The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Atticus
Lieutenant

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Atticus »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: How come Billie Eilish wears clothes that are too big, and Craig wears clothes that are too small?
I can explain about Craig. His Bond has gay qualities. A while back, I casually brought up the same thing with my daughter and her co-workers. They're in the fashion industry. They giggled at my lack of awareness, saying it's a style for gay men to dress that way. They said all their gay co-workers dressed that way. Craig actually reminds me of the parody of the gay cop in Wild Hogs. Note the tight-fitted shirt:

Last edited by Atticus on Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

In case this hasn't been discussed: Because of the coronavirus outbreak, the China premiere and PR tour of NTTD are canceled.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/no-ti ... 202211717/

Excerpt:
The economic toll is already being felt by Hollywood. China has the world’s second-largest box office; a strong showing there is crucial for the success of films in the franchise era.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:In case this hasn't been discussed: Because of the coronavirus outbreak, the China premiere and PR tour of NTTD are canceled.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/02/no-ti ... 202211717/

Excerpt:
The economic toll is already being felt by Hollywood. China has the world’s second-largest box office; a strong showing there is crucial for the success of films in the franchise era.

And EON tailors scripts to the approval of Chinese censors. China is the second biggest foreign market for bond, uk is the biggest, last time china was $85 million to the total which was weak but better than SF. China can kill franchise in their mark too like Star Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote: How come Billie Eilish wears clothes that are too big, and Craig wears clothes that are too small?
I can explain about Craig. His Bond has gay qualities. A while back, I casually brought up the same thing with my daughter and her co-workers. They're in the fashion industry. They giggled at my lack of awareness, saying it's a style for gay men to dress that way. They said all their gay co-workers dressed that way. Craig actually reminds me of the parody of the gay cop in Wild Hogs. Note the tight-fitted shirt:

Craig’s fan base before bond was some of the gay community. And the reverse honey Ryder out of the sea became another iconic gay scene. We could add to this but I’m not that interested in listing all the crap EON did. I don’t care if anybody is gay strait or whatever, any discussion quickly becomes political even if the discussion was just about facts.

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Mexican Staring Frog wrote:bjmdds, what does that name stand for?!

I’m back because as Adele once said... “THIS IS THE END”, as far as Craiggers is concerned, so as Jinx said to Bond... “looks like we’re going down together! (And not in the suggestive way, NO SIRRIE)
It is an amalgam of name and degree. It is good to have you back and with only 6 weeks to go before the curtain is brought down on Broccoli's 15 year long nightmare :!: We will celebrate together once the bell tolls on Cr-egg as Bond shortly. I strongly doubt EON brings him back for the next film, which if it is not already planned will miss its the 60th anniversary release. 2002 had a film-----2012 had a film-----will 2022?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Atticus wrote:

Atticus------Atticus------Atticus-----is back for the big finish :!:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Not only have they been cancelling film premieres but also NY Fashion Week and the Venice Carnaval :shock:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

kater23 wrote:Not only have they been cancelling film premieres but also NY Fashion Week and the Venice Carnaval :shock:
it’s the smart thing to do, a lot of people in small building or any building is where these things spread.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Billie Eilish Thinks Michael B. Jordan Should Be the Next Bond----the "No Time to Die" singer said Jordan would "kill it" as 007.---------now we see where she is coming from------gloves are now off-----she is a jerk and has NO concept of the franchise's roots :!:----------father and daughter: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]"THIS WILL BE THE FINAL CHAPTER FOR DANIEL CR-EGG"-----it better be Cary :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

NTTD will be the longest ever Bond film, at 2 hours and 43 minutes. It seems they're determined to prolong the agony.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote:NTTD will be the longest ever Bond film, at 2 hours and 43 minutes. It seems they're determined to prolong the agony.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Imagine being forced to sit through three hours of a Craig Bond in the cinema. :hair:

Will the Chinese virus have an effect on the box office? Imagine if 4 hours into the movie Craig is doing a great scene, staring at a wall in the dark (to show he is human etc) and there are several people coughing behind you. :evil:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It’s still got just over a month to go, I’d imagine most of the world with decent healthcare will be moving on from coronavirus.
China already canceled the premier and it probably will be a factor in Asia.

Now if the worst fears are right and it spreads faster than Ebola it might be the deciding factor

With the long run time it’s already limited, forecasts were in the $75 to 100 million range for opening weekend. But that’s based on the standard November release dates, who knows how aware of the shift to April or if the audience cares it’s Craig’s last bond movie, he’s given the impression he’s out for the last two movies as well.

So far this year Hollywood was surprised by what the audience has done, sure hits struggle and sure flops win.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

President Trump gave a press conference update last night on the coronavirus-------ABC-----CBS------NBC------did NOT televise it :!: That is all one needs to know about the corrupt major USA media outlets in the USA. By April the virus should hopefully be phasing out so this can be put in the rear view mirror once and for all. I would still like to know what the hell went on in China to initiate this virus :!:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

bjmdds wrote:. I would still like to know what the hell went on in China to initiate this virus :!:
It came from one of those horrible Chinese food markets.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/china-coronavirus
The disease appears to have originated from a Wuhan seafood market where wild animals, including marmots, birds, rabbits, bats and snakes, are traded illegally. Coronaviruses are known to jump from animals to humans, so it’s thought that the first people infected with the disease – a group primarily made up of stallholders from the seafood market – contracted it from contact with animals.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:
bjmdds wrote:. I would still like to know what the hell went on in China to initiate this virus :!:
It came from one of those horrible Chinese food markets.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/china-coronavirus
The disease appears to have originated from a Wuhan seafood market where wild animals, including marmots, birds, rabbits, bats and snakes, are traded illegally. Coronaviruses are known to jump from animals to humans, so it’s thought that the first people infected with the disease – a group primarily made up of stallholders from the seafood market – contracted it from contact with animals.
Supposedly this virus originated in bats 70 years ago and in the last year it jumped to humans because of people eating raw bats.

The food situation in China is bad, the crap choices in food for most regions is because that are starving otherwise. This particular market has a very bad reputation apparently other sicknesses were spread through there before this

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote: Supposedly this virus originated in bats 70 years ago and in the last year it jumped to humans because of people eating raw bats.
So how come Ozzy Osbourne didn't catch it?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote: Supposedly this virus originated in bats 70 years ago and in the last year it jumped to humans because of people eating raw bats.
So how come Ozzy Osbourne didn't catch it?
Because he's the Prince of bloody Darkness!

He probably gave the bat rabies when he bot it.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Dr. Drew knows his corona onions :!:
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me

Has this been banned too?