The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Erza millers flash was always kind of creepy. Then erza has a melt down in the last year or so. Slit of people try to rehabilitate him do the movie in the can wouldn’t be scrapped as a loss.
I think they’ve been building to flash point since the beginning but not a lot of ground work set it up for the audience, the audience were unhappy in general with the dceu, the only high lights were Aquaman ( who wasn’t really the aquaman of the comics) and wonder woman. Both of series dc just killed.
Affleck as Batman was a huge disappointment , Koval as Superman had potential, but they never actually developed it. Where is the Miller as the flash was just a huge mistake.. Michael Keaton as Batman interest some fans, but it’s not enough to carry the day.
I’m surprised at how bad it’s doing if it opens as low as 60 I saw Friday’s total I knew it wasn’t gonna be more than 80, and Fridays. Total included a bunch of charity events and pre-sales.

This is a fine example of miscasting and poor story telling killing a franchise, the audience is there, spider verse, guardians of the galaxy, Multiverse madness, did respectable numbers.

The ironic part is, dc had a jumpstart on marvel with Batman begins, the Christian Bale trilogy, set them up a universe to work with that people like what they got the wrong Director, and the wrong producers to tell the wrong stories. By the time they pulled the plug on it they had damaged the image of there characters in a way nobody had managed to do even with the bad Batman movies of the mid to late 90s.

Honestly I’m worried Babs has done the same thing to bond, her numbers were following the fame trajectory as the dc verse with the two movies after skyfall. Nttd underperformed in all but two markets, serious losses the North American market which no bond film had been as bad as this maybe even going back to the 80s.
Cubby try to always leave the Audi as one of the more with Babs people had their fill of her character by the third movie. Her “bond” wasn’t written for the audience as Fleming and her father had done, and it was created for people who don’t like fall bond by people who don’t like bond. By stop telling traditional bond stories, she opened up the market for Iron Man and others and who knows if she could still get the audience back even with a decent bond actor and story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

https://cosmicbook.news/the-flash-bombs ... box-office

Apparently $9 million of Friday’s numbers were earlier viewings and charity events

I also don’t think the comparison to black Adam is fair for the Rock, primarily because no one was really aware of who is character supposed to be and it was launched in a damaged universe, trying to keep that same dark edge the audience already rejected.

Suicide squad movies were also fun, but
Especially the second movie was hurt from the DC universe being rejected already.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Unfortunately, butthurt Snyderbros still won't accept that people just weren't that into the Snyderverse. For them, the failures of recent DC movies are proof that their king should be reinstated, to get DC movies back on what they imagine to be the right track.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Unfortunately, butthurt Snyderbros still won't accept that people just weren't that into the Snyderverse. For them, the failures of recent DC movies are proof that their king should be reinstated, to get DC movies back on what they imagine to be the right track.

Very true. I tried to like the Snyder cut , but it compounded what was already wrong with that movie and characters. Those who swear by it can’t have enjoyed what the Christopher Nolan Batman movies were.

Side note I see some of my voice to text are way off, there were correct to the point were my mic is turned off then where ever these are sent in the matrix decide what I truly meant .

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Message to all the crypto scammers with their VERY IMPORTANT BUSINESS PROPOSALs for the site admins: go away.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just saw this meme on Facebook. Not entirely accurate where Tim is concerned, but otherwise pretty spot-on. Image

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash is looking at a second Friday of $4.3M and a second weekend of only $14M, right now down a massive 75%! This could be the WORST superhero film of all time! Looks like pure rubbish to the viewers.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:42 pm Just saw this meme on Facebook. Not entirely accurate where Tim is concerned, but otherwise pretty spot-on. Image

Everyone seems to realize now that Broccoli is obsessed with Cr-egg, and her obsessive feelings for him have clouded the franchise's future.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash is looking at a second Friday of $4.3M and a second weekend of only $14M, right now down a massive 75%! This could be the WORST superhero film of all time! Looks like pure rubbish to the viewers.
I don't know how much is the film and how much is its star. I knew Ezra Miller had a reputation for bad behaviour, but I thought it was Oliver Reed/Erroll Flynn hellraiser stuff. Upon further investigation, I find that Miller allegedly kidnapped a 15-year-old girl with the intention of grooming her. I believe you can separate actors from their roles up to a point, but holy moley.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image This'creature' sounds sick and demented and if Hollywood casts him in ANY new film then SHAME on them! As it stands now, the new rules to win Best Picture Oscar MUST have TOTAL 'inclusivity' in its casting or else it cannot be nominated!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: This'creature' sounds sick and demented and if Hollywood casts him in ANY new film then SHAME on them!
I don't think that's very likely.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

What are the film standards for 2024?
“Starting in 2024, films will be required to meet new inclusion standards to be eligible for the Academy Awards for Best Picture. They'll have to have a certain percentage of actors or crew from under-represented racial or ethnic groups.”
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Warner Bros/DC’s The Flash is looking at a second Friday of $4.3M and a second weekend of only $14M, right now down a massive 75%! This could be the WORST superhero film of all time! Looks like pure rubbish to the viewers.
I don't know how much is the film and how much is its star. I knew Ezra Miller had a reputation for bad behaviour, but I thought it was Oliver Reed/Erroll Flynn hellraiser stuff. Upon further investigation, I find that Miller allegedly kidnapped a 15-year-old girl with the intention of grooming her. I believe you can separate actors from their roles up to a point, but holy moley.

Plenty if blame to go around, erza is creepy and I don’t think he was well cast as the flash. The dc universe he was part of was not good, I honestly think the audience was off the Snyderverse more than put off by erza or the upcoming reboot.
The dc brand was damaged , they should have stoped and used another flash actor , maybe from the tv series

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The FLASH-bulb burned out at a disgraceful $15 million over the weekend in the USA. It should be pulled from theaters very quickly at this rate. The studio should have a film burning party to put it out of its misery.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I didn’t read the whole article but Martin was pissed with Babs hiding Craig, he wanted his own touch on the character and with others at the studio and eon had narrowed down the contenders. The story was he felt misled by Babs to comeback, when she had already cast and decided the direction of new bond/reboot. He was supposed to get a bigger say and help set up the direction of the new series with his bond 21.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:The FLASH-bulb burned out at a disgraceful $15 million over the weekend in the USA. It should be pulled from theaters very quickly at this rate. The studio should have a film burning party to put it out of its misery.
Yeah it’s bad, insult to injury is the weeks old Spider-Man came back to the top of the Bo. Meaning the audience was there at the movies and gave the flash a pass to rewatch Spider-Man .

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

New Superman David Corenswet is spitting image of Henry Cavill as fans question why producers hired a 'carbon copy' of the actor after his shock axe. DC Comics fans have spoken out on the casting of David Corenswet as the new Superman and branded him a 'copycat 'of Henry Cavill........they are correct! Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

At least it frees Henry up to play Bond, though I'm fairly pessimistic about the chances of that happening. Not because he wouldn't be any good, but because of who gets to make that decision.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:28 am At least it frees Henry up to play Bond, though I'm fairly pessimistic about the chances of that happening. Not because he wouldn't be any good, but because of who gets to make that decision.

He also already had one iconic role which could potentially work against him. None of the actors that played Bond in the past had such huge roles behind them when they were cast.