The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:07 am I concur either cheap "search engine" shenanigans, or EON testing the waters on their front runner, absolutely nothing organic about this!
I still think the former explanation seems more likely. "Testing the waters" seems unnecessary when we already had all those stories a few months back about how he'd as good as been cast already, and that the official announcement was going to be made...well, some time around now. Plus, it would require some effort on EON's part, so I think we can discount that.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:42 pm First of all, who calls their father Cubby? It should be DADDY!
Trying to downplay her nepo baby credentials?
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Sweeney wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:30 am
bjmdds wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:22 pm It has been said here time and time again that Broccoli is NOT interested in going forward with this franchise. Her heart and soul remain in the past. She cannot get over the fact that Cr-egg is DONE and in her warped mind she wants to believe that the franchise cannot go forward after the past 18 years of her creation. ANYONE else running the show would have chosen a new actor 1 year ago and would be getting ready NOW to start filming it! Amazon is letting her dwell in her own sick fantasies. UNTIL a new boy toy strikes deep into her psyche, DORMANCY will remain for the series and moth balls might be the final verdict! She truly is demented and is allowed to run and ruin a billion dollar entity! ONE film since 2015 sums it up!
I'm back again. And totally agree with this from BJ.

WTF is going on at EON? No urgency for a new script? No urgency for a new actor?

Taylor Johnson seems to be a decent candidate, but I'm guessing Babs will go for a left field choice instead at the last minute. She is ruining her dad's legacy. NTTD was on TV again last night and it really is awful. Probably the worst film in the franchise (that used to be DAD for me). Killing off Bond was the worst decision she has made as producer, and my re-evaluation of Craig now his tenure is over is this - he is the worst actor to play Bond. I cannot stand him now. CR is the only decent film he was in, and that film works because of the script and direction, but not because of him playing Bond.

Rant over! :hair:
Holy cow, the Sweeney has returned! Where has he been the past year? Stop by more often! YOU cannot stand Cr-egg NOW? :!: Oh baby, if only the rest of the Cr-egg fanatics felt like you now. We have been against this sloth since October 2005 and what the Cubby offspring are doing to this franchise is a disgrace! Where is the urgency by Amazon to kick her rear end into high gear and where is M G Wilson's input to stand up to his lunatic sibling? A billion dollar franchise is being held hostage by a woman living in the past tense of her desires and cannot let go!
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:08 pm ...it would require some effort on EON's part, so I think we can discount that.
Of course! Why didn't I think of that? EON's Razor which states, "Any rumor that relies on the producers expending any energy can be immediately disregarded."
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Sweeney! You’ve been on my mind and I’m glad to see you’ve returned 💯
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
The Sweeney
Favorite Bond Movie: OHMSS, GF, LTK, CR, FRWL
Favorite Movies: Bullitt, The Long Good Friday, The Towering Inferno, Jaws, Rocky, Superman the Movie, McVicar, Goodfellas, Get Carter, Three Days of the Condor, Butch & Sundance, The Sting, All the Presidents Men

Post by The Sweeney »

kater23 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:54 pm Sweeney! You’ve been on my mind and I’m glad to see you’ve returned 💯
Thanks Kater
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Lately we’ve had(to turn a phrase)all four (silly ) seasons in one day.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:41 am Image
This book is eerily similar to the non-Bond "Bond" comic book I found a couple years ago:
http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/b ... ous-comic/
Little to no Bond and instead focus' on the new incidental characters crated by the author because they don't have the desire and the talent to keep within the framework of the source material.
In reality we have to face facts, Bond as we knew and loved him is deader than fried chicken. I hate to be a pessimist, but facts are facts, Babz isn't going to suddenly have an epiphany and return James to form. Nor shall we put any stock in the false hope of another stepping in to take the reins, Babz will never leave and those groomed to take over (Michael Wilson's children) aren't any better. Couple this with Hollyweird's insistence on pushing their message and Bond is kaput, done, dusted, a thing of the past and at this point I'm just sitting back with a marshmallow on a stick and watching it all burn.
The book series the Fleming family runs is constantly trying to reinvent James Bond, the worst was Sebastian faulks and his trying to copy Ian Fleming ‘s style the other books I really don’t know about. They really don’t let the author flesh out the bond universe.
Bond cinematic universe has been out of fresh ideas since goldeneye, i could argue tnd and twine, but ge was the last really fresh bond adventure far as the writers go Babs is writing and rewriting the script as production is filming. No ideas and no desire to produce anything worth a d**n .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Jason wrote:Btw- check out the replies on the tweet I shared. Babz and Michael get hammered.
There are still plenty of bootlickers posting things like "Daniel Craig, the only James Bond". But it's heartening to see the number of people telling them to hurry up and choose his successor already.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Cubby would have never hired Craig, it he had he should have fired him when he tried all those stunts to get new contracts . After cr he balked about coming back to get a significant pay raise. No way in hell would cubby let Craig add producer to his name or decide that the main character in the franchise dies .

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:07 am I concur either cheap "search engine" shenanigans, or EON testing the waters on their front runner, absolutely nothing organic about this!
I still think the former explanation seems more likely. "Testing the waters" seems unnecessary when we already had all those stories a few months back about how he'd as good as been cast already, and that the official announcement was going to be made...well, some time around now. Plus, it would require some effort on EON's part, so I think we can discount that.
They do test waters . Before they officially cast Craig and before the newspaper tricked his mom in telling them Craig had the role . Craig’s name came out of no where at the bookie sites and there was a backlash against it early on. Enough that Judi Dench was sent out to calm fans and say brosnan would return, this was very early days. We find out much later bsns basically signed Craig 2004 behind closed doors, he goes to the gym for a year and checks in to hotels as jimmy bond to try it out. The rest of the cast who regularly return to the series keep their schedules open to accommodate on bond. Prepared never had any intention of going back there only person she rehired was Judi Dench. Bond Involves a history where there could be an actor sign, but not actually gonna get the role just sort of a placeholder. but honestly, I don’t think she has any intention of actually producing more movies not until she’s forced to.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Kristatos wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:08 pm ...it would require some effort on EON's part, so I think we can discount that.
Of course! Why didn't I think of that? EON's Razor which states, "Any rumor that relies on the producers expending any energy can be immediately disregarded."
Lol. Perfect

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

To be fair, anyone trying to imitate Sir Roger is going to have a hard time convincing people that they're the genuine article. Image

kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Twice now I’ve seen Aston Martin SUV’s.

1)I didn’t even know they make SUV’s(though I’m not surprised)

2) People where I live have a lot of disposable income :mrgreen:

(EDITED.)
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Criminy..I figured they’d jack up prices for stuff for the Coronation but Fortum And Mason gets the award. 50 pounds for something that everywhere else would be WAY less than that?SMH.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

"Succession" star Brian Cox hosts a new reality competition series inspired by James Bond, called "007's Road to a Million," for Amazon Prime.
Brian Cox still has some work to do. The “Succession” star plays the “tormentor” once again in a new reality competition series inspired by James Bond, titled “007’s Road to a Million,” according to the Hollywood Reporter. “I got to see how ordinary people would cope with being on a James Bond adventure,” Cox, 76, said about his new role, according to the outlet. Cox will host as “The Controller” – a k a the emcee – who decides the future of contestants on the new Amazon Studios game show. The series features two-person teams competing to win $1.2 million, shot in locations that are relevant to James Bond, such as the Scottish Highlands, Jamaica and Venice, Italy. “As they travel the world to some of the most iconic Bond locations, it gets more intense and nail-biting,” Cox continued. “I enjoyed my role as both villain and tormentor, with license to put the hopeful participants through the mangle.” The show will launch in late 2023 on Amazon’s Prime Video in collaboration with the James Bond franchise producers, EON Production.........so it is 2023, Cr-egg STILL has not been replaced as Bond, only ONE film has been made since 2015, and THIS is what Broccoli is wasting her time with :?: :hair: :cuss: :Bonk: Get The Sweeney back in here to figure this one out!
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

He could do so much better…
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Denise Richards was disappointed by reactions to her James Bond role. While speaking with Variety at the premiere of her new series Paper Empire, Richards, 52, said she was "panned" for her role in 1999's The World Is Not Enough, in which she played Dr. Christmas Jones opposite then-007 actor Pierce Brosnan.

"It broke my heart that people were making fun of me," the actress said, recalling criticisms of her character that included insults like: "Oh, really? You're wearing shorts and you're a nuclear scientist?"

"I'm playing a Bond girl. If I wore a lab coat and pants and a suit, then [fans] would have been upset, like, 'Okay, why isn't she looking like a sexy Bond girl?' " the actress added........poor thing!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Some actresses can pull off looking sexy and intelligent at the same time. Denise Richards was not one of them. I could buy Lois Chiles as an astrophysicist, with a bit of wilful suspension of disbelief. Richards as a nuclear scientist, not so much.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Much like Craig and his "blonde hair," she clings to one weak argument to defend against the torrent of criticism. M'lady, your short pant legs were not the problem. It was the fact that you were short on talent.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Not Nond related but..my niece is going to UC Davis in the fall!