The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Also, I think it's a bit misleading to compare overnights to a ceremony from 10 years ago. Viewing habits have changed a lot over the last decade.
I agree but they can count the online viewers even more accurately than traditional TV viewership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, but it takes a bit longer. That's why they release +7 and +28 figures.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

My wife and I watched The Walking Dead but during commercials we took a peek at the Oscars. This telecast was obviously a disaster in the making. Those nominated movies weren't really anything to root for. I did like Dunkirk but had the feeling it wouldn't win. I read somewhere that seven of the nine nominated movies averaged something like $47 million at the box office. That translates to about 5 million people who saw these films. Then, of course, you got Jimmy Kimmel, a far-left loon, and whoever pushed to bring him back is probably fired by now. With him on board, they actually encouraged 50% of the country to skip the show.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:Last night’s ceremony drew a 18.9 Live+Same Day rating in the metered market households. That was off 16% from last year’s 22.4 rating, which was a nine-year low. The 18.9 appears to be an "all-time low for the Oscars", :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: below the previous low ratings point, logged with the 2008 telecast (21.9), hosted by Jon Stewart, when No Country For Old Men won Best Picture.-----------It has been said here, on this magnificent forum for years, that the more Hollywood pushes their PC agendas, the more it will suffer, as it was proven out by the historically low ratings last night :!: :clap: Nobody cares what these spoiled, highly uneducated losers think about, and these anti-male, anti-white, liberal agendas are losing steam by the day as society is now tuning out the BS being spewed daily by the media against the silent majority of this country. The worm has now turned, as we go Back To The Future :!: ---------the overall reviews of the show overwhelmingly found Kimmel and the Oscars boring too. :ROFL:
As I've been saying over at the box office thread, this Hollywood political crapola hinders the box office, and here we've seen it again work against them. It's not the sole reason and people do have alternative forms of entertainment these days, but it obviously adds fuel to the fire. For the Academy, in their whacked-out thinking, they must have sincerely believed there's nothing like a big audience draw than having Kimmel, a looney liberal with the reputation of blabbing lectures to the rest of the country about the wonders of socialized medicine and the great need to give up our guns. Yeah, dude, have the government disarm the public. Totalitarianism here we come! (What a moron.)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Also, I think it's a bit misleading to compare overnights to a ceremony from 10 years ago. Viewing habits have changed a lot over the last decade.
I agree but they can count the online viewers even more accurately than traditional TV viewership.

Yes, but it takes a bit longer. That's why they release +7 and +28 figures.
well the online streaming they know instantly, dvr takes some time. Direct TV and other satellite providers they know instantly who watched live, there’s a feature where it shows what’s popular on direct tv right now and you can look by region. I think there was a disclaimer when we signed up that data would be collected. I think TiVo does the same now. I’d guess cable providers might do this too.
I think the over nights are pretty accurate including online. The night of the super bowl they knew how many streamed it how they streamed it and where in the world they live.
Streaming after the fact and dvr I think take longer. The channel apps for Xbox, PlayStation, Roku and dvr you can catch up on shows or find new shows on demand. There may be more traditional methods that take longer to gather data from .

............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I’ve read a few stories where the narrative is the oscars where not politically charged and couldn’t fathom why people didn’t tune in. I don’t know where they get this idea, maybe less political than a usually awards show or communist party rally? Hollywood used prime time to attack their political enemies, but qualify it by saying they didn’t do it much, only if you live in that one social bubble do you believe it was nothing. I don’t know why Stars believe virtue signaling to each other sways anyone else, they pulled out all the stops to keep trump out of the White House and nobody was swayed by their celebrity opinions.

I do think Jimmy Kimmel who is a one man war on women was a bad choice. Literally days of video of his act could be put together showing him behaving inappropriately to women.

Besides He’s not very funny before he got political and now he thinks he’s a political power regurgitating talking points feed to him.

