The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image The WALL worked in the UK :!: Europeans had better wake up and realize what the hell is going on and get aboard the Trump view of world terrorism or else keep having these tragedies happen in the future.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega wrote:
bjmdds wrote:
Omega wrote: The British people are tough and have dealt with terrorists before, during the 2000's there were terrorist attacks I knew a young woman from England her sister was in London during the attacks what the lady would have done to the terrorist for endangering her sister, well the terrorists would regret pissing off educated women not under the thumb of a patriarchal theocracy.
The police etc are well trained for terrorist attacks because of all the Provisional IRA attacks in the past.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
The police etc are well trained for terrorist attacks because of all the Provisional IRA attacks in the past.
good point, since it was not as prevalent when I was young the IRA didn't come to mind. I remember the shock at the London bombings 2005(?)

I think the British people are tough, politicians make laws so property owners don't have spikes or barbwire on property fences so intruders won't be injured. They ask a restaurant to be renamed from Fat Buddha to avoid offending buddhist.

We got the same kind of idiots here making laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Omega on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I remember the mainland bombing campaign of the '70s, and the attempt on Margaret Thatcher's life.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Judy Garland was given barbiturates and amphetamines to keep her skinny on set (gross) and keep her awake. This experience may have helped her during the filming process, but it left her an addict, which she could never shake. Filming The Wizard of Oz made Garland’s career, but it also ruined her life. She died from an overdose at age 47. According to Garland’s third husband, Sid Luft, the actress was repeatedly molested by the actors who played the munchkins. Luft revealed this information in his scandalous posthumous memoir Judy and I: My Life with Judy Garland. He claimed that they made her life “miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress.” All of the men were 40 or more years old, and Garland was just sixteen. There were many rumors about the munchkins that sort of back up this claim, saying that the actors were absolutely out of control on set. Various reports claim they were involved with prostitution and gambling while filming.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, that was random.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:I remember the mainland bombing campaign of the '70s, and the attempt on Margaret Thatcher's life.
They fired mortars at John Major too when he was in Downing Street. That was a crazy one.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Whatculture.com: James Bond 25: Have Brexit And Trump Killed 007? The POTUS is being blamed for the difficulty the next James Bond writers will have making Bond 25. Bond writer Neal Purvis - who along with Robert Wade has scribed the last six James Bond movies has spoken to The Telegraph saying that his election has created an unlikely problem for the sequels. Purvis also adds that Brexit will have similar impact: “Each time, you’ve got to say something about Bond’s place in the world, which is Britain’s place in the world … But things are moving so quickly now, that becomes tricky... I’m just not sure how you would go about writing a James Bond film now.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

How about stop trying to make them topical? Throw in the odd topical gag or reference, by all means, those have always been a part of Bond. But not every film has to be torn from today's headlines. You could do that in the days when a film only took a few months from pre-production to release, but nowadays, that sort of thing is best left to TV.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

... I’m just not sure how you would go about writing a James Bond film now.”

Purvy old boy you never did! Let me give you an idea though, now that EON have the rights to blofeld and spectre, your job is infinitely easier! You have an arch organization to battle without having to resort to political polemics or dreaming up hair brained schemes. Try this on for size, spectre attempt a world domination plot, our boy Bond gets assigned to investigate and adventure issues, a little light escapist fun! Remember that word?! I go to cinema to escape the troubles of the world not wallow in them you ditz!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

dirtybenny wrote:You have an arch organization to battle without having to resort to political polemics or dreaming up hair brained schemes. Try this on for size, spectre attempt a world domination plot, our boy Bond gets assigned to investigate and adventure issues, a little light escapist fun!
But then the film would be like the boring Brosnan Bonds, nothing but a rehash of old stuff we've seen a million times before. A world domination plot and a bald villain petting a white cat? That's more like Austin Powers today. Is this what we want?

