The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

MSN.com POLL RESULTS:
Which of these movies do you think will win the most Oscars?
4%--Arrival
33%--La La Land
3%--Moonlight
60%-- haven't seen these/I don't know
Total responses: 241,612 votes-----it's glaringly obvious that people do NOT appreciate Hollywood's trash :ROFL:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I'm tempted to say that if you look at the box office charts, Hollywood's trash is exactly what people want.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Naomi Harris interview

Here's another one that cried during CR. Wow,what a load of bulls**t in this interview.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I cried during CR. But not for the same reasons.

Edited to add: I like the fact that they begin with my one-time sig quote.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

CR is not watchable with Cr-egg in the role. It's a boring mess and it started the reboot by Broccoli who admitted, "doing book one as film 21 makes NO sense, but it's fun." She does NOT know her onions at the helm of EON and her own halfwit half-brother knows she has an obsession with Cr-egg as well, as was evidenced by his pointing out her affinity for Cr-egg being shirtless. By the way, MGW's father was Lewis Wlson. Lewis Gilbert Wilson (January 28, 1920 – August 9, 2000) was an American actor from New York City who was most famous for being the first actor to play DC Comics character Batman on screen in the 1943 film serial Batman :!: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] Lewis Wilson.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ivan Koloff, knowing among wrestling fans as “The Russian Bear,” has died. He was 74. Koloff had been battling liver cancer and was in need of “urgent medical care,” according to a Go Fund Me page set up by his daughter, Rachel Marley, on Feb. 2. Image
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:Naomi Harris interview

Here's another one that cried during CR. Wow,what a load of bulls**t in this interview.

So as not to get this thread of topic by talking about Bond, I'm posting a response to this article in my "Rant" thread.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

A 5-part adaptation of Len Deighton's alternate history novel SS-GB begins tonight on BBC1. The teleplay is by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. Thought you might like to know ;)
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:A 5-part adaptation of Len Deighton's alternate history novel SS-GB begins tonight on BBC1. The teleplay is by Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. Thought you might like to know ;)
man another Man in the high castle, fatherland wannabe. Come on somebody write something new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Actually I think it's more Foyle's War meets Nazi occupation. There was another show about a young woman turned coroner's assistant set during the blitz call 'Murder on the Homefront' based on the memoirs of the woman who actually lived through it. Sadly a series was never made.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

My problem with Ms Naomi goes back to her wingeing about Pierce and Salma Hayek not rushing to Naomi's hospital bed to wish her well after being involved in a serious accident, long long after she had finished filming with them. She had some sick expectation of being "besties" with Pierce and Salma.
My other issue is her Moneypenny cash in with a all paid vacation for her family at some resort which published the advertising before she was officially revealed as the new the Moneypenny. I can't think of an interview she has given where she does not come off self-aggrandising or sycophantically kissing the collective butt of her betters.
She's a yes woman who has not an inkling who Moneypenny is supposed to be, not a clue who James Bond is supposed to be either. I get the feeling she is desperate to stay relevant to the production of Bond, I believe she knows when Daniel departs her days are done.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celeb ... 70941.html
Daniel Craig is second longest-serving James Bond as he overtakes Pierce Brosnan

The actor has now clocked up an impressive 4147 days in the role
This is a bit stupid. I think that Brosnan stopped being Bond in 2002.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Blowfeld wrote:

My problem with Ms Naomi goes back to her wingeing about Pierce and Salma Hayek not rushing to Naomi's hospital bed to wish her well after being involved in a serious accident, long long after she had finished filming with them. She had some sick expectation of being "besties" with Pierce and Salma.
My other issue is her Moneypenny cash in with a all paid vacation for her family at some resort which published the advertising before she was officially revealed as the new the Moneypenny. I can't think of an interview she has given where she does not come off self-aggrandising or sycophantically kissing the collective butt of her betters.
She's a yes woman who has not an inkling who Moneypenny is supposed to be, not a clue who James Bond is supposed to be either. I get the feeling she is desperate to stay relevant to the production of Bond, I believe she knows when Daniel departs her days are done.
Didn't know about this story with Brosnan and Salma. Why would one expect a one-time co-stars to instantly rush over to your side with flowers and candy? I also think she knows that Craig's time in the role is crucial for her. Everything she says in interviews seems to be the exact kind of thing Barbara would want to hear.
"Craig is the best,he brought something no other actor did." True,in a way. If you are thinking about Craig's charmless,thuggish presentation of the character.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

She is a horrid MP :!: Good riddance to her hopefully leaving. Will they cast another black woman as MP or return to normalcy with a white actress with a new Bond?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celeb ... 70941.html
Daniel Craig is second longest-serving James Bond as he overtakes Pierce Brosnan

I don't know how to count this, if it time hired then they count time on hiatus, if the count time making and promoting bond then roger Moore is king.

............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celeb ... 70941.html

I don't know how to count this, if it time hired then they count time on hiatus, if the count time making and promoting bond then roger Moore is king.

At the rate EON is going Craig doesn't need to make another film to surpass Moore, as it will be at least 2 years before they stop dragging their feet on who the next Bond will be!

bjmdds wrote:She is a horrid MP :!: Good riddance to her hopefully leaving. Will they cast another black woman as MP or return to normalcy with a white actress with a new Bond?

Personally the actress doesn't make much difference to me, what does bother me is the patronizing back story they gave her as a failed field agent. Yes, MP was such a horrid, incapable field agent she had to take a job as a secretary, girl power indeed!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

How about an Asian MP then?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

We could be looking at government trained, weaponized dinosaurs in the next Jurassic Park movie. That's right. We might be seeing raptors making good use of machine guns. Here is what plot details My Entertainment World had to provide. "The adventures at the Jurassic World resort and theme park continue as the government has trained dinosaurs to carry weapons and use them for battle purposes." :hair: :shock: :shock: :hair: FBF, is this a film worthy of a Seagal cameo now?
Last edited by bjmdds on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Legendary‘s upcoming MonsterVerse is getting it's second entry in just a few weeks with Kong: Skull Island, and as shared cinematic universes are want to do, it would appear the film has a post-credit scene setting up the next chapter, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. :up: Adding fuel to the speculative fire, the full credits for “Skull Island” have been released online (via Scified/SciFi Japan) and includes the interesting credit of “‘Godzilla,’ ‘King Ghidorah,’ ‘Mothra’ and ‘Rodan’ created and owned by Toho Co., Ltd.” :up: Image