shatterhand, and the film would rely heavily on the Fleming novel YOLT, including Bond going in to Blofeld's castle, getting captured and sitting on his volcano chair.

But that is light years away from the crappy direction EON are taking Bond these days. I want EON to sell up and move on. Give it to someone who respects the franchise, and Fleming and Cubby's legacy. Go back to the books, and give us a cast that resembled what Fleming wrote.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

My theory is that they did want to use Shatterhand as the title, but all the people going "huh huh, you said shat" forced them to abandon the announcement. Hence no title at the press conference.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Maybe, I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted something they think is meaningful , endgame , bond ends, maybe ripoff Logan with Bond

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:My theory is that they did want to use Shatterhand as the title, but all the people going "huh huh, you said shat" forced them to abandon the announcement. Hence no title at the press conference.

I agree, that and the fact the cat was out of the bag months before the press conference, while Babz kept denying it. She'd have major egg on her face had she used that title
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:My theory is that they did want to use Shatterhand as the title, but all the people going "huh huh, you said shat" forced them to abandon the announcement. Hence no title at the press conference.
Ah, so Uranusraker it is then! :lol: Sorry Ian! :oops:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This probably belongs in the Wessex Bond news thread, but stuff posted to threads other than this one tends not to get seen for days, so...Bond 25 crew spotted on the Isle of Wight: https://www.countypress.co.uk/news/1780 ... sle-wight/
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Bond 25 film set has been hit with a second 'peeping Tom' incident, :hair: after a woman reported a man sliding a hand under a toilet cubicle partition to film her :!:

The Sun reports that the woman fled the toilet and alerted security at Pinewood Studios, but the man ran from the scene and escaped.

A source told the paper: “The woman chased after him and shouted at people to stop him but he got away."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

So he’s been seen by a lot of people. They have to have a good idea of not just what he looks like but who he is. Everyone on the studio is checked in and they know who’s there. Security footage has this creep on it.

Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

updated Tapatalk, if it stopped working please let me know.