The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Burt Reynolds, the legendary actor with the disarming smile and trademark mustache who starred in iconic films including "Smokey and the Bandit" and "The Longest Yard" has died, Fox News confirms. He was 82. The actor's agent, Todd Eisner, told us Reynolds died Thursday morning from cardiac arrest. :roll:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:I've seen two reports that Daniel Craig is signed up for non-Bond movies. One is a Rian Johnson Star Wars film, and the other is an unnamed murder mystery. Dunno how much credence to give these reports, but I thought I'd at least mention them. People have been saying that it raises the possibility of him not appearing in Bond 25, but I've had my hopes raised and then dashed too many times.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There are two other possibilities, Bond 25 is getting pushed back a year due to all the commotion behind the scenes, or these are not very big parts which will take little time to shoot. Perhaps even both.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:I've seen two reports that Daniel Craig is signed up for non-Bond movies. One is a Rian Johnson Star Wars film, and the other is an unnamed murder mystery. Dunno how much credence to give these reports, but I thought I'd at least mention them. People have been saying that it raises the possibility of him not appearing in Bond 25, but I've had my hopes raised and then dashed too many times.

I doubt Rian Johnson Star Wars trilogy will happen, only reason it’s the only SW spin off being talked about is Kennedy is trying to save face. Disney is not happy with last Jedi and want Kennedy gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Burt Reynolds, the legendary actor with the disarming smile and trademark mustache who starred in iconic films including "Smokey and the Bandit" and "The Longest Yard" has died, Fox News confirms. He was 82. The actor's agent, Todd Eisner, told us Reynolds died Thursday morning from cardiac arrest. :roll:
and he could have been bond

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: I doubt Rian Johnson Star Wars trilogy will happen, only reason it’s the only SW spin off being talked about is Kennedy is trying to save face. Disney is not happy with last Jedi and want Kennedy gone.
You mean you weren't happy with The Last Jedi. As the biggest grossing film at the box office last year and the biggest selling DVD/Blu-ray of this year so far, I'm sure Disney is more than happy.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Apparently, Boyle's Bond script written by Hodge was actually based on the draft submitted by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, last year.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: I doubt Rian Johnson Star Wars trilogy will happen, only reason it’s the only SW spin off being talked about is Kennedy is trying to save face. Disney is not happy with last Jedi and want Kennedy gone.
You mean you weren't happy with The Last Jedi. As the biggest grossing film at the box office last year and the biggest selling DVD/Blu-ray of this year so far, I'm sure Disney is more than happy.

sure I’m not happy but Disney is pissed they offered JJ Abrams complete control over the whole franchise,
they want to Fire ms Kennedy but so far have not found some they trust willing to step in the the crap show she turned Star Wars into.
Last Jedi is sales on home video at about rogue one numbers, half of force awakens.

TLJ got half the audience attendance and half the home video and none of the audience for solo. They are anything but happy.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

According to bookmakers Ladbrokes, David Mackenzie is the new favourite to direct Bond 25. Mackenzie’s works include Hell or High Water, the Jeff Bridges and Chris Pine-starring Western crime thriller, nominated four times at the Academy Awards - including for Best Picture. His odds are now 7/2, ahead of Nolan on 4/1 - making him the one to beat. Despite Mackenzie having the shortest odds, a spokesperson for Ladbrokes claimed most of the speculation is on Clarkson.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

sure I’m not happy but Disney is pissed they offered JJ Abrams complete control over the whole franchise,
they want to Fire ms Kennedy but so far have not found some they trust willing to step in the the crap show she turned Star Wars into.
Last Jedi is sales on home video at about rogue one numbers, half of force awakens.

TLJ got half the audience attendance and half the home video and none of the audience for solo. They are anything but happy.

Poster on Deadline.com: Andrew Doebler •
Suckers!!!!!! Ruin Johnson is a well know hack, and no one wants to see his movies after he completely ruined Star Wars. Solo’s failure can be directly attributed to Johnson. Episode 9’s will be a dud at the box office because Ruin Johnson complete trashed the “storyline” and attacked fans for justly calling him out. Anyone who hires this kid, must have extremely low intellegence just like Johnson
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In what sets a high bar for the biggest deal at the 2018 Toronto Film Festival, Media Rights Capital has acquired world rights to Knives Out, a contemporary murder mystery that will star Daniel Craig as a detective assigned to solve the crime, with Rian Johnson directing. :Bonk: These morons are still clueless using the crew cut rodent as it's lead in a film :!: :ROFL: Another 'guaranteed result' at the box office :!: Kamal said it best:"A bit crude( Cr-egg)--- Very unreliable (Cr-egg's box office returns)--- We prefer curare, with an effective psychedelic compound (instead of watching Cr-egg)---Guaranteed results" :!: :Happy:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:

