The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Four years between TMWTGG and TSWLM, with the same actor, but at Moore's inception--------Six years between LTK and GE and that was with a new actor--------now, five years will be between Spectre and Shatterhand (most likely title) with Cr-egg supposedly ending his time-------predictions---- Boredom or Success? A message to Barbara too: Image
Wasn't it three years between TMWTGG and TSWLM?One came out in 1974 the other in 1977.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote: Wasn't it three years between TMWTGG and TSWLM?One came out in 1974 the other in 1977.
You are correct. And it was only 18 months between LALD and TMWTGG,
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote: Wasn't it three years between TMWTGG and TSWLM?One came out in 1974 the other in 1977.
You are correct. And it was only 18 months between LALD and TMWTGG,
No wonder when LALD was such a great success.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Four years between TMWTGG and TSWLM, with the same actor, but at Moore's inception--------Six years between LTK and GE and that was with a new actor--------now, five years will be between Spectre and Shatterhand (most likely title) with Cr-egg supposedly ending his time-------predictions---- Boredom or Success? A message to Barbara too: Image
Wasn't it three years between TMWTGG and TSWLM?One came out in 1974 the other in 1977.
Correct "V". I got the dates mixed up. It will be the longest hiatus ever between films with the same Bond actor. This is Broccoli's idea of excitement by bringing back an over-the-hill lout to extend his tenure to 15 years, from October 2005 when he was announced to 2020 :!: Nobody ever thought this insanity would perpetuate this long, which will make it at least 18 years between new Bonds at this rate, unless Broccoli wants her Cr-egg to reach the silver anniversary tenure date, all the way to 2030, when the loser would be 62 :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

PENNY MARSHALL DEAD AT 75 from diabetes.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

bjmdds wrote:PENNY MARSHALL DEAD AT 75 from diabetes.
RIP.
Bring back Bond!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

What Craig Bond films are forum members watching at Christmas? :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote:What Craig Bond films are forum members watching at Christmas? :wink:
All of them naturally. Especially QOS, so cheerful. :Xmas:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:What Craig Bond films are forum members watching at Christmas? :wink:
I'm debating whether to finally watch SPECTRE all the way through, as an endurance test.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Whishaw, who played the classic gadget genius Q in the previous Bond films Skyfall and SPECTRE, has cast doubt on whether he will be putting in an appearance for Daniel Craig's swan song as James Bond.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Whishaw stated "I’m not even sure if I’ll be in it."

"I’m assuming that I’m not going to be so it will be a nice surprise if they put me in. I think it’s right [director Cary Fukanaga] and Daniel need to just figure it out. I’ve done two; I’ve had a good run."
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
I'm debating whether to finally watch SPECTRE all the way through, as an endurance test.

My polite suggestion is you do. If you can get through that you can get through pretty much anything.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:
Kristatos wrote:

My polite suggestion is you do. If you can get through that you can get through pretty much anything.
I'm with V, while it may be torture you'll be able to give a more complete condemnation. May I humbly suggest in order to keep from gouging out your eyes out of sheer boredom and horror couple the viewing with my introspective guide located on the DiNB website!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

I for one will be watching Dan (the greatest actor to eva play Bond), in his finest performance which appears in that tour de force of a film Cowboys and Aliens!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

I'm never going to watch Spectre. I think it was the one where Craig wore a white dinner jacket and looked like something from a circus act.

Bring back Bond!
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

carl stromberg wrote:I'm never going to watch Spectre. I think it was the one where Craig wore a white dinner jacket and looked like something from a circus act.

Well, he was no Connery that's for sure.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Whishaw, who played the classic gadget genius Q in the previous Bond films Skyfall and SPECTRE, has cast doubt on whether he will be putting in an appearance for Daniel Craig's swan song as James Bond.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Whishaw stated "I’m not even sure if I’ll be in it."

"I’m assuming that I’m not going to be so it will be a nice surprise if they put me in. I think it’s right [director Cary Fukanaga] and Daniel need to just figure it out. I’ve done two; I’ve had a good run."
I saw a clickbait link with the headline "Key James Bond star doesn't think he'll be back for Bond 25", next to a picture of Daniel Craig. I didn't click the link, but how much do you want to bet that it was actually this story?

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

BREAKING: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes surgery for lung cancer.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:BREAKING: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg undergoes surgery for lung cancer.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, though I know she is one of the older members of the court.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She already had colon AND pancreatic cancer :!: It's a miracle she beat both and now this.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:She already had colon AND pancreatic cancer :!: It's a miracle she beat both and now this.
As a cancer survivor myself, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.