Something new is needed after all, but something that still has the feel of previous Bond movies and Bond interpretations.
Like when Dalton debuted in 1987.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Image Whatculture.com: James Bond 25: Have Brexit And Trump Killed 007? The POTUS is being blamed for the difficulty the next James Bond writers will have making Bond 25. Bond writer Neal Purvis - who along with Robert Wade has scribed the last six James Bond movies has spoken to The Telegraph saying that his election has created an unlikely problem for the sequels. Purvis also adds that Brexit will have similar impact: “Each time, you’ve got to say something about Bond’s place in the world, which is Britain’s place in the world … But things are moving so quickly now, that becomes tricky... I’m just not sure how you would go about writing a James Bond film now.”
This has to be the most pathetic excuse for not having ideas I have ever heard.
If this kind of people continues to be involved with the franchise we won't get a new movie(hopefully,with a new actor) until 2025.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

After all QOS dealt with water issues in a southern country, so how important are world issues to Purvis and Wade really after all for a Bond film?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Image Whatculture.com: James Bond 25: Have Brexit And Trump Killed 007? The POTUS is being blamed for the difficulty the next James Bond writers will have making Bond 25. Bond writer Neal Purvis - who along with Robert Wade has scribed the last six James Bond movies has spoken to The Telegraph saying that his election has created an unlikely problem for the sequels. Purvis also adds that Brexit will have similar impact: “Each time, you’ve got to say something about Bond’s place in the world, which is Britain’s place in the world … But things are moving so quickly now, that becomes tricky... I’m just not sure how you would go about writing a James Bond film now.”
old quote from before they were officially rehired to write bond 25.

The only ripped from the headlines as a cause eon got right was Afghanistan in 1987, by 2001 were all like what the hell bond was helping UBL! In 1987 the cause the US and U.K. And NATO wanted highlighted was Russians in Afghanistan.

I guess the space race stuff in the early movies was on topic. Trying that crap to day didn't work in CR,QOS, sf,sp.
In Dad's defense they were wise to brush against 9/11 but not dwell on it. Eon were to busy coveting the success of the matrix

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Count_Lippe wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:You have an arch organization to battle without having to resort to political polemics or dreaming up hair brained schemes. Try this on for size, spectre attempt a world domination plot, our boy Bond gets assigned to investigate and adventure issues, a little light escapist fun!
But then the film would be like the boring Brosnan Bonds, nothing but a rehash of old stuff we've seen a million times before. A world domination plot and a bald villain petting a white cat? That's more like Austin Powers today. Is this what we want?

Something new is needed after all, but something that still has the feel of previous Bond movies and Bond interpretations.
Like when Dalton debuted in 1987.
Count, half the Brosnan films were written by Purvis and Wade so you make my point for me. No where do I advocate the stroking of white cats or for the benefit of anyone else reading, exploding volcanoes, double taking pigeons or invisible cars for that matter. My point is EON have SPECTRE they can avoid addressing terrorism as they are so intent on doing, in a nut shell, I just want the thinly veiled Neo-Bolshevik political parables to end. I don't want a mindless Micheal Bay masterpiece of useless noise and flickering light, but I do want to go to a Bond film and actually have fun watching it, not walk out more depressed than when I entered!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Dalton exMI6 wrote: Hi Kristatos. Wow, I was not aware that Bob was involved with Hammer. Strange that you mention Hammer, as I am renting out their films in the last few weeks.

I recently watched The Curse Of The Werewolf, The Hound Of The Baskervilles, Dracula AD 1972, Taste The Blood Of Dracula, and am watching The Devil Rides Out. Just in those films were actors who would appear in later Bond films, like Charles Gray, Desmond Llewelyn, Geoffrey Keen, Christopher Neame and Caroline Munro to name a few.
Sorry, I meant to reply to this ages ago, but never did. The only one of those movies you list that I haven't seen is Dracula AD1972. It's generally considered a low point in Hammer's history, but it sounds like good kitschy fun. Plus no film that features Caroline Munro can be all bad in my eyes.

Would it be worth starting a dedicated Hammer thread in the Movies subforum, or would it just vanish like pretty much every other thread except this one? I think Carl Stromberg is a Hammer fan, and BJ has met some of the Hammer stars at the Chiller Theater conventions he attends. I thought we already had one, but I couldn't find it.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Nice tits for Dracula.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

:Happy: :up: [video][/video]
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Looks like I've badly misread the CHiPs trailer: http://www.laweekly.com/film/chips-asks ... re-8056574
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Looks like I've badly misread the CHiPs trailer: http://www.laweekly.com/film/chips-asks ... re-8056574
I'm shocked it's a "macho showdown" didn't get that vibe at all.