The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I agree about setting it in the 50s or 60s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Raymond Benson never spoke to the Mirror. On his Facebook page, the author released this statement: "Some of you may have seen an article published by U.K.'s The Mirror yesterday that claims that the next Bond movie will be based on my novel Never Dream of Dying. I know nothing of this, but as I have not spoken with any Mirror journalists at all, I can only assume that the article is a piece of fabrication. It would, of course, be wonderful if it were true."
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

bjmdds wrote:Raymond Benson never spoke to the Mirror. On his Facebook page, the author released this statement: "Some of you may have seen an article published by U.K.'s The Mirror yesterday that claims that the next Bond movie will be based on my novel Never Dream of Dying. I know nothing of this, but as I have not spoken with any Mirror journalists at all, I can only assume that the article is a piece of fabrication. It would, of course, be wonderful if it were true."
Did not need Raymond to bust this myth, those people will never pay an author for their books rights. Rumours dating back to Tomorrow Never Dies the next Bond film was going to be based on the latest Bond novel. At one time Die Another Day, Bond 20 was supposed to be Never Dream of Dying, Bond 21 was The Man with the Red Tattoo, Bond 22/23 was Devil May Care. I gave up on Bond after Quantum of Nothing there are probably more recent examples were a Book was suppoed to be the next inspiration for the movie, never happens because the Broccoli's will never spend a dime they do not have to for any authors book rights, they also block anyone else using those books for movies.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
tbp82
Commander

Post by tbp82 »

Not exactly sure how this works but could a Bond author sell the rights to thier movie like Bensen with Never Dream of Dying and use the storyline as long as they don't use the names of any characters from the Bond world? I know that would be dumb and probably not the smartest move but basically Im asking could they sell the rights of their books to be made into films outside of EON.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I dunno. Once CR hit public domain as it and other books have in a few countries around the world ( oh, Canada!) anybody can make there own bond movie. just like anybody can make a Sherlock movie or novel because the rights are expired.
The books are licensed through the estate to use the Bond image and characters, I think the movie rights are tied up with eon something keeps these books from being sold as movies, more than enough books to support a bad movie series.
Maybe you could make a series with out the Bond name based on the books. It's confusing to me .

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Here is a link to a story about unauthorized bond books

https://literary007.com/2016/08/23/lice ... ames-bond/

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

tbp82 wrote:Not exactly sure how this works but could a Bond author sell the rights to thier movie like Bensen with Never Dream of Dying and use the storyline as long as they don't use the names of any characters from the Bond world? I know that would be dumb and probably not the smartest move but basically Im asking could they sell the rights of their books to be made into films outside of EON.
The first two Die Hard movies were based on novels by different authors, neither of which featured John McClane.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Russian cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman in space in June 1963.

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sam Shepard, the Oscar-nominated actor and Pulitzer Prize-winning dramatist, died on Thursday from complications from ALS. The playwright and actor passed away at his home in Kentucky and was with his family at the time of his death. He was 73. :roll:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Sam Shepard, the Oscar-nominated actor and Pulitzer Prize-winning dramatist, died on Thursday from complications from ALS. The playwright and actor passed away at his home in Kentucky and was with his family at the time of his death. He was 73. :roll:
I know many are going to say the right stuff was his best, but a movie I mentioned earlier Thunderheart he gives a great performance, also Purgatory was a good TV movie he stared in as wild Bill Hickock.

ALS is a d**n scary disease, there's a young football player it took out pretty fast, I'm surprised more effective treatments haven't been found.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Jerry Lewis telethon raised money for 60 years to battle neuromuscular diseases like ALS big O. They got NO results with all of that money and the telethon here ended a few years ago to boot. In 1971, President Nixon and Congress declared war on cancer..............we are no better now for the most part. It's been all talk and BS with NO results to show for it :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This forum has gone down several times over the past few days and you could not access it for "minutes at a time", neither from Safari nor Google Chrome. Check that out........According to a rumor reported by European tabloid site Mirror, the 25th Bond flick will be titled Shatterhand :shock: and will be based upon elements of the 2001 Bond novel Never Dream of Dying by Raymond Benson :shock: . If based heavily on that story, Bond will go up against a blind super villain leading an evil French organization called the Union, as he investigates a police raid gone deadly wrong. The femme fetale Bond girl in the film would be Tylyn Migonne, an actress and seductress with ties to the visually-impaired antagonist..........OR, is it this?: YOLT novel: The story starts eight months after the murder of Tracy Bond, which occurred at the end of the previous novel, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. James Bond is drinking and gambling heavily and making mistakes on his assignments when, as a last resort, he is sent to Japan on a semi-diplomatic mission. Whilst there he is challenged by the Head of the Japanese Secret Service to kill "Dr. Guntram Shatterhand". Bond realizes that Shatterhand is Ernst Stavro Blofeld and sets out on a revenge mission to kill him and his wife, Irma Bunt.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

