The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

The lowlife VMA awards show was nothing more than left-wing radical rants by illiterate losers from what I am reading. This assault by Hollywood's producers on the political process only feeds into the anarchist narrative that they are perpetuating. These morons who attend this garbage only demonstrate how society would be in shambles if these reprobates were the majority. What a pile of trash that is running the entertainment industry :!: :Bonk: :down:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Been watching American Horror Story:Coven and am getting serious Live and Let Die vibes from it.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Been a long time since I dropped by. How's everyone?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Been a long time since I dropped by. How's everyone?
Good, how are you? We were worried you'd been recaptured and taken back to The Village.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:Been a long time since I dropped by. How's everyone?
Good, how are you? We were worried you'd been recaptured and taken back to The Village.
Hey there, Kris! Good to know you're well!

They did take me to The Village. But, they found out they couldn't have me pushed, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. So, here are I am, taking control of my life as it is my own. :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

6 months AWOL Drakester :?: :!: You must be under cover with FBF who has disappeared from this inner sanctuary............add illiterate Kevin Hart to the list of Hollywood miscreants with no talent that nobody listens too :!:...................The ratings for the week of August 6 through the 12th just came out, and the story this time around is that CNN was beaten in primetime by the History Channel, and people pointed out that one of the History Channel’s primetime shows is Ancient Aliens :!: :ROFL:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... le-1136378

Danny Boyle will no longer be leading 007 on his next mission. James Bond producers and star Daniel Craig made the announcement Tuesday that Boyle was exiting the project, which he had been set to direct.

"Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25," the official James Bond Twitter account tweeted.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Wow one has to wonder what happened, especially considering how long Boyle was attached to the project. Well we have an idea what happened, Babz and co. kept meddling in Boyle's vision, good or bad, we don't really know what he had in store for our boy Bond (maybe Moneypenny would turn out to be his great Aunt). However it's odd considering EON signed off on his idea to begin with months ago. I think what is really at play here, with Boyle EON were placed in the strange position of having a finished script and a creative vision in place before shooting began and they just can't have that!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's very strange. It does seem like EON knew what they were getting when they signed Boyle and Hodge. I've really been trying to avoid the obvious, lazy gag about them making Bond a heroin addict, but I can't imagine that they would suddenly decide to do something like that without having mentioned it in their original pitch.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

How weird he was attached to the project for years, the reason Craig came back. So either there is no plan and it’s in free fall right now or someone like Mendes is coming back.

If it is really creative differences maybe eon got cold feet after watching another feminist icon shotgun Star Wars to the point of oblivion and suddenly realized they weren’t good friends with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg so they wouldn’t be ok no matter what.
Also the dcu and Star Wars imploded before a shocked Hollywood maybe they thought nothing they could do would kill the golden goose but now aren’t so sure.
If it were anyone else but eon I’d be convinced a big fan pleasing “wow” director was about to be announced. Knowing eon I’m skeptical bond goes on the back burner for another year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:It's very strange. It does seem like EON knew what they were getting when they signed Boyle and Hodge. I've really been trying to avoid the obvious, lazy gag about them making Bond a heroin addict, but I can't imagine that they would suddenly decide to do something like that without having mentioned it in their original pitch.
Nothing they do like that would surprise me anymore Kris. I mean, it was already done to Jack Bauer in 24 (did I mention that already before?) making it even more unoriginal. I do wonder how far they really got with Boyle and how much of the information was just empty hype.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:Brosnan does notice one stark difference between him and Craig's portrayal: the humor. Here's what he said: "There had to be humor, I felt. It is different now. They had strong competition and they haven't reinvented it but given it a much more muscular, dynamic twist. When I played him you have to let the audience in that this is a fantastic joke -- this man, jumping off a motorcycle and catching up a plane, is completely preposterous. But for me you had to let them in."
I remember people laughing at that stunt but I just thought it was pretty cool. I seem to remember reading about an actual stunt involving a skydiver jumping out of a plane and maneuvering themselves to get back inside again many years ago, so it's not totally implausible, especially when you consider it's a life or death situation for Bond.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:It's very strange. It does seem like EON knew what they were getting when they signed Boyle and Hodge. I've really been trying to avoid the obvious, lazy gag about them making Bond a heroin addict, but I can't imagine that they would suddenly decide to do something like that without having mentioned it in their original pitch.

I'm starting to wonder if that rumor concerning Boyle wanting Bond to take on a female understudy were true. That's the sort of thing Babz would initially buy into in theory but not like the way it turned out on paper. Perhaps it focused too much on the girl reducing Bond to sidekick, or the the girl wasn't "gritty" and "bad ass" enough, whatever and consider Boyle being big enough to call his own shots declined to play the game, after all he is quoted as saying he would only come on board if EON bought into his idea.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I for one am really happy Danny Boyle is out. He's by far not a Bond director, and not exactly a conventional film director to handle action. If Mendes was bad enough, Boyle would've delivered something a lot more worse than that sappy melodrama that is the abominable Skyfall.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:I for one am really happy Danny Boyle is out. He's by far not a Bond director, and not exactly a conventional film director to handle action. If Mendes was bad enough, Boyle would've delivered something a lot more worse than that sappy melodrama that is the abominable Skyfall.
I was actually quite intrigued to see what he came up with, precisely because nothing he's done before is anything like Bond, but his previous films aren't much like each other either. He seems to be a director who likes to do different things. Whereas you could sort of imagine what a Sam Mendes Bond film would be like even before Skyfall came out.

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

I am somewhat surprised to see myself saying this, but I'm kind of sorry to see Boyle go. On the one hand auteur directors should be kept miles away from Bond after all it's an action series not Shakespeare! On the other hand like Kris I'm curious to see how he would have handled it, best case scenario we'd get an interesting film, worst case more of the same pretentious bulls**t, which would've been an apt send off for our boy Craig.
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:I for one am really happy Danny Boyle is out. He's by far not a Bond director, and not exactly a conventional film director to handle action. If Mendes was bad enough, Boyle would've delivered something a lot more worse than that sappy melodrama that is the abominable Skyfall.
I was actually quite intrigued to see what he came up with, precisely because nothing he's done before is anything like Bond, but his previous films aren't much like each other either. He seems to be a director who likes to do different things. Whereas you could sort of imagine what a Sam Mendes Bond film would be like even before Skyfall came out.
Can't argue with that (re: Mendes), but from what I've seen of Boyle's films when I forced myself through them (from Trainspotting to Trance, of the latter being his most Bondian, yet it had nothing to do with being Bondian), I didn't like his style at all. While different, they're also similar in their own merit. I wasn't impressed with 28 Days Later at all, and doubted he could handle action sequences the way they should be. There's also the angle of the abysmal #MeToo movement he was imposing (allegedly) on the Bond film that would've submitted radical changes to the formula, which had me worried like hell. I don't like Boyle personally, and never took liking to his films, if I'm honest, so I'm glad he's out. I'm also hoping the John Hodge script is also ditched. Just my two cents.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The only thing Boyle means to me is that this film might be stalled again missing its start date for production. I’d think if Boyle is on board then the script he commissioned wouldn’t be acceptable either but with eon who knows.
Far as Boyle as a director I’m not sure what he’d bring to the project. Let’s just get a proxy director and let Craig direct and act with a director in name only relaying orders from Craig to the crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"Written, produced and directed by Daniel Craig. Executive Producer: Daniel Craig. Director of Photography: Daniel Craig. Assistant to Daniel Craig: Daniel Craig."

John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:"Written, produced and directed by Daniel Craig. Executive Producer: Daniel Craig. Director of Photography: Daniel Craig. Assistant to Daniel Craig: Daniel Craig."
Carson Clay eat your heart out! :lol: