The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by John P. Drake »

Fun fact. Did you know Rupert Friend was auditioned for the Bond role in 2005? Now, he's playing Agent 47.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

John P. Drake wrote:Fun fact. Did you know Rupert Friend was auditioned for the Bond role in 2005? Now, he's playing Agent 47.
I did not know that.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

kater23 wrote:My dad had his surgery today and everything went very well,the doctor said.He's on the good stuff, pain killer-wise, though. :mrgreen:
That's great news! :cheers: Do the doctors think this will be the only surgery he should need?
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

I'll be the only surgery he needs...which is good. Recovery is slowly but surely right now. He had the surgery Monday, and was home the next day, which amazed me but the level of technology doctors have now, it's possible!
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Box Office Mojo: Godzilla (May 16): The bad taste from 1998's Godzilla movie has been washed away by strong trailers that show off the human impact of large-scale destruction while only providing brief glimpses of the monster. This calls to mind the marketing strategy for last year's World War Z, which kept its zombies obscured for the most part. While Godzilla doesn't have Brad Pitt, the giant lizard should make up for that. Adjusting for inflation, the 1998 movie earned around $230 million, which is a fair target for this movie. Also, look for huge international returns. (Domestic: $230 million, Foreign: $440 million)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Ever wanted to see the BBFC's original paperwork for Thunderball? Well here you go.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:Ever wanted to see the BBFC's original paperwork for Thunderball? Well here you go.
I see some of the comments are taken seriously, and some others, not. Thanks, Kris. :) :up:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

I just returned from another go-round of Chiller Theatre's convention. We quickly spoke to Mrs. Partridge herself, Shirley Jones, walking by in the lobby. She ran like a bat out of hell to get to the elevators once we noticed her. We also said hello to Estella Warren from the 2001 Planet Of The Apes. She was friendly. Michael Pare was friendly from Eddie And The Cruisers. David Proval from The Sopranos and The Shawshank Redemption was walking around the lobby with two other friends of his. http://chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Those Chiller conventions always sounds like a lot of fun.. I want to go to ComiCon one of these years but it always sells out too quickly.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Ever wanted to see the BBFC's original paperwork for Thunderball? Well here you go.
I see some of the comments are taken seriously, and some others, not. Thanks, Kris. :) :up:
I should have mentioned that these comments relate to a copy of the shooting script that was submitted to them for advice (studios often do this, as it's cheaper than having to re-edit/re-shoot a finished film). Interesting that they objected to the use of one-liners, I had always heard that these were put in to soften the impact of the violence.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:
I should have mentioned that these comments relate to a copy of the shooting script that was submitted to them for advice (studios often do this, as it's cheaper than having to re-edit/re-shoot a finished film). Interesting that they objected to the use of one-liners, I had always heard that these were put in to soften the impact of the violence.
Well, to be honest, as that is a Bond film, the one-liners should always be used, in my honest opinion.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

kater23 wrote:Those Chiller conventions always sounds like a lot of fun.. I want to go to ComiCon one of these years but it always sells out too quickly.
Book it early. Sold out? Can't anyone show up each day and go in?
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Nope.. They really should have it set up so people can just walk up and go to whatever day they want to(or not). It's super organized,which, because of the size of it, is totally necessary.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Captain America is finally knocked off the #1 after almost a month. Over all a weak showing this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

On Tuesday the Tony nominations were announced in New York City by Lucy Liu and Jonathan Groff and notable snubs were Daniel Craig and Rachel Weitz (for Betrayal). :up: This 'spherical adhesion' to the human race has literally NOTHING going on now outside of Who The Hell Cares, which will be the first non-Fleming book to be made into the continued disgraceful, systematic, breakdown of the franchise film Broccoli will produce.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Here we go again :!: :evil: This coming from a two-timing cheat :!: :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/ ... 34x672.jpg This farce portraying Bond goes hand in hand with the cultural destruction being witnessed in this world as it regresses to Neaderthalism. http://www.standard.co.uk/incoming/arti ... E-17--.jpg http://images.zeit.de/kultur/film/2012- ... 40x304.jpg
Alessandra
Pam Bouvier
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, Goldfinger, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough, License to Kill, The Spy Who Loved Me.
Favorite Movies: Sabrina (the original), To Catch a Thief, Charade, High Society, Indiscreet. More recent: The Blind Side, Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Someone Like You, Wolverine, Spy Game, Miami Vice, Fantastic Four, No Reservations, The Wedding Date, 27 Dresses, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, The Devil Wears Prada

Post by Alessandra »

bjmdds wrote:Here we go again :!: :evil: This coming from a two-timing cheat :!: :shock:
Seriously.
Hi darlings!!
Still haven't recovered from that horror photo I saw a couple of weeks ago. SMH.
I hope all is fine and dandy around here. I see you have been busy mingling with the right celeb crowd, BJ? No surprise there :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Are we on coms?"
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

How are things gearing up for the Frnch Open? Your boy Cavill's career has been quiet since Man Of Steel, and Cr-egg is getting more putrid by the day :!: Will Nadal win the French again?
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Good effing lord. Daniel Craig looks REALLY unwell in that PSA, like he's been on a several month bender. :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: