The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote:Wasn’t Loki killed off in infinity war?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Spoiler
Supposedly they all come back to life in part 2
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Interestingly, they give the reason as the announcement that Hiddleston is to star in a Loki TV series. Wouldn't that make it *less* likely that he would take on a major role like Bond?

I would agree, not only will he have less time for Bond, but wouldn't moving to television cheapen his stock a bit? I know it's less of a stigma today but it's still somewhat of a step down. Also remember Cubby had to cancel Brosnan's first hiring in '86 due to Remington Steel getting picked up again. Of course nobody would confuse Babz with Cubby but it still wouldn't make sense.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Interestingly, they give the reason as the announcement that Hiddleston is to star in a Loki TV series. Wouldn't that make it *less* likely that he would take on a major role like Bond?

I would agree, not only will he have less time for Bond, but wouldn't moving to television cheapen his stock a bit? I know it's less of a stigma today but it's still somewhat of a step down. Also remember Cubby had to cancel Brosnan's first hiring in '86 due to Remington Steel getting picked up again. Of course nobody would confuse Babz with Cubby but it still wouldn't make sense.
I dunno, title role in a TV series probably trumps supporting role in a blockbuster movie.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

TOMATOMETER: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD

57%
Average Rating: 6.3/10
Reviews Counted: 42
Fresh: 24
Rotten: 18
Critics Consensus: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald has glimmers of the magic familiar to Harry Potter fans, but the story's spell isn't as strong as earlier installments---the trailer looks good to me. I will see it next week. It looks like the public will enjoy it more than the so-called critics do. Will FBF return here with his thoughts on another Potter-esque film? Will FBF see it 5 or 11 times? Oh where oh where can he be :?:
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Hum, not sure if those reviews mean anything yet.

............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Release Date: "December 11, 2017"
VALLEJO, Calif., December 11, 2017—The USDA Forest Service today announced that an additional 27 million trees, mostly conifers, died throughout California since November 2016, bringing the total number of trees that have died due to drought and bark beetles to an historic "129 million" on 8.9 million acres. These dead trees continue to pose a hazard to people and critical infrastructure, mostly centered in the central and southern Sierra Nevada region of the state..........they knew this last year :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just watched the most recent Have I Got News For You, and they did a joke about the Daniel Craig pub story. Host David Tennant said that in the next film, Goldfinger isn't the villain, it's a sign of liver failure.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:I just watched the most recent Have I Got News For You, and they did a joke about the Daniel Craig pub story. Host David Tennant said that in the next film, Goldfinger isn't the villain, it's a sign of liver failure.

Lol, maybe they should make the next villain a random fan who recognizes him in a pub!

"Do you expect me to talk Pubfinger?"

"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to sign this autograph!"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

On this day 10 years ago Quantum of Solace was released in the US.
Bring back Bond!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

carl stromberg wrote:On this day 10 years ago Quantum of Solace was released in the US.
I saw that today is also the anniversary of CR's release, but I'm not sure if that's UK or US, or both.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We will see what the newest Potter-esque film does starting tomorrow......Variety: “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” is expected to earn $65 million from over 3,300 domestic locations, though industry estimates show that number could end the weekend closer to $75 million. They are looking at a global $250 million opening as well. TOMATOMETER:
53%
Average Rating: 5.8/10
Reviews Counted: 83
Fresh: 44
Rotten: 39
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I thought the first movie got some hate, just cause it wasn’t potter enough for the critics. I actually liked it better than Potter so I am hopeful this is a continuation of the first movie

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I thought the first movie got some hate, just cause it wasn’t potter enough for the critics. I actually liked it better than Potter so I am hopeful this is a continuation of the first movie
The reviews have been a bit lacklustre so far. Not bad exactly, but they say it very much feels like part 2 of 5, rather than a satisfying story in its own right. A couple of the Potter films (not novels) were a bit like that, specifically GOF and HBP.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Of Potter films HBP is easily the weakest,I think. I also found OOTP quite lacksture but anyways...I wanna see what Law did with the character of Dumbledore in this film.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:Of Potter films HBP is easily the weakest,I think.
I suspect most people would agree with you there.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I wonder if the plan is to do what Star Wars did: Episodes IV, V, VI------then I, II, III, which ended with the 'creation' of Darth Vader-------will JK Rowling now do her 5 prequels. leading up to the 'Riddle-Voldevort" creation, which would lead into why Harry Potter ever happened, thus completing the prior historical convergence prior to The Sorcerer's Stone?-----------then, she could do 1 more Potter film with the original cast, now grown up with their own families, whereby an unknown Voldemort child is the villain, threatening the new children, and Harry, Hermione, and Ron have to once again wizard-up and save the day at Hogwarts :idea:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:I wonder if the plan is to do what Star Wars did: Episodes IV, V, VI------then I, II, III, which ended with the 'creation' of Darth Vader-------will JK Rowling now do her 5 prequels. leading up to the 'Riddle-Voldevort" creation, which would lead into why Harry Potter ever happened, thus completing the prior historical convergence prior to The Sorcerer's Stone?-----------then, she could do 1 more Potter film with the original cast, now grown up with their own families, whereby an unknown Voldemort child is the villain, threatening the new children, and Harry, Hermione, and Ron have to once again wizard-up and save the day at Hogwarts :idea:
Well, she's already done the grown-up Potter thing with her Cursed Child play. I don't know if there are any plans to film it with the original cast. I'd be surprised if it hasn't at least been discussed.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Cursed Child is a story that was so out of place that at fIrst people didn't believe the spoilers. I mean, Voldemort has a CHILD. COME ON. :jack:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

4" of snow here now. :hair:--------------The first trailer for Avengers 4 is wildly expected to launch before the end of the month. The prediction comes from a number of Hollywood insiders and Marvel experts with sources. And while week beginning November 26 is thought to be the most likely, it’s now believed the first teaser could arrive even earlier. That’s according to the leaker of the alleged title, Avengers Annihilation, MCU Cosmic editor Jeremy Conrad.