The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I could see her hand off control to Nolan but Nolan would want a lot of control, if she’s eager to step aside I could see this as a possibility if there’s a bigger deal to be done that would support her other projects.
One thing I find funny is the lack of anyone mentioning distributor and partners in these insider leaks, it has to play some kind of part and maybe Nolan if true would be part of a large deal that short of selling would set Babs up for life. On the other hand if WB were offering Disney size money for a franchise maybe that get her attention, Lucas sold because he wanted to make his own prestige movies and knew he’d never make episode seven. That and he knew fans hated his episodes 1-3,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli won't be interested in Bond after Cr-egg is replaced. She couldn't care less about Fleming's Bond, and for the right price, she could slither off and sell. Nolan and Turner with NO Broccoli is the way to flourish :!: FBF, you would be most happy :!:
I think she probably will cut all ties with Bond, but after Bond 25, wiping the slate clean for Bond 26 with a new distributor and a new Bond. Again, I'm not fond of making predictions, as I may look very foolish in about 4 years time, but that seems the most likely scenario to me based on what we know so far.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Checking in! Yes,I'm fine.Staying at my parents' house for now but things are getting better(last I heard the fire was 15% contained but that hopefully has gone up since I last checked.)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Get out the hoses and water down the structures and lawns and trees where you live :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Checking in! Yes,I'm fine.Staying at my parents' house for now but things are getting better(last I heard the fire was 15% contained but that hopefully has gone up since I last checked.)
Glad you are safe. Hope FBF is ok.

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Broccoli won't be interested in Bond after Cr-egg is replaced. She couldn't care less about Fleming's Bond, and for the right price, she could slither off and sell. Nolan and Turner with NO Broccoli is the way to flourish :!: FBF, you would be most happy :!:
I think she probably will cut all ties with Bond, but after Bond 25, wiping the slate clean for Bond 26 with a new distributor and a new Bond. Again, I'm not fond of making predictions, as I may look very foolish in about 4 years time, but that seems the most likely scenario to me based on what we know so far.
That exactly what’s going to happen, in my opinion.

By the way, that said, has anybody seen Henry Cavill’s girlfriend around here? Our dear Alessandra?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She has gone into the world of political oblivion Drakester and I doubt she will ever return. Her energies have become obsessions hating all things Trump. Bond is probably meaningless to her now. The House Of Representatives just voted 364-48 against impeachment so that charade is over. Cavill just does not measure up to the derangement of Trump many in this world are facing.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

That's unfortunate.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:That's unfortunate.
Not just hating Trump. She has gone into full Hillary cultist mode, posting endlessly about how if it wasn't for Russia, and Comey, and the Electoral College, and Bernie, and Susan Sarandon, and other parties, Hillary would have won. Not to mention patiently awaiting her second and glorious coming again, which Robert Mueller is going to deliver any day now, just you watch. Apparently, there is an audience for this stuff, as she seems to have a lot more followers on Twitter than she did when she was just an entertainment reporter, so it was probably a good career move for her.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
Not just hating Trump. She has gone into full Hillary cultist mode, posting endlessly about how if it wasn't for Russia, and Comey, and the Electoral College, and Bernie, and Susan Sarandon, and other parties, Hillary would have won. Not to mention patiently awaiting her second and glorious coming again, which Robert Mueller is going to deliver any day now, just you watch. Apparently, there is an audience for this stuff, as she seems to have a lot more followers on Twitter than she did when she was just an entertainment reporter, so it was probably a good career move for her.
Never knew that about her. I don't think I can get into discussions with her due to extreme opposing views.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
I liked Ale a lot. But how she treated me and BJ still ticks me off. The BvS eating crow thing, which was a propaganda being pushed by WB halfway through BvS theatrical run. Now it’s out that final profit for BvS is maybe $100 million not sure if total run sales with Home video counted or if it is pure theatrical run with China’s 25% contribution correctly tabulated. But nobody today would try to spin BvS as a success. Hell if WB has listened seriously to the fan upset at the time it would have saved them 2 big flops. Although maybe they did listen and that why WW is so well thought of.

But about Ale I had truly thought the world of her. I’m fine with whatever her politics are. Although I don’t know many young women (millennial or younger )who are rabid Hillary supported they are more Bernie Sanders girls or more to the right than anything I’d be comfortable with. (Don’t want to say republican or Democrat not sure those to titles are really meaningful talking about the younger generation of voters)but if Ale is rabidly refighting the last election I wouldn’t have any cause for thinking of her differently because of it.

