The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by acid »

Kristatos wrote:Rachel Weisz is expecting a Craiglet.
Babs'll have it earmarked. A decade or two from now (at most) and it'll be Best. Bond. Eva. :roll: And Dan will be forced (with millions) to make regular cameos as its uncle. The reality of Bond now is so ridiculous, I don't even know if I'm joking anymore...
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Baby names? CR-EGG CRAIG
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Barbara if it's a girl, Barbara if it's a boy.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

This will be interesting..I read DC' s daughter is in her 20's, the stepson is 11. 11 years is a pretty big age gap between kids but not uncommon(heck, there are almost 8 years between the oldest and youngest kid(me) in our family.)

If Craiglet is out and about with its 20 something half sibling it's likely to be mistaken for their kid! :shock:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Danny has a daughter?! Guess who's playing Jane Bond in 2022!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:Danny has a daughter?! Guess who's playing Jane Bond in 2022!
People forget Craig has a grown daughter, and credit do to whoever for keeping her life from becoming a circus, could just be they are estranged and it was easy.

My guess is if the movie is delayed and becomes less viable, then Craig will use his kid, or whoever the real baby daddy is, as an excuse to quit. Saying with the birth of a new child he realized the bond movies had a toxic effect on society as a whole and would never change enough for him to feel comfortable being a part of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

With the upcoming Bond 25 expected to hit cinemas in November 2019, it will be a complicated time to shoot and promote such a major and time-consuming movie while also also welcoming a new child into his family. William Hill is already reducing the odds that Craig will quit as OO7 :!: :clap: The British bookies are offering odds of 10/1 that "Daniel Craig takes NO part in next Bond film :!: " :clap:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Verne Troyer.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Thunderball 1965's singer last night at the Queen's bash :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Barbara Broccoli, 52, said: ‘Ask any woman. He’s the most gorgeous man in the world. Brilliant actor, and he is the greatest Bond ever - I’m not letting him go, not for a long time.’ Barbara told the Daily Mirror in 2013 :!: :hair: Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Apparently Mrs Kristatos isn't "any woman", as she much prefers Pierce.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:Apparently Mrs Kristatos isn't "any woman", as she much prefers Pierce.
Not just Mrs Kristatos though. Wasn't there some sort "poll" where women were made to choose between Brosnan and Craig and 80% chose the former? I don't really know which women Barbara is really talking about. But the percentage of women who like Craig is WAY smaller than she thinks.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Barbara Broccoli, 52, said: ‘Ask any woman. He’s the most gorgeous man in the world. Brilliant actor, and he is the greatest Bond ever - I’m not letting him go, not for a long time.’ Barbara told the Daily Mirror in 2013 :!: :hair: Image

Funny, in less than 5 years we went from most gorgeous man in the world to T.U.B.A.P.B.S.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Barbara Broccoli, 52, said: ‘Ask any woman. He’s the most gorgeous man in the world. Brilliant actor, and he is the greatest Bond ever - I’m not letting him go, not for a long time.’ Barbara told the Daily Mirror in 2013 :!: :hair: Image

Funny, in less than 5 years we went from most gorgeous man in the world to T.U.B.A.P.B.S.
Babs always gushes about Craig, he looks like a thug, he hates making the movies, hates promoting the movies, hates the fans, hates the fame, looks much older than he is but he’s irreplaceable. If only her father were as sold on Connery as she is on Craig

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Omega wrote:
dirtybenny wrote:
Babs always gushes about Craig, he looks like a thug, he hates making the movies, hates promoting the movies, hates the fans, hates the fame, looks much older than he is but he’s irreplaceable. If only her father were as sold on Connery as she is on Craig
You know, I read a comment in an article about the surgery from a lady explaining that it was his "savage" look that she found attractive; the implication being that this effect was lost when the "crags" were smoothed off I suppose. I have no attraction to beings of his gender so I'm not really in a position to comment on it except to say that the thought turns my stomach.

I do get a sense sometimes that EON must start to feel damned if they do, damned if they don't, about most of the decisions they take about Bond now. Have crags, some complain, polish them out, others complain. Some critics yearn for the classic Bond elements, others mock them and demand arthouse prestige. Of course the real problem is the desperate determination that Bond must now be all things to all people. Have to create universal appeal and critical acclaim across all demographics, nations and markets.* Maximize the profits. It doesn't work though. The old Bond worked.

*Hey, I guess you could say they're trying to turn Bond into a Universal Export! :lol: I wonder if there was an in-joke in that name all along. But it was in the books so Fleming presumably came up with it. It makes sense for undercover work so he can be undercover doing pretty much anything but that doesn't mean Bond at his core should be pretty much anything!
Last edited by acid on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acid
Commander

Post by acid »

Hey did everyone catch this quote in the Variety article a couple weeks back?

'Craig had a Hamlet-like trajectory when it came to deciding whether or not to re-enter the world of global espionage, fast cars, and beautiful women. At one point he said he would “rather slash my wrists” than play Bond again and said he would only do another film “for the money.” Apparently, the studio paid him handsomely.'

They're not shy in still bringing that up huh? Will they still say it when it hits the box office though?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Seems weird that Craig was a young Bond on his first mission in his first movie.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:Seems weird that Craig was a young Bond on his first mission in his first movie.
ah bond becoming bond, maybe the fifth times the charm

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

acid wrote:Hey did everyone catch this quote in the Variety article a couple weeks back?

'Craig had a Hamlet-like trajectory when it came to deciding whether or not to re-enter the world of global espionage, fast cars, and beautiful women. At one point he said he would “rather slash my wrists” than play Bond again and said he would only do another film “for the money.” Apparently, the studio paid him handsomely.'

They're not shy in still bringing that up huh? Will they still say it when it hits the box office though?
no missed that. Poor Daniel . To be , or f**king slash his wrists

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Bill Cosby was convicted Thursday of drugging and molesting a woman in the first big celebrity trial of the #MeToo era, completing the spectacular late-life downfall of a comedian who broke racial barriers in Hollywood on his way to TV superstardom as America’s Dad. Cosby, 80, could end up spending his final years in prison after a jury concluded he sexually violated Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. He claimed the encounter was consensual.