The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

I call bulls**t on any Bond casting stories. They have just begun filming Bond 25, the last thing on their minds is going to be casting Bond 26.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I have to admit Sam Heughan did look Bond-like in The Spy Who Dumped Me.
Madden on the other hand... Eh. Too short and gives off the "I am a likeable fellow with whom you'd like to drink beer" vibe not "After 10 minutes of sitting in this bar drinking a martini you'll ask me to go to my place so I can take off that dress of yours" vibe which I sort of expect from someone like Bond.
Anyways, I somehow doubt they are looking for anyone right now especially not someone specific a.k.a Scottish.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:I call bulls**t on any Bond casting stories. They have just begun filming Bond 25, the last thing on their minds is going to be casting Bond 26.

I am actually wondering if they even casted actors for this upcoming movie.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I think there are and have been two factions in eon for some time. IMO mgw’s boys and probably a few others have wanted to make a new bond for the last decade, and babs is set on making Craig the longest actor in the job so much so she’ll wait 4-5 years between movies.
On the public front it’s all Craig is the only bond we need and they are only actively working on his movies, but the next generation might be holding back hoping to get their chance.
Far as casting rumors I agree, They haven’t even cast this movie I kind of doubt they as a company with babs as the head are plotting out recasting. We know eon will hold talks with potential bonds and sign a few in secrecy contracts but never intend to use them.

But this rumor does show how past Craig most of the world is, anyone not babs is.
to think Sam Worthington who was signed as bond and in weapons training only to be never used and let go has a similar career arc to Craig but the avatar series that made him is still promising to finish the story over a decade later like bond. For me as a movie goer it feel like bond and avatar as series are old and uninteresting because they don’t release movies on any kind of time frame and good chunk of my life are without them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Don't have a link, but RIP Shane Rimmer. The actor who, I believe, has played more different roles within the Bond franchise than any other.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image New Bond villain caught being filmed today. It'a the Phantom Of The Opera :!: The script - rewritten by Scott Z Burns - was reported to have been finished just days ago :!: Image https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2698 ... g-villain/
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

How about this look for Craig in the next movie?

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Kristatos wrote:Don't have a link, but RIP Shane Rimmer. The actor who, I believe, has played more different roles within the Bond franchise than any other.

RIP. He had some interesting roles.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

bjmdds wrote:Image New Bond villain caught being filmed today. It'a the Phantom Of The Opera :!: The script - rewritten by Scott Z Burns - was reported to have been finished just days ago :!: Image https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2698 ... g-villain/
What on earth is this??
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s sweet sweet symbolism. Like that day of the dead mask from the last movie.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Rolling Stones have postponed their upcoming North American tour due to Mick Jagger’s need for medical treatment. “Mick Jagger has been advised by doctors that he cannot go on tour at this time as he needs medical treatment,” the band’s publicist said in a press release. “The doctors have advised Mick that he is expected to make a complete recovery so that he can get back on stage as soon as possible. Jagger added in a statement, “I hate letting our fans down and I’m hugely disappointed to have to postpone the tour but am looking forward to getting back on stage as soon as I can.”-------I have tickets to this :!: Oh well :!: :roll:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Veronica wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Image New Bond villain caught being filmed today. It'a the Phantom Of The Opera :!: The script - rewritten by Scott Z Burns - was reported to have been finished just days ago :!: Image https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2698 ... g-villain/
What on earth is this??
Watch the video "V" and see how creepy this looks :!: Perhaps the little girl running away from the Phantom is Cr-egg's Bond's daughter he never knew he had, that Bro-Feld found out about :!: Yes, this is a great plot :!: Rivoting :!: Suspense :!: :down:-------movieweb.com:This mysterious James Bond 25 villain is wearing a Phantom of the Opera-type of mask, which obscures most of his face. He appears to be wounded and is chasing a young girl through the snow. The footage shows the girl stop and then acts like she falls through the ice. The fall through the ice will more than likely be done in post-production. After the fall, the masked man begins shooting through the ice. As for who the mysterious villain is, that is unclear at this time. However, there have been whispers that the leaked scene could be a flashback with a young Madeleine Swann, though that is pure speculation at this time.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A press conference revealing the name and cast reveal are rumored for next week. Image [video][/video]A Madeleine Swann origin film :!: :Bonk:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Yep, this is just creepy.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Looking closely at the mask it looks to have been damaged into the Phantom like shape that it's in, which to my mind makes it even more ridiculous. The girl appears to be wearing some very 1980's clothes which would confirm what we all knew, that this is in fact a Swann flash back origin story. We all knew it because EON has become so predictable and desperate for family drama. Filming a scene which was described in the last film just smacks of boldface and italics, we already know what happened we don't need to see it!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Eon just has stunt sequences they try to cram a movie around. Probably had a story boarded stunt with the phantom of the opera long ago and got to work on it before ever seeing if the finished scene would tie into the finished script. Actually thinking back most of Craig’s action scenes are like this. You could take out the quantum opera scenes and still have the movie move more or less like it did without it.

OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

It's finally happened! :shock:

Craig quits Bond...

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a26999461 ... uits-bond/
Daniel Craig has sensationally quit Bond just as filming starts on Bond 25. Aiden Turner has been hired to star as Bond in the upcoming Bond entry...
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Come on Flandry, I almost had a heart attack.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

April fools!

Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

In my defense, only now I realised what day it is.