Thing is she is such a skilled communicator that I don’t know that she’s not hired to say the things she says or if she just so passionate about what she believes she has a scorched earth policy toward anything else.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:
Kristatos wrote:If it's true and if Sigman comes forward. Sadly, there are a lot of reasons why she wouldn't.
I remember this rumor, or allegation. It came from a guy called Enty, apparently notorious for the dirt in Hollywood. This Enty dude still has the report on his site: http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/ ... trike.html

Today's Blind Items - Sex Strike

Largely the drama that has been unfolding on this film set has been kept under wraps. They have a great PR team and the film has been shooting overseas so it is not that easy to do much digging. Here is what was found though, with a little digging. Our star is beloved by millions as a sexy male lead. The fact that he is dumber than a box of rocks is irrelevant to his loyal fans. One thing he loves most is having sex with his co-star or someone who is at least in the opening credits and not some extra or a person with a walk on role. Our actor is married and A+ list in this particular role and probably A-/B+ in all others because he has been all miss outside of the role. Our actor thought his co-star would be open to an arrangement during filming. He has always had a crush on her. She rebuffed him though. Everyone loves her and he is just one of many to try and win her affections. He called her some nasty names and then ordered producers to find him someone who would sleep with him and to replace his co-star. They wouldn't so our actor faked an injury. Twice. Finally the producers and our actor reached a compromise. The co-star would stay but a new role would be added. Our actor had final say over casting and the actress knows exactly why she is there and her acting talent is secondary.

If this is true, the new role added was probably for the Sigman girl.
New thought about this, if true it is a bigger problem for Babs because she gave Craig a producer credit. So it’s not just a bad actions of a actor it is a EON producer pressuring powerless employees for sexual favors for favorable treatment.

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Omega wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I liked Ale a lot. But how she treated me and BJ still ticks me off. The BvS eating crow thing, which was a propaganda being pushed by WB halfway through BvS theatrical run. Now it’s out that final profit for BvS is maybe $100 million not sure if total run sales with Home video counted or if it is pure theatrical run with China’s 25% contribution correctly tabulated. But nobody today would try to spin BvS as a success. Hell if WB has listened seriously to the fan upset at the time it would have saved them 2 big flops. Although maybe they did listen and that why WW is so well thought of.

But about Ale I had truly thought the world of her. I’m fine with whatever her politics are. Although I don’t know many young women (millennial or younger )who are rabid Hillary supported they are more Bernie Sanders girls or more to the right than anything I’d be comfortable with. (Don’t want to say republican or Democrat not sure those to titles are really meaningful talking about the younger generation of voters)but if Ale is rabidly refighting the last election I wouldn’t have any cause for thinking of her differently because of it.

Thing is she is such a skilled communicator that I don’t know that she’s not hired to say the things she says or if she just so passionate about what she believes she has a scorched earth policy toward anything else.

Ah, but when Obama was screwing the country for eight years and taking dump on conservatives, all those are okay, hmm? Those youngsters are really delusional if they think a crook like Hillary would've been their savior. How many people died trying to expose the Clintons, again? Who sold uranium to the Russians and Lord knows how many country secrets and other merchandise? The left is where enemies of the state lie in. But, I'll savor that discussion for another occasion. Trump wasn't my first choice. That was Ted Cruz whom I find a very decent man. Allen West even more so, such a shame he didn't run for presidency. I only chose to vote for Trump eventually because it was either him or that reptile of a hag. And this also comes from a millennial.

Respect comes from both sides, in my opinion. If somebody shows the lack of it towards me, I'd treat him or her the very same way if not worse.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Drakester, this is Ale's typical supporter and unfortunately they have become a cult as Kris said, not a protest movement. It truly has morphed into derangement. I dealt with 8 years of Clinton, 8 years of Bush, and 8 years of Oh-bama. Nobody ever acted out their obsessions like they do now. A warning, there are curse words in this brief video: [video][/video]
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

dirtybenny wrote:Like Kris and John P. I'm skeptical of the story, however it does make a bit of sense when you consider that as far as I know EON hasn't officially announced Craig's return.
That's been my feeling too. You'd think that Broccoli and Eon, drowned in their over-hyped idolatry for Craig, would jam into everyone's faces a world-wide media event kind of thing to announce Craig's return. Instead, it's all been subtle, blurbs here and there from interviews. Then there's Craig's announcement on that late night show, which is kind of questionable in its own way. At that time, he was promoting the Logan Loser movie or whatever that work of garbage was called, but did he bring up his Bond return just to take advantage of the free PR and stir up attention for his new film? Then there's the loony tune Broccoli herself. Officially, until the Bond role is recast, Craig is the incumbent, so Broccoli sticks to her tagline of Daniel is my beloved Bond? I'm old enough to remember the timeline leading up to Dalton's exit. Cubby was basically insisting that Dalton was still Bond right up until the actor stated, during the filming of Scarlett, he was done with the role.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

About that Redit insider post. The part where the dude describes the status of the next film, I think, has some reality to it. He said, “It's v murky. The general sentiment is that EON are playing the field at the moment and are unwilling to commit to anything yet.” That sounds about right. Pull together the other bits we learned from recent interviews and you get that status. Just last month Broccoli said this:

"We don't have too much in place...we've got to find the director. We're working on the script and we'll see."

Then there's this bit from an other insider:

“The production company has reached out to several writers to suggest plot ideas and twists for Bond in Daniel’s final outing.”

