The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Image FBF, look :!:
Him and Turner, the dreamteam. But Babs needs to go. Otherwise, leave the Bond role to freaks & weirdos.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

He pretty much debunked IMDb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Omega wrote:He pretty much debunked IMDb

I think Chris is better off doing his own spy film. EON is just a bunch of venomous snakes that can't be trusted.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

FBI director was fired. I don't get what was up with that guy. He was supposed to be s law and order honest cop sort of guy but he got caught up in politics so many times and then he and other agency heads (CIA NSA dia, ) were caught in lies to congress and other investigators

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Judge Dredd to become TV show: http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

This news came direct from 2000AD's official email list, so I know it's legit.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Judge Dredd to become TV show: http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

This news came direct from 2000AD's official email list, so I know it's legit.
Nice. I enjoyed the last movie and wanted more. Syfy channel may not be the best place for it they like to kill shows too early, USA network is owned by the same people I think and they cut a deal for cheap work then cancel the show before the next season when the salaries go up.

Syfy had shows I like that were canceled before the plot lines can be finished, stargate Atlantis for example.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Barbara Broccoli's next muse for Bond: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Barbara Broccoli told other filmmakers attending a dinner in LA that she is “not sure” when the next Bond film will start shooting. :shock: A report in Page Six says that on Tuesday she attended a dinner at Chateau Marmont, describing Broccoli as “the blockbuster franchise’s prolific producer”. Page Six also reports unnamed “pals” saying Broccoli is not waiting for Daniel Craig to “get off his arse” before starting Bond 25. :shock: A new report from Page Six claims that bosses are growing tired with waiting for him to commit to another spy caper. She’s busy producing two other films and a play, including the London hit “The Kid Stays in the Picture,” which is expected to head to Broadway next. Those two films are Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool and Nancy which are currently in post-production. The films are due for release, respectively, later this year and next.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

But, but, but, they said she had wooed chubby Craig back!?!??!??

Does nobody making these leaks actually know anything? I'm beginning to think gossip is unreliable.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Barbara Broccoli told other filmmakers attending a dinner in LA that she is “not sure” when the next Bond film will start shooting. :shock: A report in Page Six says that on Tuesday she attended a dinner at Chateau Marmont, describing Broccoli as “the blockbuster franchise’s prolific producer”. Page Six also reports unnamed “pals” saying Broccoli is not waiting for Daniel Craig to “get off his arse” before starting Bond 25. :shock: A new report from Page Six claims that bosses are growing tired with waiting for him to commit to another spy caper. She’s busy producing two other films and a play, including the London hit “The Kid Stays in the Picture,” which is expected to head to Broadway next. Those two films are Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool and Nancy which are currently in post-production. The films are due for release, respectively, later this year and next.
Do you have a link for this story? There are a couple of places I'd like to share it :twisted:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow's King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is a flop of epic proportions. The movie opened to an estimated $5.3 million Friday from 3,702 locations for a projected $14.2 million weekend after costing $175 million to make before a major marketing spend.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Even I'm not enthused, and I like Arthurian stuff. It doesn't seem to add anything new to the mix. John Boorman's Excalibur remains the best Arthur movie. I wanted to like the "historically accurate" one with Clive Owen, but the fact that they got so much of the history wrong bugged me more than things like the BBC's Merlin, that don't pretend to be anything other than pure fantasy.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The trailer was confusing as hell. Not surprised it bombed hard, last author movie I can remember bombed too, although the director claims the directors cut is a better movie. I think it was the Clive Owen movie.

Guardians of the galaxy 2 was good, never expected david hasselhoff to get a cameo. Or a killing spree set to the song come a little bit closer.

Of the new trailers Wonder Woman looked good. Star Wars of course. Kinsman 2 look great

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The other trailer I thought was interesting was Thor 3

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:The trailer was confusing as hell. Not surprised it bombed hard, last Arthur movie I can remember bombed too, although the director claims the directors cut is a better movie. I think it was the Clive Owen movie.
The director's cut just had a few cuts restored, as it had been cut for a PG13. It made the battle scenes slightly less confusing, but that's it.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:The trailer was confusing as hell. Not surprised it bombed hard, last Arthur movie I can remember bombed too, although the director claims the directors cut is a better movie. I think it was the Clive Owen movie.
The director's cut just had a few cuts restored, as it had been cut for a PG13. It made the battle scenes slightly less confusing, but that's it.
Did you ever watch last legion? It looked like it would have a end of Roman Empire Arthurian story.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Did you ever watch last legion? It looked like it would have a end of Roman Empire Arthurian story.
Haven't seen that one.

Den of Geek ran a short piece on this film's epic failure at the box office. Warner Bros have said that unless it does remarkable business in the territories where it has yet to open, they have nixed the idea of extending it into a 6-film franchise, and are going to concentrate exclusively on DC, Lego and Potterverse movies. DoG rightly pointed out that every big-budget flop like this makes the studios a little more risk-averse, and narrows the public's cinemagoing choices a little bit more.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Nobody asked them to spend $300 million on a weird wanna be LotR king author legend. Needs a minimum of $525 million to break even and that if the advertising budget was average, not sure it is since it seems like there was advertising everywhere

Guy Ritchie never had a movie gross more than $600 million, his best performers were the Sherlock Holmes movies which it doesn't look like WB spent more than $100 to make plus p&A

Disney canceled the third tron movie after the Lone Ranger the Jonny Depp vanity project crash and burned. Honestly not only was the story bad I found tonto extremely offensive, even the properly racist 1930s movies had a more positive portrayal of Indians.

Lone Ranger was a bad western in a era where westerns are low budget, I guess character pics. By that I mean driven by kind of art house ideals of following the characters, sephram falls, Django, true grit, and not the john Wayne Roy Rodgers action adventures.

I like the tron movies I think even if they never were bo blockbusters they are cult movies people keep coming back to a lot of money to be made over the years but it's not to be since Disney took a bath on the Lone Ranger

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:Nobody asked them to spend $300 million on a weird wanna be LotR king author legend. Needs a minimum of $525 million to break even and that if the advertising budget was average, not sure it is since it seems like there was advertising everywhere

Guy Ritchie never had a movie gross more than $600 million, his best performers were the Sherlock Holmes movies which it doesn't look like WB spent more than $100 to make plus p&A

Disney canceled the third tron movie after the Lone Ranger the Jonny Depp vanity project crash and burned. Honestly not only was the story bad I found tonto extremely offensive, even the properly racist 1930s movies had a more positive portrayal of Indians.

Lone Ranger was a bad western in a era where westerns are low budget, I guess character pics. By that I mean driven by kind of art house ideals of following the characters, sephram falls, Django, true grit, and not the john Wayne Roy Rodgers action adventures.

I like the tron movies I think even if they never were bo blockbusters they are cult movies people keep coming back to a lot of money to be made over the years but it's not to be since Disney took a bath on the Lone Ranger

The biggest problem with the Lone Ranger film (other than as you pointed out Depp's tasteless portrayal) is the producers, like EON, completely lost the plot on who the character is. The Lone Ranger is an accomplished frontiers man, a hardened law man, and most importantly the embodiment of truth, justice, and the american way. He's a cross between Batman's vow not to kill and Superman's "goody two shoes" persona. This film depicts him as a tenderfoot attorney who can't be trusted to stay behind with his brother's wife, lest he steal her away, which is why he was brought along on the ill fated posse. Rather than the actual story that the ranger was an actual Texas Ranger who served in his brother's command, the destruction of which steeled his resolve to bring justice to the west, not some convoluted indictment on "big rail road".
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image