Nothing looks wrong on our side, I'm going to do some forum maintenance anyhow. Forum will be down for a couple of hours.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

DB backup and maintenance done, also updated the software. Please let me know is anything is not working.
The search function is rebuilding its DB right now with the size of our forum it could take some time.
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

bjmdds wrote:This forum has gone down several times over the past few days and you could not access it for "minutes at a time", neither from Safari nor Google Chrome. Check that out........According to a rumor reported by European tabloid site Mirror, the 25th Bond flick will be titled Shatterhand :shock: and will be based upon elements of the 2001 Bond novel Never Dream of Dying by Raymond Benson :shock: . If based heavily on that story, Bond will go up against a blind super villain leading an evil French organization called the Union, as he investigates a police raid gone deadly wrong. The femme fetale Bond girl in the film would be Tylyn Migonne, an actress and seductress with ties to the visually-impaired antagonist..........OR, is it this?: YOLT novel: The story starts eight months after the murder of Tracy Bond, which occurred at the end of the previous novel, On Her Majesty's Secret Service. James Bond is drinking and gambling heavily and making mistakes on his assignments when, as a last resort, he is sent to Japan on a semi-diplomatic mission. Whilst there he is challenged by the Head of the Japanese Secret Service to kill "Dr. Guntram Shatterhand". Bond realizes that Shatterhand is Ernst Stavro Blofeld and sets out on a revenge mission to kill him and his wife, Irma Bunt.
I've seen multiple stories based on this original rumor reporting it to be confirmed this or that star is coming back, but the big pieces that can be directly checked fall to pieces like the book as the source. The author says he was not in contact with EON about using his book, which I would think would be the starting line, anyway he is probably enjoying the boost in his ebook sales I don't see any reason for him to lie to keep EON's secret safe. I also do not get why if Craig were coming back they skip naming him or the others in the announcement. I don't remember how the situation was handled for Bond 21, there was a troop of actors putting jobs on hold expecting to be called back in 2004 as well, even if Bond changed the crew tended to remain. Somehow Judy Dench, the one person who needed to be recast remained and the others were fired.

I expect this rumor started by a tabloid will end up the same as the news Sean Connery coming back to film Skyfall.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

While Idris had brushed off suggestions that he would make the perfect replacement for Daniel, the actor had won the endorsement of acclaimed director Steven Spielberg.
The Jaws director revealed to Express: ' I am a huge Bond fan. I would love to see a Bond of colour. That would be my first choice.'--------a real dolt and Spielberg proves how out of touch liberal America is with reality :!: :fight:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Spielberg has a chip on his shoulder about bond from cubby dissing him.
I can't think of any Spielberg movies that really opened up the frontier for minorities.
Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis, Spielberg a real hero casting black leads. :roll:

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Spielberg has a chip on his shoulder about bond from cubby dissing him.
I can't think of any Spielberg movies that really opened up the frontier for minorities.
Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day Lewis, Spielberg a real hero casting black leads. :roll:

What about Amistad?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote: What about Amistad?
all white cast? jK

I don't even remember this movie, had to look it up, this and the color purple are his contributions to bringing more stories to the movies that would not be made without him, make my flippant argument seem thin, although looking at the cast of Amistad he never works with them in his big budget movies.
It's fine for him to call for a black bond but when he casts war of the worlds or Jurassic park he's not calling Chiwetel Ejiofor first. BTW awesome actor.

Spielberg might believe what he says about bond, or he might be a convenient hypocrite. I'm still leaning toward hypocrite .

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I want to check that he actually said it before passing judgement. It could be a fake quote.