The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

I won't be holding my breath. Craig was announced 13 months before CR was released. Given the speed at which modern Bond films are produced, there's no guarantee that there will be an announcement this year.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:49 pm Liam Neeson revealed something: He almost, but not really, could have played James Bond. He recalled the period before Pierce Brosnan got the job of breathing new life into a dormant screen character. Neeson claimed to be one of the actors they were vaguely considering. (“They sent out feelers.”) He was never offered the role but even if he had been, he would have had to turn it down.

“I remember my dear, departed wife [Natasha Richardson, who died in 2009] said to me — we were shooting a film in North Carolina called Nell — and she looked at me straight in the face and she said, ‘Liam, if you’re offered this and if you do it, you know we can’t get married,’” he recalled. “And that was it.
He was the favourite to play Bond in Kevin McClory's 90's attempt to make another Bond movie.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Brosnan was disappointed when he found out that he wouldn’t be returning after 2002’s Die Another Day. “I was in the Bahamas, working on a movie called After the Sunset, and my agents called me up and said, ‘Negotiations have stopped,’” Brosnan recalled. “‘[Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson] are not quite sure what they want to do. They’ll call you next Thursday.’ I sat in Richard Harris’ house in the Bahamas, and Barbara and Michael were on the line — ‘We’re so sorry.’ She was crying, Michael was stoic and he said, ‘You were a great James Bond. Thank you very much,’ and I said, ‘Thank you very much. Goodbye.’ That was it. I was utterly shocked and just kicked to the curb with the way it went down.” https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/pie ... ond-movies
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:31 pm Brosnan was disappointed when he found out that he wouldn’t be returning after 2002’s Die Another Day. “I was in the Bahamas, working on a movie called After the Sunset, and my agents called me up and said, ‘Negotiations have stopped,’” Brosnan recalled. “‘[Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson] are not quite sure what they want to do. They’ll call you next Thursday.’ I sat in Richard Harris’ house in the Bahamas, and Barbara and Michael were on the line — ‘We’re so sorry.’ She was crying, Michael was stoic and he said, ‘You were a great James Bond. Thank you very much,’ and I said, ‘Thank you very much. Goodbye.’ That was it. I was utterly shocked and just kicked to the curb with the way it went down.” https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/pie ... ond-movies
I've heard this story before but got to say, Babz crying, now that's rich! Isn't she the one who demanded Brozza be canned so she could give her boy toy Dan the role? Look I get you don't want to be cold and just say "Duces, catch you on the flippity flop!" But come on turning on the waterworks and sobbing crocodile tears just makes you out to be a sociopath.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Melissa Gilbert is at Chiller Theatre this weekend: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

ImageSo is Seinfeld's the soup nazi:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Even Strickland from Back To The Future is there as a slacker: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Jamie Farr from MASH is there: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

"Lost" Ian Fleming Moonraker screenplay uncovered: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/ ... nraker-007

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

dirtybenny wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:29 pm
bjmdds wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:31 pm Brosnan was disappointed when he found out that he wouldn’t be returning after 2002’s Die Another Day. “I was in the Bahamas, working on a movie called After the Sunset, and my agents called me up and said, ‘Negotiations have stopped,’” Brosnan recalled. “‘[Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson] are not quite sure what they want to do. They’ll call you next Thursday.’ I sat in Richard Harris’ house in the Bahamas, and Barbara and Michael were on the line — ‘We’re so sorry.’ She was crying, Michael was stoic and he said, ‘You were a great James Bond. Thank you very much,’ and I said, ‘Thank you very much. Goodbye.’ That was it. I was utterly shocked and just kicked to the curb with the way it went down.” https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/pie ... ond-movies
I've heard this story before but got to say, Babz crying, now that's rich! Isn't she the one who demanded Brozza be canned so she could give her boy toy Dan the role? Look I get you don't want to be cold and just say "Duces, catch you on the flippity flop!" But come on turning on the waterworks and sobbing crocodile tears just makes you out to be a sociopath.
Agree with DB. Babz always wanted to dump Pierce. John Calley made Babz and Eon dump Dalton (who was awesome in the role) for PB. She was always mad over that.
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

Get ready everybody Jamie Bell is Not James Bond.

https://screenrant.com/jamie-bell-james ... -response/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jason wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:50 pm Get ready everybody Jamie Bell is Not James Bond.

Good. Nothing against the bloke, I just don't see him as Bond.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

"I am giving you the boot because I want to but am craying over it" is just an odd scenario all around. Can't imagine it myself.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Jason wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:50 pm Get ready everybody Jamie Bell is Not James Bond.

That’s been covered previously, but yeah..I have to agree. :Happy:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

First of all, since when does Macbeth look like this :?: :!: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/oq3vqmPRitE Image This critic here in NY nailed it, Bond style to boot! It disgusts me that this prehistoric incarnate has earned millions acting with literally NO looks and NO talent :!: Who are the idiots that applaud this garbage? The world has definitely gone mad.......... ‘Macbeth’ Broadway review: Daniel Craig play is a Disaster Royale:
https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/macbeth-b ... -disaster/
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

LOL! Only goes to show what I've always said, Babz is out of her depth as a producer. Amazing how the "best actor to ever play Bond" can get upstaged by a woman who's biggest films were "W.H.O. Doctor" in World War Z and deleted scenes from 12 Years A Slave!

Gotta love that paisley robe, very "shagadelic!"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Veronica wrote:
"I am giving you the boot because I want to but am craying over it" is just an odd scenario all around. Can't imagine it myself.
This has been retold so many times. Knowing what we know now Babs was the only driving factor firing brosnan and was already promising the role to Craig.
Obviously the pr machine polished this up, changed cackling like a maniac to was crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

Witches, regicide, beheadings and descents into madness are made as boring and convoluted as “Quantum of Solace.”

Ouch.
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

dirtybenny wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:57 am LOL! Only goes to show what I've always said, Babz is out of her depth as a producer. Amazing how the "best actor to ever play Bond" can get upstaged by a woman who's biggest films were "W.H.O. Doctor" in World War Z and deleted scenes from 12 Years A Slave!

Gotta love that paisley robe, very "shagadelic!"
I am wondering, what's the performance that made Craig unanimously thought of as "the best actor to play Bond"?
Granted, I've only seen him in Knives Out and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo outside of his Bond movies and while I think he was... fine in those roles I don't find his performance in either movie particularly thrilling.
Last edited by Veronica on Mon May 02, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.