The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] The cameo of all cameos :!:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I find Sheen a great cameo material to be honest :lol:
Ed Sheeran on the other hand... Not so much.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: The cameo of all cameos :!:
I haven't seen the film, but from that clip, it looks like a cameo that makes narrative sense - an actor reprising his original role in a direct sequel. I don't know what role Grace Jones was going to play in Untitled James Bond Project, but if it was Mayday, it would really mess up the whole reboot timeline thing. It's not like if Barbara Bach had briefly played Anya Amasova in AVTAK, as originally planned (she was eventually replaced by Fiona Fullerton as a different KGB agent).
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: I don't know what role Grace Jones was going to play in Untitled James Bond Project, but if it was Mayday, it would really mess up the whole reboot timeline thing.
Nothing in this reboot timeline makes sense, Blofled is Bonds "brother," Dench plays two different M's, Craig finds his one true love in each film and at the tender age of 38 began to come of age, learning what he wants out of life and at 50 still hasn't figured it out! The return of Jones' Mayday wouldn't be the worst of their shenanigans.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

For those with Amazon Kindle about half the Ian Fleming bond books are on sale
$0.99

I think this link should work for the series

https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/series ... aw_dp_link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Sweeney! Long time no see I trust you and Mrs. Sweeney are well :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Indiewire.com: Imagine Romer musically shaking up the Bond franchise. He could be as bold as Fukunaga allows, experimenting with "strange sounds and haunting themes". And the fact that the film is set in Jamaica, Italy, Norway, and London should play to the composer’s versatility. Plus, there’s no reason why exotic flavor can’t punctuate the action scenes with location-specific instrumentation. As for the iconic Bond theme, Romer can make use of Arnold’s familiar version while offering his "own unique twist."--------put The Munsters themed music into this garbage already :!: Romer's gun barrel sequence music for Bond 25 :hair: Image[video][/video]
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:For those with Amazon Kindle about half the Ian Fleming bond books are on sale
$0.99

I think this link should work for the series

https://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/series ... aw_dp_link

Thanks for the heads up O, I was going to collect them all with credit but for .99 you cant beat it. I bought all the .99 titles and will complete the rest with credit.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image [video][/video] Happy birthday America :!:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Happy Fourth of July

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Happy treason day to all my american brethren, to my English cousins, I hope you had a good Thursday at work!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think nike picked the wrong horse to back in the long run. But I also don’t think people my generation and younger actually care.

In the long run it’s a bad movie because it slowed a celebrity and his militant agenda steer the direction of the company. Michael Jordan has done a hell of a lot more for the brad than the has been quarterback, where’s his demands. this opens Nike up to blackmail from any and all of the spokes people.

On the business side it’s insulted over 100 million potential customers. Also renewing questions about the ethics of Nike using sweetshop labor and other practices.
Nike should have released it as a tribute to a founding mother, America’s fist feminist, and ignored the guy who crippled the NFL. Well that’s actually roger goodell, kaepernick is like goodell’s understudy

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bond 25’s opening sequence before the traditional credits sequence will be shot in Matera. Allegedly, Léa Seydoux will return as Madeleine Swann “for the action-packed car chase, that takes place after 007 pays tribute to an old flame.” :roll:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:I think nike picked the wrong horse to back in the long run. But I also don’t think people my generation and younger actually care.

In the long run it’s a bad movie because it slowed a celebrity and his militant agenda steer the direction of the company. Michael Jordan has done a hell of a lot more for the brad than the has been quarterback, where’s his demands. this opens Nike up to blackmail from any and all of the spokes people.

On the business side it’s insulted over 100 million potential customers. Also renewing questions about the ethics of Nike using sweetshop labor and other practices.
Nike should have released it as a tribute to a founding mother, America’s fist feminist, and ignored the guy who crippled the NFL. Well that’s actually roger goodell, kaepernick is like goodell’s understudy
From what I understand, Nike's brand image is "young, urban and ethnically diverse". Knowing how risk-averse big corporations are, my guess is that they focus-grouped it to within an inch of their lives and decided that the people who were likely to be offended probably didn't buy their products anyway,
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Bond 25’s opening sequence before the traditional credits sequence will be shot in Matera. Allegedly, Léa Seydoux will return as Madeleine Swann “for the action-packed car chase, that takes place after 007 pays tribute to an old flame.” :roll:

One can only assume this "old flame" is Vesper, so Craig is dragging along his "one true love" to visit the grave of his previous "one true love" because that's not weird at all! Also if EON has to tell you their car chase is "action packed" it's a safe bet it isn't.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
One can only assume this "old flame" is Vesper, so Craig is dragging along his "one true love" to visit the grave of his previous "one true love" because that's not weird at all! Also if EON has to tell you their car chase is "action packed" it's a safe bet it isn't.
I assumed it was going to be Mayday. They are probably ringing round '80s Bond girls as we speak. "Hello Tanya? This is Barbara Broccoli...hello? Hello? OK, next...hello Maryam?"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Screenrant.com: Since James Bond is retired from MI6 in Bond 25, that means there's a vacancy that needs to be filled. Looking at Bond 25's cast list, there's no one who fits the bill better than Lashana Lynch, who has proved she has the ability to tackle key roles in big franchise movies thanks to Captain Marvel. Her Maria Rambeau was one of the film's highlights, and showcased her charisma and emotional range, as well as the fact she can play a kick-ass Air Force pilot. They're all qualities that would translate well to 007. She's also the only British actor among the new cast members, which sounds like a minor detail but means she'd slot right in at MI6, because that's where Bond typically puts its Brits. James Bond will presumably reclaim his 007 moniker in Bond 25, which might be bad news for Lynch's character, but it nonetheless signals a changing of the guard. Bond has always been about re-setting with each new actor in the role, but this could even prepare it for greater continuity because it actively changes the person using the 007 codename, which means it can happen again after this. It also tests the water for a female Bond in the future too, by establishing that a woman can take on the 007 mantle. It'd be a great twist not just for Bond 25 and Craig's character, but potentially the whole franchise going forward as well.-------------If true, Broccoli has her fingerprints all over this nonsense :!: 007 given to a woman? How un-Fleming can they get :?: :!: :hair:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

If female Bond is what awaits us in the future then I am truly out. :jack:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bond 26 title: "007"-------starring Nita, Juanita as 007 :roll: