The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Well, with sequel/potential franchises one of the big problems is quality. You get me?If they (heaven forbid) get to Knives Out 5 and it’s terrible then nobody is going to want to watch it. I’d be very careful when it comes to any sort of sequels if I were the producers/writers.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

kater23 wrote:Well, with sequel/potential franchises one of the big problems is quality. You get me?If they (heaven forbid) get to Knives Out 5 and it’s terrible then nobody is going to want to watch it. I’d be very careful when it comes to any sort of sequels if I were the producers/writers.
Yeah, that's what happened with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Ha..the perfect example. :mrgreen:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The Rhythm Section barely got to $1 million for the entire weekend here and yet it played in over 3000 theaters again :!: This must be another record set by Broccoli for an all time low second weekend box office total in that amount of theaters. Nice going EON. :Bonk:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The Rhythm Section barely got to $1 million for the entire weekend here and yet it played in over 3000 theaters again :!: This must be another record set by Broccoli for an all time low second weekend box office total in that amount of theaters. Nice going EON. :Bonk:
There was probably some sort of contractual obligation for those cinemas to play the film for a minimum of two weeks, which is the norm with studio pics. Watch the screen count drop like a stone next week.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

How many 'losers' accepting their Oscars tonight go political?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Wonder Woman potential spoiler, for those so inclined to be in the know:
Spoiler
Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor: Diana gets Steve back by accidentally wishing him alive again. The problem is, Steve is in the body of another man only she sees as Steve. Her wish also costs her some of her invincibility as bullets and knives can now hurt her. But it might be much more than just her invincibility. One user who claims to have seen the test screening notes, “Diana is fairly powerless through most of the movie because she lost most of her powers due to making a wish on the stone, since it works like a Monkey’s Paw and each wish exacts a price from the wisher.” In the end, the guy that Steve Trevor possesses doesn’t remember anything, and strikes up a conversation with Diana — and she agrees to go out on a date with him!”
---------- :roll:
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Billie Eilish has going to be singing during the “In Memoriam” segment on the Oscars. :|
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] It is interesting to see how FOUR actors in this wretched film from 2009 ever made it into several BIG action roles going forward------1) Ryan Reynolds goes on to be the Green Lantern, Deadpool, and and an X-Man---------2)Kristen Stewart moves on to be the lead character Bella in the Twilight anthology----------3 Jesse Eisenberg portrayed Lex Luthor------------------4)Kristen Wiig will now play the Cheetah in the new Wonder Woman film-----all 4 of these people lack charisma and screen presence and are a poor excuse of Hollywood talent the past decade------but to all come from this one small horrible film is an interesting occurrence.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

I just saw the trailer for a movie Jesse Eisenberg is in where he plays a resistance fighter in World War II who uses Marcel Marceau as his alias-and yes, it’s the same Marcel Marceau! :shock:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

“The Batman” stars Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as the Riddler, Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner James Gordon, John Turturro as Carmine Falcone, Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál, Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth, and Colin Farrell as the Penguin.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Choosing to stay in a vacuum and NOT watch the Oscars.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Well these idiots did not take Ricky Gervais' advice at the Golden Globes. It started out as we predicted, with Brad Pitttttt, emphasis on the pitttttt, talking about John Bolton testifying at the impeachment sham and asking Tarantino to do a film where grown-ups come up with the right decision. :jack: It concluded with WA-WA-WA KEEN Phoenix and Reneeeeee Zellwegger lecturing the world about what is good and what is not. In fact, WA-WA-WA KEEN rambled on so incoherently to the point he should be deemed clinically insane :!: Something happens to actors who portray the Joker, as was the case with Heath Ledger. Reneeeeee Zellwegger's facial botox must be seeping into her cranial cavity as well upon listening to her drivel. The lowlight of the evening was green-haired EYE-lash putting everyone to sleep with her whispering rendition of Yesterday by the Beatles. To top it all off, earlier in night, Shia LaBeouf was accused of laughing at his co-star with Down syndrome when they presented an award. :shock: A complete waste of time as usual was had by all.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:“The Batman” stars Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as the Riddler, Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner James Gordon, John Turturro as Carmine Falcone, Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál, Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth, and Colin Farrell as the Penguin.
And at least one scene is being shot in my hometown, with St Nicholas Market in Bristol doubling for an indoor market in Gotham City.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