Poster on Deadline.com: Andrew Doebler •
Suckers!!!!!! Ruin Johnson is a well know hack, and no one wants to see his movies after he completely ruined Star Wars. Solo’s failure can be directly attributed to Johnson. Episode 9’s will be a dud at the box office because Ruin Johnson complete trashed the “storyline” and attacked fans for justly calling him out. Anyone who hires this kid, must have extremely low intellegence just like Johnson
Yeah, people hated The Last Jedi so much that they went to see it in droves, and bought shedloads of DVDs, but boycotted the next film instead. Seems legit.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Sigh. I don’t know solo was victim of TLJ pissing off the fandom. Certainly has its own problems.
TLJ did lose audience by the boatload and didn’t sell the dvd Blu-ray market as TFA. There is a huge amount of in fighting at Disney and Lucasfilm because of Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy.
It is a fact Disney tried to put JJ Abrams in charge of the whole franchise and he refused it.
during the PR portion of TLJ and solo Kennedy used the heavy arm of Disney pr machine to push her narrative which had a black lash to it, some because it was complete BS that can be easily linked back to metrics the Disney studio only has access too, that and Disney corporate is playing hardball with reports going off the reservation reporting on the California theme park.

It’s suspicious that out of all the spin off series we know are put on hold only Rian Johnson’s trilogy project supposedly still has a green light, he’s the director Kennedy decided to stake her reputation on and to add to the cabal suddenly with all this in fighting at the studio Kennedy is getting a honorary Oscar from her friends.

In the background in the land of rumors the head of Disney is reportedly pissed at Kennedy and had wanted major changes to TLJ before it hit. Supposedly Jj Abrams input was ignored even though he had a producers role. Also Supposedly Kennedy wanted Rian Johnson for episode 9 as well and higher ups put a stop to it.

What we know from Rian Johnson is his trilogy project went open from ended with no limits to a hugely overseen project with Disney setting a ton of restrictions that have to fit in the SW universe as they see it.

A lot stinks here, to me all of the overly positive spin comes right from Kennedy.
Sure they made $1.3 billion and sold millions of Blu-ray and DVDs. But it was about half the audience and half the Blu-ray sales of TFA. Wonder Woman, Deadpool and rogue one sold more Blu-ray and dvd.
To top it off now Disney has a Star Wars franchise in trouble instead of where it was in 2016.

But if Craig and Johnson want to make a murder mystery both series fans will be happier.

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:I've seen two reports that Daniel Craig is signed up for non-Bond movies. One is a Rian Johnson Star Wars film, and the other is an unnamed murder mystery.
Daniel Craig should make a television detective series like Diagnosis Murder called The Craig Mysteries.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:I've seen two reports that Daniel Craig is signed up for non-Bond movies. One is a Rian Johnson Star Wars film, and the other is an unnamed murder mystery.
Daniel Craig should make a television detective series like Diagnosis Murder called The Craig Mysteries.

Yes, his first case could be solving the mystery of how he was cast as James Bond.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:

Yes, his first case could be solving the mystery of how he was cast as James Bond.
Now THAT'S a mystery worth solving.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

That's if it can be solved. Isn't it almost a paradox? He is Bond and yet he is not Bond. Maybe at the end of the show that drives him mad.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

acid wrote:
Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

That's if it can be solved. Isn't it almost a paradox? He is Bond and yet he is not Bond. Maybe at the end of the show that drives him mad.
I was going to make that point but back out at the last minute :)

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I didn't even realise that Ain't It Cool News was still around, but according to them, Guy Ritchie may be directing a Captain Britain movie: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80844

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

acid wrote:
Veronica wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:

That's a good point. :cheers:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Snagging 19 million viewers on the Comcast-owned network, the late starting Eagles winning kickoff game "fell 13% "in broadcast audience from last year’s NFL opener with the New England Patriots and the victorious Kansas City Chiefs.

That’s another year of straight double digit decline for the NFL and NBC. With last years opener holding the previous record, the 2018 battle in Philly is also the "worst any kickoff game has done since 2009."

In fast affiliates, the season opener drew a 6.6/27 among adults 18-49. A drop of 14% from the final demo numbers of the September 7, 2017 game.