The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Image The famous Flint watch.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tim Allen could be headed back to network TV, and, if that happens, he might have "Roseanne" to thank. Tim's "Last Man Standing" was canceled last year, much to the dismay of its fans. Many wondered aloud if the cancelation was due to Tim's well-documented real life conservative views, and his conservative character on the show. Based on the massive ratings that "Roseanne" got on its debut, totaling 18.2 million viewers, clearly there is a huge group of people ready to embrace a conservative comedy show. Roseanne's character is proud supporter of Donald Trump and conservative values, just as she is in real life.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Bond 25 set for ‘amazing TWIST’ from director Danny Boyle claims 007 star. JAMES BOND 25 director Danny Boyle will bring “an amazing twist” for Daniel Craig’s final 007 movie, reckons Moneypenny star Naomie Harris.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Image Image
Pretty much what every Craig fan sees when looking at the anointed one! No face just pecks!

bjmdds wrote:James Bond 25 set for ‘amazing TWIST’ from director Danny Boyle claims 007 star. JAMES BOND 25 director Danny Boyle will bring “an amazing twist” for Daniel Craig’s final 007 movie, reckons Moneypenny star Naomie Harris.
An even bigger twist than BROfeld?! What could it be?! Ernst is actually his biological brother?! Dr. No is his cousin?! Goldfinger his uncle?! Let's stop "twist"ing Bond into pretzels and get on with making a decent action/adventure thriller!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote: An even bigger twist than BROfeld?! What could it be?! Ernst is actually his biological brother?! Dr. No is his cousin?! Goldfinger his uncle?! Let's stop "twist"ing Bond into pretzels and get on with making a decent action/adventure thriller!
Maybe at the end Bond will turn out to be a former junkie who lost his mind and is actually inside a mental institution where all his "missions" are paranoid delusions.* Because that idea's never been used anywhere before but it's totally Flemming's Bond and the. Best. Bond. Eva. :wink:

Darn, we've gotta stop giving them ideas!

*Oh and if that's not enough, his gender, race and age** could all turn out to be different to what was shown up to that point as well. It was all part of the delusions. Pure classic Bond, amirite?

**I was going to write "sexual orientation" as well, but they've already made Craig's Bond's sexuality so ambiguous that it would be difficult for them to redefine it in any meaningful way. Well, let's not go there!
Last edited by acid on Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:JAMES BOND 25 director Danny Boyle will bring “an amazing twist” for [highlight=#ffff00]Daniel Craig’s final 007 movie[/highlight], reckons Moneypenny star Naomie Harris.
Huh, so is Harris calling it his "final" movie now? Did this come from EON? We can only hope! Maybe they're just trying to manage expectations and will still try to drag him back again with the big bucks.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:
bjmdds wrote:JAMES BOND 25 director Danny Boyle will bring “an amazing twist” for [highlight=#ffff00]Daniel Craig’s final 007 movie[/highlight], reckons Moneypenny star Naomie Harris.
Huh, so is Harris calling it his "final" movie now? Did this come from EON? We can only hope! Maybe they're just trying to manage expectations and will still try to drag him back again with the big bucks.
That's the twist Acid old boy! At film's end Craig will announce his perpetual return to Bond, signing on for life making nothing but weak, pseudo action films full of pop psych B.S. and strange family issues for the next 40 years, until finally his last film "The Spy Whose Fallen and Can't Get Up" premieres in 2068!
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote:That's the twist Acid old boy! At film's end Craig will announce his perpetual return to Bond, signing on for life making nothing but weak, pseudo action films full of pop psych B.S. and strange family issues for the next 40 years, until finally his last film "The Spy Whose Fallen and Can't Get Up" premieres in 2068!
Yuck, so sort of the Bond version of Highlander meets Groundhog Day (with repeating day penned by P+W) except perhaps with the accelerated aging seen in the Star Trek episode the Deadly Years, so here's Craig's Bond in 2068:

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Yes, pretty much what we've been experiencing for the last decade!
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Happy Easter!
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:Image

Happy Easter!
You too. Being Greek Orthodox, my Easter isn't for another week, so I get to take advantage of the discounted Easter eggs.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Good Friday and happy Easter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Good Friday and happy Easter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, and a happy Passover too!
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

About Craig's body, I don't even find that attractive, it's obvious that he was taking steroids to get muscles like that in such a short time. couple that with him being completely hairless(I don't even see any body hair on his legs) and you get that "trying too hard in the gym" type that I don't like.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

BREAKING NEWS :!: AP:EON Productions has made a monumental decision to axe Daniel Craig as James Bond and will announce that Aidan Turner will be the 7th Bond :!: https://media0.giphy.com/media/3osxYtSu ... /200w.webp
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Aha you beat me to it BJ! :wink: I just came here to report that a spokesperson close to EON said that following some disappointing reviews of Spectre, Sir Sean Connery has been enticed back to the iconic role one last time. :clap: I wonder if Sean's bit will be a flashback or flashforward of Bond's life alongside Aiden's portrayal of the present day. :wink:
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:

You too. Being Greek Orthodox, my Easter isn't for another week, so I get to take advantage of the discounted Easter eggs.
Does this mean you will watch the On the Buses and othe 70s comedy films next weekend? :wink:

Good news about Aiden Turner as Bond. :wink:
Bring back Bond!
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Happy Easter, Passover and April fools! Great news about Sean getting one more crack at the whip! ;) Exciting that Pierce and Timothy will be brought on as producers, maybe they will take up the cameo appearances MGW used to be famous for. :wink:

Finally watched the new Poirot movie, I enjoy Kenneth Branagh's performance in many other shows and movies however in Murder On the Orient Express he is a miserable excuse for Hercule Poirot. He misses so much of what make Hercule, Hercule. Set and quality of the performances are good, I suppose it is not a bad introduction to the world of Agatha Christie for people unfamiliar with her work. However to me Kenneth's performance completely ignores the unique character of Hercule, the neat freak OCD germaphobe who was Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot. I am glad Murder on the Orient Express did well enough to merit a sequel, it was much better than most of the new movies I have seen.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Snow here again in NYC due in the morning. :hair: Expected amounts 3"-4". :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Steven Bochco, a producer whose boundary-pushing series such as “Hill Street Blues” and “NYPD Blue” helped define the modern TV drama, has died, according to TMZ. He was 74. Bochco had been battling a rare form of leukemia for several years. He had a transplant in late 2014 that was credited with prolonging his life. Details of his death were unclear Sunday.