Beyond politics IMHO the awards shows have lost meaning to younger generations., I think this is where the discussion will end up.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Jimmy Kimmel will never host the Oscars again :!: He now has the wonderful distinction of being the host of the lowest rated Academy Awards in history and it could not happen to a more deserving loser :!:
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Jimmy Kimmel will never host the Oscars again :!: He now has the wonderful distinction of being the host of the lowest rated Academy Awards in history and it could no happen to a more deserving loser :!:
I predict that next year's Oscar host will be a woman and/or POC. Oprah? (Edited to add: I was half-joking, but looking back at those viewing figures you posted, the two highest-rated Oscar ceremonies this century were both hosted by women, Whoopi Goldberg in 2002 and Ellen DeGeneres in 2014, so they could do worse).
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Darkest Hour is probably entertaining, but Churchill at the start of the war has been done many times before.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Darkest Hour is probably entertaining, but Churchill at the start of the war has been done many times before.
I think I said the same thing upthread. Not convinced the world needs yet another Churchill biopic.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Darkest Hour is probably entertaining, but Churchill at the start of the war has been done many times before.
I think I said the same thing upthread. Not convinced the world needs yet another Churchill biopic.
it’s the low hanging fruit of the bio-pic world. Last war where it is easy to define the good guys vs bad guys and make a big deal about the leaders.
Churchill was the leader his nation needed to survive a war they were not ready for, like a chubby Batman Image

In a way it is harder to make a film like Dunkirk because after saving private Ryan the audience expects historical accuracy and to leave the movie felling shellshock.

Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -film.html

James Bond star Daniel Craig is pulling out all the stops to ensure that Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle can complete a Richard Curtis Beatles movie musical in time to take charge of the new Bond film by the end of the year.

Craig attended a meeting with James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson and Boyle and his Trainspotting writing partner John Hodge, where the film-makers pitched their vision for Bond 25.

‘They took the idea to Barbara, never believing for a minute she would go for it. But she’s excited by the concept — and so is her producing partner Michael,’ a closely connected source told me in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z59DNxbTfE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Napoleon Solo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -film.html
Craig attended a meeting with James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson and Boyle and his Trainspotting writing partner John Hodge, where the film-makers pitched their vision for Bond 25.
I chose not to choose Martini. I chose Heineken. And the reasons? There are no reasons.

*TUBAPBS drops beer glass off balcony*
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -film.html

James Bond star Daniel Craig is pulling out all the stops to ensure that Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle can complete a Richard Curtis Beatles movie musical in time to take charge of the new Bond film by the end of the year.

‘They took the idea to Barbara, never believing for a minute she would go for it. But she’s excited by the concept — and so is her producing partner Michael,’ a closely connected source told me in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z59DNxbTfE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
So clay face is trying to sell a movie plot the people who are writing it thought should never be agreed to?

My guys is it’ll be a Logan clone with Craig dying at the end, maybe melting like the wicked witch.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

UK readers can watch The November Man on the Sony Movie Channel at 11pm on Wednesday.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Subscribers to MGM HD can view marathons of the first 5 Connery Bond movie

Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:Jimmy Kimmel will never host the Oscars again :!: He now has the wonderful distinction of being the host of the lowest rated Academy Awards in history and it could not happen to a more deserving loser :!:
Kimmel's monologue was full of self-importance and sheer loathing for the masses. He said something along the lines that the world is watching them (the Hollywood elites) and they need to set an example, so if they can work together to stop sexual harassment in the workplace, then women will only experience harassment at every other place they go.

What?! He's really saying that everybody else is just as bad as the Hollywood elites used to be, but they (the elites) have cleaned up their act but the rest of the world haven't. For the Hollywood elites, their moral superiority is permanent, so Kimmel had to lecture the world that they're still better than the rest of us.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

bjmdds wrote:People are fed up with Hollywood..........a mute falling in love with The Creature From The Black Lagoon wins best picture? :shock: Who spends money to see this? [video][/video]
I was feeling restless the other afternoon so I went to see it (a big mistake). But at the Oscars telecast, the Hollywood progressives rejoiced in the following:
Spoiler
- It's set in 1962, and one of the heroes is an actual Soviet spy. So the film suggests sympathy for Soviet communism. In fact, the Soviet spy is very benevolent, and it's his really mean bosses who won’t help him save the creature from the US government.
- It's Israel that makes dangerous covert weapons, not the Soviets.
- The real villain is a stereotypical WASP. He lives in the splendor of “white” suburbia where he abuses his wife and practices some kind of evil Christianity.
- The indigenous people who worshipped the sea creature fought to keep the evil big oil company out of the jungle.
- The mute woman's neighbor is a gay artist who helps her free the creature. I guess there's some kind of social justice theme running in there. And let's not forget that the creature and the mute woman represent all the lonely and oppressed who finally rise against their oppressors.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

James Woods
‏@RealJamesWoods
California is rotting from the inside out. Maybe better to let the degradation accelerate and come to closure. The streets are littered with needles and human waste and criminals run rampant. It’s all an unfixable cancer as long as #Democrats hold sway.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:The name's Bondius, agent 00VII: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... have-used/
cool