The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:53 pm
bjmdds wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm Been dealing with severe left leg sciatica pain 21 straight days. MRI soon to evaluate...............A report from Hollywood insider Overlord DVD has now indicated that Disney has tested six different endings to the movie and that the audiences haven’t been happy with any of them.

“Indiana Jones 5 has been a troubled production, delayed a full year after this channel leaked the horrible things Kathleen Kennedy had planned for Indiana Jones. Now, after a year’s worth of reshoots and tinkering, Disney realizes that they have a disaster on their hands as test audiences reject every single version they’ve been shown!”
OW on the sciatica pain.Been there myself.

As someone who watched the original Raiders Of The Lost Ark in the movie theater,that news is very disappointing.
How long did it last MP?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I would get flare ups that would last for several days. Weight-related, because I haven’t had a flare up since I’ve lost quite a bit of weight. Probably not the case for everyone,though.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just started listening to The Lazarus Heist, a BBC World Service podcast documentary about the Sony hack. It shows that there's a lot more to the story than "North Korea leaked the script to SPECTRE as revenge for The Interview." Recommended.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Finally, the REAL Cr-egg has shown up!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Finally, the REAL Cr-egg has shown up!
Not watching 2½ minutes of that, sorry.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"Daniel Craig gave us a Bond who was a thug in a suit": https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/james- ... fun-again/

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:23 pm "Daniel Craig gave us a Bond who was a thug in a suit": https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/james- ... fun-again/

Absolutely spot on! My favorite bit however are the comments! 90% are against Craig, but the hilarious part are the handful of hangers on who just can't let go. They are of some bizarre belief that these films are documentaries or that Bond is not some fantasy character, you see comments agreeing with Craig that Bond is a homicidal sociopath! I imagine it's because they believe the guff that Bond is some sort of "assassin" and not an agent.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:57 pm
bjmdds wrote:Finally, the REAL Cr-egg has shown up!
Not watching 2½ minutes of that, sorry.

Can't see Sean or Roger doing that.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Absolutely spot on! My favorite bit however are the comments! 90% are against Craig, but the hilarious part are the handful of hangers on who just can't let go.
Well, clearly those 90% have never read the books. If they had, they would know that Flemming intended Bond to be Ed Gein in a tuxedo.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

As part of an exclusive feature, Empire has revealed that the new INDY film will be set in 1969, with an aging Indy unable to rest easily knowing that the space-race battle was aided by a number of ex-Nazis. “The simple fact is that the moon-landing program was run by a bunch of ex-Nazis," said Jez Butterworth, co-writer of the script. “How ‘ex’ they are is the question. And it gets up Indy’s nose. It’s not just that the model of what a hero is has completely changed. It’s not just that they’re looking for something where there’s nothing up there – it’s like Reno without the gambling, or whatever his line is. But the people that are behind it are, you know, his sworn enemies.”
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:34 pm As part of an exclusive feature, Empire has revealed that the new INDY film will be set in 1969, with an aging Indy unable to rest easily knowing that the space-race battle was aided by a number of ex-Nazis. “The simple fact is that the moon-landing program was run by a bunch of ex-Nazis," said Jez Butterworth, co-writer of the script. “How ‘ex’ they are is the question. And it gets up Indy’s nose. It’s not just that the model of what a hero is has completely changed. It’s not just that they’re looking for something where there’s nothing up there – it’s like Reno without the gambling, or whatever his line is. But the people that are behind it are, you know, his sworn enemies.”
What... The Actual... F#@K?! Seriously what does any of this jumble mean? Reno without the gambling? I hope Indy is hiding in the fridge again when this atomic bomb drops!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:38 pm What... The Actual... F#@K?! Seriously what does any of this jumble mean? Reno without the gambling? I hope Indy is hiding in the fridge again when this atomic bomb drops!
I sort of get what he's trying to say, but you'd expect a professional writer to articulate himself better in an interview for a major magazine.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Eh,I LOVED the first Raiders movie…but imma take a hard pass.Even with my man Mads Mikkelsen being in it.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Harrison Ford is back in adventure mode in the first images from “Indiana Jones 5,” which debuted exclusively via Empire magazine. Along with some photos comes confirmation that Ford will be de-aged using visual effects so that Indiana Jones appears in the film as his age from the original trilogy. The de-aging technology is only used in the film’s opening scene, which is set in a castle in 1944 and pits Indiana against a group of Nazis.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

They have their work cut out for them :mrgreen:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Empire has new details about Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s character, Indiana Jones’ goddaughter Helena, in the upcoming sequel. In the attached article, director James Mangold describes the character as both “slippery” and “charming,” likening her to “the girl next door” if she were also “a grifter.” In the words of Harrison Ford, Helena is “a pioneer in ethical accounting.”
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:27 pm Empire has new details about Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s character, Indiana Jones’ goddaughter Helena, in the upcoming sequel. In the attached article, director James Mangold describes the character as both “slippery” and “charming,” likening her to “the girl next door” if she were also “a grifter.” In the words of Harrison Ford, Helena is “a pioneer in ethical accounting.”
To me the Indy films ended at 3 and I have no interest at all in this one. The Indy character is meant to be a product of the 1930's, obviously Ford's age prevents this, but watching Indy gad about in the psychedelic 60's running down the "boys from Brazil" within the space program does not peak my curiosity one iota. The fact he's doing this while dragging around Phoebe Baller-Widge makes me pine for Shia LeBeouf's "Mutt" in his Marlon Brando "Wild One" cosplay from the fourth film!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image They wasted an entire year and this is what they do for the 60th anniversary? ------The event, hosted by watch brand Omega, marks 60 years since the release of the debut James Bond film Dr. No in 1962, with Sean Connery the first actor stepping into the role of the super spy https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... party.html
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Dear God what is that thing?! Looking at that photo makes me think of some comments I read recently regarding the reboot rumors of the Steve McQueen classic Bullitt starring Bradly Cooper. More than one deluded individual, no dauntedly living under a rock these past 15 years said they should have cast Craig. Hey 2006 called they want their opinion back! Craig's resemblance to McQueen was tenuous at best now that he's a waxen pensioner that opinion is even more ridiculous!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

When I made that crack about "Ed Gein in a tuxedo", I wasn't expecting him to actually wear the skin-suit!