The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

I also asked Caroline Munro if she thinks Aidan Turner would be a great replacement for Cr-egg as Bond. Her expression suggested puzzlement, so I am not sure she even knows who he is, and she said she is not sure.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:There is no reason for a celebrity to diss Craig. It's going against the accepted narrative and will get them nothing but crap.
It's fine for individual thinkers like us to take on the juggernaut but I'd imagine being associated with bond gets them a lot of unwanted questions to justify whatever eon has done when it's nothing to do with the actor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, I think it's a slightly unfair question in a way, as it puts the celebrity in a rather awkward position. I'm jealous, though, I've long been a fan of Ms Munro, as you're probably aware.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:There is no reason for a celebrity to diss Craig. It's going against the accepted narrative and will get them nothing but crap.
It's fine for individual thinkers like us to take on the juggernaut but I'd imagine being associated with bond gets them a lot of unwanted questions to justify whatever eon has done when it's nothing to do with the actor

Yes, I think it's a slightly unfair question in a way, as it puts the celebrity in a rather awkward position. I'm jealous, though, I've long been a fan of Ms Munro, as you're probably aware.
IMO celebrities who voice an opinion of say not liking Craig risk getting flash mobbed or called out by eon, as the original MP who didn't like Craig to later change her mind I assume after friends of friends of friends of eon called her to enlighten her.
In this case I think she was trying to be polite, 8 out of 10 time the fans probably wants to hear about how great Craig is, last news she probably was the false Sony story months ago. She probably doesn't know Craig said he rather slash his wrists and would only make another for the money or about the casting rumors since 2015.

If the meme were Craig sucks old Bond is better celebrities would embrace that instead, we lost the popularity contest and didn't have billions to spend promoting our POV. Reporters, papers, internet and tv news are ready suck up to filmmakers in hope of getting something from them.

Places like this go against the flow of popular culture as controlled by the studios and media outlets, who don't want negative voices about their products(movies, music, other entertainment ) to take root because of the money involved, they also don't want to take time to make what people actually want they'd rather spend billions to try to influence the outcome.

............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:

The next time she appears at Chiller Theatre in New Jersey book a trip and you can stay at the same hotel and see her daily for 3 days straight over the weekend convention :!: :idea:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bill O'Reilly is coming back.

The former Fox News host is set to appear Monday with a new episode of his "No Spin News" podcast. The news was revealed in an update to O'Reilly's personal website Saturday night.

The podcast, available to premium subscribers of O'Reilly's website, would be the former cable news host's first time speaking publicly since his ouster at Fox News Wednesday following an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

There was somebody else who lost their show on fox who took to a podcast afterwards to talk to their audience

I think O'Reillys dismissal is a part of a bigger power play inside the network, they guy who made Fox News was sabotaged by similar allegations, stuff that was supposed to be in house at fox was made public.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli commissioned Frankie Avalon to tell the world "how many more" Cr-egg Bond films she is planning: [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:There was somebody else who lost their show on fox who took to a podcast afterwards to talk to their audience

I think O'Reillys dismissal is a part of a bigger power play inside the network, they guy who made Fox News was sabotaged by similar allegations, stuff that was supposed to be in house at fox was made public.

Glen Beck went internet.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

https://www.creationent.com/cal/convoy_nj.html This looks like another good convention at the same hotel as Chiller Theatre :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

what...what...whaaaattt!!!
Craig might of finally pissed off babs!?

Be a fun game to guess

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image Munro and Martine Beswick at Chiller Theatre Saturday.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote:[video][/video]
Is that your YouTube channel? 8)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't pay too much attention to anonymous "insider sources", but I assume 1 is Craig, 2 is obviously Tom Hiddleston, 5 is probably Idris Elba and 6 I think is Aidan Turner. Not sure about the others.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:
bjmdds wrote:[video][/video]
Is that your YouTube channel? 8)
No MP. I am not on youtube but I found someone else who posted that video.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

During the interview that corresponded with his April cover of Men's Fitness, the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 star said that he rarely sees his own upbringing represented in movies.

"I don't see personal stories that necessarily resonate with me, because they're not my stories," Pratt, 37, told the magazine. "I think there's room for me to tell mine, and probably an audience that would be hungry for them. The voice of the average, blue-collar American isn't necessarily represented in Hollywood."

After facing some backlash on the comment, Pratt took to Twitter on Friday to apologize.

"That was actually a pretty stupid thing to say. I'll own that," he wrote. "There's a ton of movies about blue collar America."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Erin Moran, the former Happy Days child star who was found dead at her Indiana home over the weekend, likely died of cancer, according to the Harrison County Sheriff's Office and the county coroner.

A statement released by authorities Monday said that an autopsy found that Moran "likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer."
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »