The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by carl stromberg »

RIP Peter Lamont and Jeremy Bulloch.
Bring back Bond!
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

carl stromberg wrote:Image

RIP Peter Lamont and Jeremy Bulloch.
d**n we’re just taking about bullock because of the mando series finale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just read a tweet saying that MGM is looking to sell the Bond franchise to another studio. Unfortunately, it linked to a Wall Street Journal article that's hidden behind a paywall. Any WSJ subscribers here? Doesn't seem much point posting the link otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:54 am Just read a tweet saying that MGM is looking to sell the Bond franchise to another studio. Unfortunately, it linked to a Wall Street Journal article that's hidden behind a paywall. Any WSJ subscribers here? Doesn't seem much point posting the link otherwise.

I searched the WSJ website and was able to read half an article stating MGM is looking for a buyer of the studio not just Bond. If you want to post a link to your article my wife has a subscription and I can confirm.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:54 am Just read a tweet saying that MGM is looking to sell the Bond franchise to another studio. Unfortunately, it linked to a Wall Street Journal article that's hidden behind a paywall. Any WSJ subscribers here? Doesn't seem much point posting the link otherwise.

I searched the WSJ website and was able to read half an article stating MGM is looking for a buyer of the studio not just Bond. If you want to post a link to your article my wife has a subscription and I can confirm.
It probably is the same article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/mgm-holdin ... PRw4L3Ui9a

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Yup, that's the article, I read through it, long story short MGM is for sale and Bond is it's biggest property (making a separate sale of the holding highly unlikely, now or in the future). MGM was hoping the release of NTTD would have bolstered their coffers for the year making the studio more attractive to potential buyers and boost the studio's price (a joke of an idea considering all we've heard of the production).
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Can mgm sell their half of danjaq? There was some weird clause from when saltzman sold UA that should they go bankrupt saltzman s family get the rights back.
I wonder if they can sell bond or not. I’m sure they can sell CR and Thunderball sine they own those outright .

Btw Babs is on very good term with saltzman daughter, some story from a few years ago when saltzman daughter was outing on a stage production of bond I think in Las Vegas.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:55 pm Btw Babs is on very good term with saltzman daughter, some story from a few years ago when saltzman daughter was outing on a stage production of bond I think in Las Vegas.
IDK, I thought Babz put the kibosh on that production under copyright infringement, Saltzman Jr. tried to argue it was parody therefore not subject to copyright but ultimately lost out.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Skyfail was on the Bravo channel last night.Forgot how convoluted(particularly the pre titles sequence) it is.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

kater23 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:20 pm Skyfail was on the Bravo channel last night.Forgot how convoluted(particularly the pre titles sequence) it is.
Was it this one?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:55 pm Btw Babs is on very good term with saltzman daughter, some story from a few years ago when saltzman daughter was outing on a stage production of bond I think in Las Vegas.
IDK, I thought Babz put the kibosh on that production under copyright infringement, Saltzman Jr. tried to argue it was parody therefore not subject to copyright but ultimately lost out.
Really? I must have missed that. There was a story about her and saltzman daughter getting along then mentioned in passing about the stage production of bond which is what Babs would rather do anyway

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

:XmasBlink:
:xmas2:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good nigh! :xmas2:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:02 am
dirtybenny wrote:
Really? I must have missed that. There was a story about her and saltzman daughter getting along then mentioned in passing about the stage production of bond which is what Babs would rather do anyway
This article states EON and MGM said on Facebook that Saltzman doesn't have permission to make her musical and Saltz replies she's making a parody:

https://www.playbill.com/article/james- ... com-352900

Since that was 2015 and we've heard nothing from Saltz in the meantime I'll wager Bond: The musical (isn't that essentially Austin Powers with singing?) is dead.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Got a turntable from my brother! Looking online to try and find all my vinyl from the teenage years! 8)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:02 am
dirtybenny wrote:
This article states EON and MGM said on Facebook that Saltzman doesn't have permission to make her musical and Saltz replies she's making a parody:

https://www.playbill.com/article/james- ... com-352900

Since that was 2015 and we've heard nothing from Saltz in the meantime I'll wager Bond: The musical (isn't that essentially Austin Powers with singing?) is dead.
I didn’t keep up with it. Stands to reason eon sued them.

Btw we watched Wonder Woman 1984, on HBO max. Not impressed with HBO max, but we did like WW84 . It also reminded me it was three almost 4 years with the delay from the original in 2017. Which we also like and have watched a few times. What got me is we really couldn’t remember Chris pines character well. Kind of a disconnect as a member in the audience. Got me thinking about how Babs expects the audience has waited breathlessly for Craig to follow up spectre. I doubt the audience can remember what’s her faces name let alone care about poor retired again bond.
Cubby was very smart to gauge the attention span of the audience. He was also smart not to tie the series down with story lines much, the audience knew James Bond was going to be there and it’d be interesting. They didn’t have to remember recurring characters

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Got a turntable from my brother! Looking online to try and find all my vinyl from the teenage years! 8)
One of our nephews is in to everything retro, has the guardian of the galaxy on vinyl to play on a record player. Walmart have/had a small selection of new records where the CD section used to be

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Omega wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:56 am
kater23 wrote:Got a turntable from my brother! Looking online to try and find all my vinyl from the teenage years! 8)
One of our nephews is in to everything retro, has the guardian of the galaxy on vinyl to play on a record player. Walmart have/had a small selection of new records where the CD section used to be

A vinyl record shop opened recently in my town. Also a supermarket sells audio tape so that must be back in fashion.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

To Godfather 3 fans, your new ending:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Wonder Woman 1984 took in $16.7 million in the USA and 6 million viewed it on HBO Max they believe. The post credits scene reveals a surprise character as well.