The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:09 pm
Skywalker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:49 pm
Spot on. I found myself wanting to watch AVTAK after listening to Nick Rhodes talk so enthusiastically and the JB score 🤔 😳
Although the way he tells the story of how he got the gig is slightly different from how I heard it, which is that he walked up to Cubby at that party and asked "Why don't you get someone good to do your theme song for a change?" Either that version of the story was embellished, or his older and wiser self is suitably embarrassed at his youthful arrogance, and has edited the story to make himself sound like less of a bellend.
They were one of the most popular groups in the world at the time so he can be forgiven :mrgreen: As I was a Duran Duran fan at the time,their doing a Bond theme was a BIG deal to me.I was smitten. :mrgreen:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

The No Time To Die director discusses the creative differences that led to his hiring, saying that Boyle's vision was more whimsical than the producers wanted for Craig's last Bond film. He also says that, after he was hired, he felt "a tremendous amount of freedom to reinterpret the character: Bond has a lot of [recurring] tropes, but I think what’s great about Daniel Craig’s run is just how much more raw and brutal and brooding he is. I much prefer that Bond than the one-eyebrow-up version.”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The No Time To Die director discusses the creative differences that led to his hiring, saying that Boyle's vision was more whimsical than the producers wanted for Craig's last Bond film. He also says that, after he was hired, he felt "a tremendous amount of freedom to reinterpret the character: Bond has a lot of [recurring] tropes, but I think what’s great about Daniel Craig’s run is just how much more raw and brutal and brooding he is. I much prefer that Bond than the one-eyebrow-up version.”
Again, please can you attribute your sources so that people can read more if they want to? This interview doesn't sound very promising. It does make me like the sound of Danny Boyle's version more, though!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

FFS, now Craig has been appointed an honorary commander in the Royal Navy. As far as I know, none of the proper Bond actors received such an honour:

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Says Broccoli: “I think people are coming around — with some kicking and screaming — to accepting that stuff is no longer acceptable. Thank goodness. Bond is a character who was written in 1952 and the first film [Dr. No] came out in 1962. He’s got a long history, and the history of the past is very different to the way he is being portrayed now. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235017724/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:08 pm
bjmdds wrote:The No Time To Die director discusses the creative differences that led to his hiring, saying that Boyle's vision was more whimsical than the producers wanted for Craig's last Bond film. He also says that, after he was hired, he felt "a tremendous amount of freedom to reinterpret the character: Bond has a lot of [recurring] tropes, but I think what’s great about Daniel Craig’s run is just how much more raw and brutal and brooding he is. I much prefer that Bond than the one-eyebrow-up version.”
Again, please can you attribute your sources so that people can read more if they want to? This interview doesn't sound very promising. It does make me like the sound of Danny Boyle's version more, though!

https://screenrant.com/no-time-die-dire ... -response/
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:08 pm FFS, now Craig has been appointed an honorary commander in the Royal Navy. As far as I know, none of the proper Bond actors received such an honour:

Where is his life preserver he wore the day Broccoli announced him as her new creation in 2005?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Bond was ‘basically’ a rapist in early films, says No Time to Die director: Cary Fukunaga cites scene from Thunderball that ‘wouldn’t fly today’ as new film aims to redress franchise’s gender politics. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/s ... hunderball
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:James Bond was ‘basically’ a rapist in early films, says No Time to Die director: Cary Fukunaga cites scene from Thunderball that ‘wouldn’t fly today’ as new film aims to redress franchise’s gender politics. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/s ... hunderball
Well, it's hard to argue with that to be honest, those scenes from Thunderball and Goldfinger do look decidedly uncomfortable now. But then so does Bond's treatment of Severine in Skyfall, which was made in an era where people supposedly knew better.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thanks.

Skywalker
Favorite Bond Movie: Live and Let Die
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Quantum of Solace.......Hmmm
Favorite Movies: Batman Begins
The Dark Knoght
Shawshank Redemption
Platoon
Top Gun
Aliens
Location: On the side of truth and honesty. No room for sheep - just shepherds.

Post by Skywalker »

[https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.derbys ... 4552%3famp]

This was filmed close to where I live.
“I'd like to thank the Royal Marines for bringing me in like that and scaring the s--- out of me,” Bond Hardman Daniel Craig.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thanks to Scribd, I have just discovered the existence of two novels by James Le Pore and Carlos Davis, No Dawn For Men and God's Formula that imagine Ian Fleming and JRR Tolkien as a pair of British spies on the eve of World War 2! I have no idea whether they're any good or not, but I thought I'd alert people here to their existence.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

So, less than a week to go before all the glitzy premieres for NTTD happen worldwide. There's a lot of talk on this forum about EON bribing critics in exchange for favourable reviews. To me, these events *are* the bribe. Critics from all the top legacy media outlets will be invited to these premieres, where they'll be wined and dined to the point where writing a bad review afterwards would seem...ungrateful somehow.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:44 am So, less than a week to go before all the glitzy premieres for NTTD happen worldwide. There's a lot of talk on this forum about EON bribing critics in exchange for favourable reviews. To me, these events *are* the bribe. Critics from all the top legacy media outlets will be invited to these premieres, where they'll be wined and dined to the point where writing a bad review afterwards would seem...ungrateful somehow.

Absolutely right! Here's professional YouTube shill John Campea who couldn't wait to leave the theater before licking his corporate master's boots, note the buffet and gift bags full of swag in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630Dv00f5LI
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Thoughts and prayers for you, DB. Less than a week to go before you endure this thing so that we don't have to. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:08 pm Thoughts and prayers for you, DB. Less than a week to go before you endure this thing so that we don't have to. Your sacrifice will be remembered.

LOL, thanks Kris, but surely you can't be serious?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote:
LOL, thanks Kris, but surely you can't be serious?
I am serious, and you know the rest

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli told Sky in the UK: “We focussed on making the films for theatrical release and… I think that’s our position. [Amazon] certainly have told us that the films will be theatrical films in the future. And we’ll see what happens.”---------------- Cr-egg discussed his career and his initial reticence to take on the Bond role. He recalled telling Broccoli: “I just said I can’t, I mean; I think you got the wrong guy. Thank you, flattering, but I think you’ve got the wrong guy.” He continued: “I didn’t realize Barbara had already made up her mind. You know, if you know Barbara, that means she’s made up her mind. It was just odd."-------------Broccoli runs the entire show. MGW is nowhere to be seen. https://deadline.com/2021/09/james-bond ... 234844366/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Urgh. Someone told me to listen to the track Matera from the NTTD soundtrack on Spotify, so I did. No spoilers, but the specific thing I was told to listen out for happens around the 35-second mark.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm Urgh. Someone told me to listen to the track Matera from the NTTD soundtrack on Spotify, so I did. No spoilers, but the specific thing I was told to listen out for happens around the 35-second mark.
Dear lord, have they no shame? They're even planting "Memberberries" in the soundtrack now!