The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Omega wrote:It would fit, if they had a script or thought they want to make that scene one day.
Do eon own aircraft ? All of the boats and planes from the series seem to end up at airshows or museums, dose t look like they hold on to much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Some of them end up in American Pickers style junkyards.

Hope it is not OHMSS related given the ending of last Craig movie. :hair:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It make more sense from a Bond POV for EON to buy a Bell 206 JetRanger

............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I think QOS had a Bell like the one supposedly purchased. GoldenEye was the movie I keep picturing.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Supposedly EON bought the helicopter for Bond. Not sure if this isn't fake news.

If they did buy it it makes my mind go to a retro movie where the bell is new or like Drake said press conference

My money's on press conference, if the story is true. Why would they be buying props, and expensive ones at that, when they don't even have a script yet? Hopefully, it will be used to fly in Aidan Turner for the big announcement (hey, I can dream).
I can already see him getting off that helicopter in a dapper suit. :clap: Aaand...the tune starts. :007:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

Count_Lippe wrote:I think Steven Seagal is a much better actor than Pierce Brosnan.

[video][/video]
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Any official word on brosnan and deadpool 2? Fanboy sites are excited some saying Cable is so awesome a character you need someone like brosnan to pull it off because he was a kick ass bond. That's kind of new these guys usually take a piss on DAD but then these aren't bond fans defending Craig they are fans of cable and deadpool which I'd think has more influence in Hollywood right now

bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Lion From Zion • 6 days ago
He is a great actor... but Cable is ripped and is always being depicted as much larger than Deadpool. I dont see Brosnan being larger than Ryan Reynolds. Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It all costuming really. Craig isn't 5ft 11 tall and he has his little platform shoes.

You'd have to get the Rock to get someone bigger than Ryan Reynolds he's 6'2

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blake Lively, wife of Deadpool in real life: And on the liberal front, Lively is so far left, she’s rooting for her kids to be gay so she can share her fashion sense with them, saying: I hope to have a few girls one day. If not girls, they better be trannies. Because I have some amazing shoes and bags and stories that need to be appreciated. :hair:
FormerBondFan
Favorite Bond Movie: The Dark Knight Trilogy, Mission: Impossible, Kingsman: The Secret Service and The November Man or any upcoming actioners starring Pierce Brosnan (no, it's not James Bond which is good since it will help him expand his reputation as an actor especially in the action realm)
Favorite Movies: Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Star Trek
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Harry Potter
Middle-Earth
The Matrix
Mission: Impossible
The Mummy
Jurassic Park
Godzilla

Post by FormerBondFan »

bjmdds wrote:Lion From Zion • 6 days ago
He is a great actor... but Cable is ripped and is always being depicted as much larger than Deadpool. I dont see Brosnan being larger than Ryan Reynolds. Image
Tom Hardy is 5'9'', and as Bane, he was made as tall as Christian Bale and Morgan Freeman in Rises.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Maybe if Pierce does get this job it will finally be his moment. His Grand Tour. Jeremy Clarkson dismissed unceremoniously from the BBC got his revenge with a show more Top Gear than Top Gear. I think this is what FBF has wanted for Pierce.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

As Carl pointed out in the Birthday thread, Happy Birthday Craig Not Bond Forum! :happybd: :party:
Tenth year of the forum, meaning 11 years of Craig Not Bond, 2016 was the tenth year of Craig Not Bond can't think of a better way to celebrate that than Dirty Benny rants published on the front page. To my mind very similar to the spirit of the original founders of Craig Not Bond. :cheers: :cheers:
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Blowfeld wrote:Maybe if Pierce does get this job it will finally be his moment. His Grand Tour. Jeremy Clarkson dismissed unceremoniously from the BBC got his revenge with a show more Top Gear than Top Gear. I think this is what FBF has wanted for Pierce.
Perhaps not the best example, as I believe that the ratings were disappointing considering the money invested in it.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
Blowfeld wrote:Maybe if Pierce does get this job it will finally be his moment. His Grand Tour. Jeremy Clarkson dismissed unceremoniously from the BBC got his revenge with a show more Top Gear than Top Gear. I think this is what FBF has wanted for Pierce.
Perhaps not the best example, as I believe that the ratings were disappointing considering the money invested in it.
Is it? Last stories I saw had it as one of the biggest for Amazon, in December there was a story about it being the most illegally pirated show ever. No idea how Amazon makes sense out of their business models I suppose both could be true and it is a disappointment. One thing is certain Top Gear is a disappointment, BBC screwed up the show. However I still have animus toward auntie for cancelling Doctor Who in 1989.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, maybe I'm wrong. It's hard to tell, as Amazon don't release viewing figures for their streaming shows. Though I'm not sure that "most pirated show" is the sort of success they're looking for!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blowfeld wrote:As Carl pointed out in the Birthday thread, Happy Birthday Craig Not Bond Forum! :happybd: :party:
Tenth year of the forum, meaning 11 years of Craig Not Bond, 2016 was the tenth year of Craig Not Bond can't think of a better way to celebrate that than Dirty Benny rants published on the front page. To my mind very similar to the spirit of the original founders of Craig Not Bond. :cheers: :cheers:
Who thought it would last? We did, just like the knight guarding the Holy Grail in Indy 3 :!: He never gave up. :clap: I think we have made some sort of a difference in the worldwide Bond fandom. :happy spin:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Who thought it would last? We did, just like the knight guarding the Holy Grail in Indy 3
I think most of us were hoping that Craig would be gone by now, and that we would have converted into a general Bond fan forum.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Who thought it would last? We did, just like the knight guarding the Holy Grail in Indy 3
I think most of us were hoping that Craig would be gone by now, and that we would have converted into a general Bond fan forum.
I am most surprised by reality, the fantasy world of Bond actors holding the role ten years on is fairly common with the exceptions of George Lazenby and Timothy, Pierce was assumed to be Bond in 2004-05, Sean was Bond until somewhere in August 1972, Roger was Bond until December 1985 where he announced his retirement again. Daniel still holding the job if only in title is disappointing because I had hopes he would move on or fulfilled is contract long before now. I never expected him to be so coddled by the media and the Broccoli family, better men, better actors were fired for far less than what Daniel has pulled. Somehow this curmudgeon remains on EONs first call list.

Ten years ago if anyone had told me Brexit, Trump, Obama, to name three were possible I would have balked. Reality is more surprising than Hollywood which remains depressingly simple to predict.

Speaking of, I am left wondering how real world events will affect Bond movies going forward. After all 9/11 was supposedly the motivation to jettison the baggage of Ian Fleming's and Cubby's Bond. The end of the Cold War supposedly forced Bond to reorganise in the mid nineties. I am not sure the Jason Borne lite approach to Bond is relevant any more.
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Kristatos wrote:OK, maybe I'm wrong. It's hard to tell, as Amazon don't release viewing figures for their streaming shows. Though I'm not sure that "most pirated show" is the sort of success they're looking for!
I tried finding out how well GT did for Amazon, only solid info was they had "triple" The Man in the High Castle (pick any imaginary number and triple it I guess), with around 2 million in the coveted 18-49 age demo with no word on total worldwide viewership. I believe Top Gear was a higher audience draw on a weekly basis, this could be wrong since Amazon will not say.

From the outside looking in I thought it was a successful endeavour thoroughly rebuking the BBC top brass for their hubris. Reality is these streaming services such as Amazon do not want to give out the real data because I suppose broadcast viewership dwarfs them still. The 21 million illegal downloads were over the first three shows, however while hurting Amazon I suppose demonstrates a demand for the show. In my book I will chalk it up to a win for W. Chump and Sons ( the production company Clarkson, May, Hammond and Wilman created), irony would be if the high cost helped end Amazon's dominance. Althou Clarkson and co. deny the total cost rumours attributing them to Netflix and the Daily Mail, if I have learned anything over the last ten years it's the Entertainment Media do not need facts or sources to publish. Still I would not be bothered if Amazon took it on the chin to once. They are essentially the company store I owe my soul too, d**n their next day delivery!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I don't think it was "hubris" for the BBC to sack Clarkson for assaulting his producer. I wouldn't expect to keep my job if I punched my line manager. I wonder how long the boom in streaming services is going to last. I suspect that in the future, we'll see less original programming and more reliance on bought-in movies and TV shows.