Several writers? Sounds like the hack duo, Purvis and Wade, hasn't come along far in their draft, and can be ousted any time. Typical, of course, for Hollywood. One thing about that industry, everything and everyone is replaceable.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image Image Image Image Her obsession must end :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John P. Drake wrote:
Omega wrote: Ah, but when Obama was screwing the country for eight years and taking dump on conservatives, all those are okay, hmm? Those youngsters are really delusional if they think a crook like Hillary would've been their savior. How many people died trying to expose the Clintons, again? Who sold uranium to the Russians and Lord knows how many country secrets and other merchandise? The left is where enemies of the state lie in. But, I'll savor that discussion for another occasion. Trump wasn't my first choice. That was Ted Cruz whom I find a very decent man. Allen West even more so, such a shame he didn't run for presidency. I only chose to vote for Trump eventually because it was either him or that reptile of a hag. And this also comes from a millennial.

Respect comes from both sides, in my opinion. If somebody shows the lack of it towards me, I'd treat him or her the very same way if not worse.
I found Cruz to be a sanctimonious preacher. Ironic that Al Gore sounds the same way now, guess boring guys can only do monotone voices or televangelist when they try to add passion they lack in their soul to their speaking voice.

Far as respect going both ways, yeah but I’m not going to necessarily disrespect someone because I disagree with them.

Derangement syndrome, well it’s been around since President Reagan when all kinds of artist and others went off their nut believing he was the most dangerous man to walk the earth. But they made some cool comics and music.

Babs is a Bush derangement gal.
Know people myself who had Obama (& Clinton) derangement.
Difference now is the media and political parties are trying to mainstream essentially Birtherism.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:Like Kris and John P. I'm skeptical of the story, however it does make a bit of sense when you consider that as far as I know EON hasn't officially announced Craig's return.
That's been my feeling too. You'd think that Broccoli and Eon, drowned in their over-hyped idolatry for Craig, would jam into everyone's faces a world-wide media event kind of thing to announce Craig's return. Instead, it's all been subtle, blurbs here and there from interviews. Then there's Craig's announcement on that late night show, which is kind of questionable in its own way. At that time, he was promoting the Logan Loser movie or whatever that work of garbage was called, but did he bring up his Bond return just to take advantage of the free PR and stir up attention for his new film? Then there's the loony tune Broccoli herself. Officially, until the Bond role is recast, Craig is the incumbent, so Broccoli sticks to her tagline of Daniel is my beloved Bond? I'm old enough to remember the timeline leading up to Dalton's exit. Cubby was basically insisting that Dalton was still Bond right up until the actor stated, during the filming of Scarlett, he was done with the role.
There was also that tabloid lawsuit where Dalton sued them for saying he was fired from bond after LTK, I dunno if Cubby push him to do it because he was is his own legal fights over bond or if dalton was so hopping mad he had to get justice from the court system.
I kind of think Cubby pushed him to do it cause it damaged the brand not to have a current bond. But we learned years later that LTK didn’t make a profit until 1997 after Brosnan had revitalized the series, and there were internal memos from partners saying they were not going to fund another Dalton movie and sought Brosnan for a replacement , this was again during the fallout over LTK do 1990-1.
Scarlett was what 1994? Brosnan was announced as bond June 1994, again I think Dalton may be doing cubby’s bidding at the timing of his announcement to start speculation about recasting, by 1992-3 his contract had expired and we know now the people funding the movie wanted a new bond. They say Cubby still wanted dalton back, maybe he did or maybe Dalton had to be seen as walking away because of that tabloid lawsuit.

BTW people alway talk about how classy Moore was, I believe Dalton was every bit the class act if not more so because of the trying situation he was placed in.

Oh when I looked up the year Brosnan was announce as bond found it on the official 007 Twitter this day in bond from 2015. first reply as someone saying Brosnan was a great bond who was treated so terribly by the producers. I’m sure eon didn’t expect that kind of reply to be first

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:About that Redit insider post. The part where the dude describes the status of the next film, I think, has some reality to it. He said, “It's v murky. The general sentiment is that EON are playing the field at the moment and are unwilling to commit to anything yet.” That sounds about right. Pull together the other bits we learned from recent interviews and you get that status. Just last month Broccoli said this:

"We don't have too much in place...we've got to find the director. We're working on the script and we'll see."

Then there's this bit from an other insider:

“The production company has reached out to several writers to suggest plot ideas and twists for Bond in Daniel’s final outing.”

Several writers? Sounds like the hack duo, Purvis and Wade, hasn't come along far in their draft, and can be ousted any time. Typical, of course, for Hollywood. One thing about that industry, everything and everyone is replaceable.
So much is weird about this pre production phase, which does lend credibility to the Redit posts.
I could see Babs selling out completely or farming out production to someone like Nolan for a long term deal and big pay off.
I think she is burnedout on Craig and the work of producing bond. It’s a constant fight to make something that’ll sell and to keep her precious star happy.
Doubt she ever cared about making bond movies and she trapped by the convoluted way her production company throws a movie together which is a throw back to her daddy and how he ran it. In a era of planned and thought out series she is a dinosaur living of the novelty of the fact her series is still around.