The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

However, according to an interview in Bond book Some Kind of Hero: The Remarkable Story of the James Bond Films, negotiations over a fifth outing didn't go the way Brosnan wanted. He recalled being in the Bahamas working on After the Sunset when he was told that "negotiations have stopped" and that the producers weren't "quite sure what they want to do". "Barbara [Broccoli] and Michael [Wilson] were on the line – 'We're so sorry'. She was crying, Michael was stoic and he said, 'You were a great James Bond. Thank you very much' and I said, 'Thank you very much. Goodbye.' "That was it. I was utterly shocked and just kicked to the kerb with the way it went down."
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

It's sad that the Chiller convention was a bit ruined.

Also I was surprised to hear that Robert Wagner was attending as I thought he was dead. It's a bit weird when famous people are still with us when you think they have died.
mcbride007
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: The Living Daylights
Goldfinger
For Your Eyes Only

Post by mcbride007 »

Every article says that Bond 25 released in Feb 2020 is Daniel Craig's last James Bond film. When will his replacement be named?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

mcbride007 wrote:Every article says that Bond 25 released in Feb 2020 is Daniel Craig's last James Bond film. When will his replacement be named?
Probably not until pre-production for Bond 26 is well under way. I think Craig was only announced a few months before CR was released.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Cary Fukunaga starts shooting Bond 25 in March: “So, when you’re drawing from a certain style, you can play with audience expectations while still surprising them — and the nature of creativity is that limitations are often times good things, because when you’re facing the overwhelming vastness of creative potential, to have defined routes to take for a story or style are helpful in determining how far you want to veer from it. Genres come with tropes and expectations and in the post-modern era, you can deliver exactly what’s expected of the genre, or you can try to twist it in an intelligent way which subverts the genre but still stays faithful to it.”----------a long winded statement by this director that goes nowhere in explanation :!:

It seems that way BJ, until you look a little deeper. His invocation of post-modernism speaks volumes, we'll be getting more of the same non Bond clap trap that has tortured us over the last decade plus, an attempt to "turn the genre on it's ear" which was what they tried with the last film, and the one before that and the one before... However I doubt anyone expected any less.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
mcbride007 wrote:Every article says that Bond 25 released in Feb 2020 is Daniel Craig's last James Bond film. When will his replacement be named?
Probably not until pre-production for Bond 26 is well under way. I think Craig was only announced a few months before CR was released.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/oct ... m.filmnews October 14th 2005 will live in Bond folklore infamy :!: It was 13 months before CR was released.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Brosnan has 109,000 twitter followers----------Cr-egg has 7784 :!: :ROFL: Case closed :!:

I suppose everyone is tired of hearing him go on about how hard his life is. "It's soooooo tough playing the most famous and classy action adventure character of all time, Lake Como one day, Paris the next, boo hoo hoo!"
I don't think he's aware lots of men would play Bond for free. It's truly bizarre how he's getting paid millions for the role he doesn't even fit and yet he's mostly irritated about that fact.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:However, according to an interview in Bond book Some Kind of Hero: The Remarkable Story of the James Bond Films, negotiations over a fifth outing didn't go the way Brosnan wanted. He recalled being in the Bahamas working on After the Sunset when he was told that "negotiations have stopped" and that the producers weren't "quite sure what they want to do". "Barbara [Broccoli] and Michael [Wilson] were on the line – 'We're so sorry'. She was crying, Michael was stoic and he said, 'You were a great James Bond. Thank you very much' and I said, 'Thank you very much. Goodbye.' "That was it. I was utterly shocked and just kicked to the kerb with the way it went down."
he’s (brosnan) has told that story for several movies. We do know sony asked him back a month before Craig was official

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Omega on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:It's sad that the Chiller convention was a bit ruined.

Also I was surprised to hear that Robert Wagner was attending as I thought he was dead. It's a bit weird when famous people are still with us when you think they have died.
no he’s just greeting more notoriety as the murder of Natalie woods

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:

It seems that way BJ, until you look a little deeper. His invocation of post-modernism speaks volumes, we'll be getting more of the same non Bond clap trap that has tortured us over the last decade plus, an attempt to "turn the genre on it's ear" which was what they tried with the last film, and the one before that and the one before... However I doubt anyone expected any less.
What he said may seem crazy and bunch of words that actually go nowhere but he’s is directly in line with babs and Craig’s vision it’s scary.
Anyone reading it with half a brain knows it’s not a good fit for any big tent pole movie series, it didn’t work for Star Wars or DCU. And it will not work for bond. But babs probably honestly believes Craig transcends bond and her artistic talent has turned bond into a nu bond for the masses ignoring cubby’s bond is still what draws the audience in and pays the bills

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Alec Baldwin was arrested Friday after allegedly punching someone in New York City's West Village neighborhood :!: Police sources tell us Baldwin is currently in custody after getting into an argument over a parking spot. :shock: Charges against the actor are pending. :clap:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Christopher Plummer is in negotiations to join the cast of Knives Out, the all-star detective thriller from Rian Johnson, the filmmaker behind Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The cast already includes Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Lakeith Stanfield, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette and Ana de Armas.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:Christopher Plummer is in negotiations to join the cast of Knives Out, the all-star detective thriller from Rian Johnson, the filmmaker behind Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The cast already includes Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Lakeith Stanfield, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette and Ana de Armas.
Another Turkey for Craig.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Christopher Plummer is in negotiations to join the cast of Knives Out, the all-star detective thriller from Rian Johnson, the filmmaker behind Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The cast already includes Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Lakeith Stanfield, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Toni Collette and Ana de Armas.

Sounds like something akin to Clue or Murder By Death but not a comedy?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think they are trying to copy the success of murder on the orient express , I think it’ll fail

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:

Sounds like something akin to Clue or Murder By Death but not a comedy?
Oh, how I love "Clue". :D
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I hate to make predictions about a film that hasn't even been made yet, but I'm getting more of a Logan Lucky vibe from this than Murder on the Orient Express.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Just the prestigious all star cast under the banner of murder mystery/detective. Difference is the director of murder on the orient express actually has experience in the genre and source material to work from while recreating/remaking the 1960s big star Hollywood versions of the same story.

Logan lucky might not be a bad comparison for what it really is.
I never saw Logan lucky but I remember the hype about the director and how it was going to change the industry with a new production model (partnered with amazon?)
What I got from the trailers is it made fun of the redneck Bible Belt NASCAR fans and for some reason the studio thought this story would bring in those same inbreed trump voting race fans they were mocking.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I haven't seen it either. I thought it was a comedy-thriller with an all-star cast in the mould of the same director's Ocean's movies.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It (Logan lucky) was supposed to be a big hit, had good metrics from the way it was talked about. The director (I forget who he is) was a supposed to be breaking new ground, he even got Craig to show up to work. I think the deal was amazon was distributing it and had plans to make it a must see movie only available through their services. I may have some of this wrong. But it had a small budget of $29 million and a all star cast which hadn’t been important in decades. The hype was this was a recipe for future movies, Bo mojo has it at $48 million total Worldwide, so it still hasn’t made money

Steven Soderbergh was the director I forget why he’s a Hollywood darling