This Oscars tweet made me laugh:Image

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The results are in: The 92nd Academy Awards has hit an all-time low in ratings :!: In the 2020 ceremony, the Academy Awards went host-less for the second year in a row. After 2019’s host-less 91st Academy Awards — host-less following the Kevin Hart controversy — marked a ratings uptick, bouncing back from the previous show’s all-time low rating (26.5 million viewers), the awards show attempted to stick with what worked before. Instead, ratings plummeted to their LOWEST EVER :!: :cheers: This year’s Academy Awards telecast on ABC attracted an average audience of 23.6 million total viewers, down from last year’s viewership numbers of 29.6 million. On top of that, based on Nielsen’s Live + Same Day Fast National Ratings, this year’s Academy Awards ceremony also delivered a 5.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic and a 13.6 household rating (percentage of U.S. TV home). Those numbers are significantly down from last year’s rating (7.7) in the same demographic and household rating (16.5).-----------liberalism in Hollywood is destroying the industry, as people are turned off by these dolts that think they matter in life. The end result will occur in November here at the ballot boxes :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Well, 23.6 million viewers is nothing to be sneezed at. It will probably still be the most-watched programme of the week. But I do wonder what could be done to reverse the decline. My only suggestion is to cut the running time to 2 hours and concentrate on the actual awards, rather than padding it out with cheesy production numbers. But then, the Superbowl got nearly twice as many viewers, and that has way more padding. I think somebody calculated that the actual amount of time that the sportsball players spent sportsing was only about 15 minutes, So I dunno. From what I remember from my time living in the States, the Superbowl is the only time that people actually tune in to watch the commercials. Maybe that's the answer.

I don't know that gagging the speeches will have any effect. They already tried cutting them down to one minute, and whilst I take your point about people not wanting to be preached at by overpaid celebrities, I don't think that replacing it with a minute of them thanking their Pilates trainer and their aromatherapist and their dog will be an improvement.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Hollywood is turning itself into a JERK-ASS-IC Park the past decade. The decline in viewership is due to the outright hatred a majority of Americans have for what is going on with these smug, overpaid and egotistical studio heads and the underlings they direct to do their bidding on the screens. The decline should continue going forward. The joke of it all is watching SUDDENLY frail Harvey Weinstein pushing his walker to and from his court appearances, when just a few short years ago he was jumping on top of anything that moved in front of him. Give the low-life an Oscar for his acting now :!: Society has had it with the direction Hollywood is going, and rightly so. Scorsese actually fell asleep during Eminem's pathetic rap rant :!: Priceless :!: [video][/video] [video][/video]
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Well, 23.6 million viewers is nothing to be sneezed at. It will probably still be the most-watched programme of the week. But I do wonder what could be done to reverse the decline. My only suggestion is to cut the running time to 2 hours and concentrate on the actual awards, rather than padding it out with cheesy production numbers. But then, the Superbowl got nearly twice as many viewers, and that has way more padding. I think somebody calculated that the actual amount of time that the sportsball players spent sportsing was only about 15 minutes, So I dunno. From what I remember from my time living in the States, the Superbowl is the only time that people actually tune in to watch the commercials. Maybe that's the answer.

I don't know that gagging the speeches will have any effect. They already tried cutting them down to one minute, and whilst I take your point about people not wanting to be preached at by overpaid celebrities, I don't think that replacing it with a minute of them thanking their Pilates trainer and their aromatherapist and their dog will be an improvement.
I think the oscars is still an event for most Americans, but there are a lot of other awards shows out there and most people are used to seeing movies they like snubbed for whatever weird Hollywood click is in at the moment.

It still matters to some people but not enough to ruin anybody’s day if they canceled it

Far as the speeches where to be more popular narcissistic actors throw out the correct politically correct gang signs, I think it hurts the movie industry brand and the brand stars used to have. We don’t have stars like we did in the old days part it the reason may be they reveal too much themselves to the public, nobody wants to invest their time liking these people to have them turn around to cheapen the experience when the actors go off endorsing some crazy cause: political, religious, environmental, drugs, sex, music, liberal, conservative, and curious.
IMHO the actors, producers and directors we feel the best about are not the ones trying to sell us some point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]