The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Pretty sure that show was doa before Craig sold out to Babs once more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wish he'd quit Bond for Purity, rather than the other way round. My hope (and it's admittedly a rather slim one) is that it works out for the best in the long term. Aidan Turner is currently tied up with Poldark, but he might be free for Bond 26....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Craig is a weird actor in that while he went on and on right after CR in 2006 about how his name can get a movie made or project started, there no evidence that this was actually true because to my recollection most small projects he was attached to he quits at a inconvenient time for the production.
I too always hoped that he’d find a role he truly loved and quit the job he obviously hates, he just doesn’t work unless he absolutely has to, he will not do pr tours or talk to fans unless he is forced. The mans career outside of bond is basically none existent and that not because he was type cast, it’s because he was sooooo rich it didn’t makes sense to get out of bed in the morning. And there were a lot of people early on after CR in Hollywood who wanted to make him a somebody.

My fear is he already stayed too long, the bond brand is damaged by him to such s point a fresh take or rereboot will not find a audience. even fans like Sweeney are ready for a fresh face as bond and new direction. I’m pretty sure Babs has no clue how to do it or desire to hire someone to make it happen

With big brands failing i am pretty sure Hollywood is certain Craig has to be there to make bond a success, ignoring the history of the series because they are so afraid of a WB justice league or TLJ/ Solo reaction.
If for whatever reason Craig s next bond truly flops they will look back in retrospect and say he stayed too long and his bad attitude and comments hurt the brand but if it’s a true flop like JL MGM will not recover like Disney and WB.

............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Anyone been watching the World Cup? Is it even being televised in America, since Team USA doesn't seem to be playing this time? I remember when I lived over there, American TV wouldn't even show Olympic events if there were no Americans competing.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:Anyone been watching the World Cup? Is it even being televised in America, since Team USA doesn't seem to be playing this time? I remember when I lived over there, American TV wouldn't even show Olympic events if there were no Americans competing.

We should do the traditional thread!

Panama won a controversial game against the USA to qualify instead of the USA. USA/Canada and Mexixo are hosting the 2026 World Cup.

England have an relatively easy route to the semi finals - but I bet they mess it up. In the European Championships they lost to Iceland. :picard:

Greece lost in the play offs to Croatia.....
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

It's on tv here every day.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: We should do the traditional thread!

Panama won a controversial game against the USA to qualify instead of the USA. USA/Canada and Mexixo are hosting the 2026 World Cup.

England have an relatively easy route to the semi finals - but I bet they mess it up. In the European Championships they lost to Iceland. :picard:

I know. I only have one team to cheer on this time, instead of three. I doubt there would be enough discussion to warrant a dedicated thread, but I might start one if World Cup posts start to dominate this thread. Doesn't seem very likely at the moment, though.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
Kristatos wrote:Anyone been watching the World Cup? Is it even being televised in America, since Team USA doesn't seem to be playing this time? I remember when I lived over there, American TV wouldn't even show Olympic events if there were no Americans competing.

As it happens, Croatia has been the best team in the tournament so far. They completely crushed Argentina,3-0, a team that seems lost.As a Croatian, I hope they'll continue in this fashion :clap:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

By Mariella Frostrup: Radio Times:
"The levels of excitement in my house for the return of Poldark are seriously high. Naturally, I admire the sumptuous Cornish seascapes, the elevated drama, the cliffhanger plotlines and all-round entertainment offered by the series. But in truth it’s none of those admittedly equally enticing elements that have got my adrenal glands pumping.

Instead it’s the promise of an opening scene to rival many manifestations of Bond, from Sean Connery to Daniel Craig, that’s got my pulse racing – with a shot of a shirtless, sea-soaked Aidan Turner, emerging from the white-capped waves of the Atlantic."------------so both men and women gravitate to his screen presence, and yet, Broccoli is wasting another film on her decrepit protege once more :!: INSANITY :!: Image
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Veronica wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:

As it happens, Croatia has been the best team in the tournament so far. They completely crushed Argentina,3-0, a team that seems lost.As a Croatian, I hope they'll continue in this fashion :clap:
I don't want the cheating Croats to win it. :evil: Only joking. They could play England in the semi final.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

We get some news about the World Cup but I don’t really watch live tv any more and I’m
Not a sports guy so I’m not sure how it’s being received here although I think swarmed is higher than when I was a kid

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

FBF should play Broccoli in a one-on-one winner take all for EON match :!: FBF to Broccoli: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]LEAVE THIS VIDEO HERE. IT SUMS UP THE SITUATION PERFECTLY AND CORRECTLY AND HONESTLY EVEN IF HOLLYWOOD DOES NOT, NOR EVER WILL, GET IT :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

News out of Manila is that 25-year-old Angela Ponce has just been crowned Miss Universe-Spain and will represent the Philippines in the 2018 Miss Universe pageant. The trouble is that "Miss" Ponce is a man who "transgendered" in 2015. Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Was at a restaraunt in Oklahoma City with my brother and sister in law last week and they had small TVs at every table tuned to the world cup. :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

LEGO tease HUGE James Bond announcement https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... re-1743012

I didn't post this in the Wessex Bond News thread because although the URL says Devon News, the last time I checked, Leicester Square wasn't in Devon.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Happy Fourth of July !

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Happy 4th to those of you in the US.

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

Happy 4th of July to the colonials :evil: :cheers:

England beat Colombia to go through to the quarter finals beating a disgraceful cheating Colombia team. :x
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:LEGO tease HUGE James Bond announcement https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... re-1743012

I didn't post this in the Wessex Bond News thread because although the URL says Devon News, the last time I checked, Leicester Square wasn't in Devon.
Daniel Craig looks just like a lego man. :wink:

I can't watch England play in the World Cup - it is too nerve wracking.
Bring back Bond!
Powder Puff
Lieutenant

Post by Powder Puff »

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

carl stromberg wrote:
Kristatos wrote:LEGO tease HUGE James Bond announcement https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... re-1743012

Daniel Craig looks just like a lego man. :wink:

I don't know about looks, but he definitely has the personality!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image