The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by John P. Drake »

They'll remake it with a PC narrative for dumb liberal millennials. ;)
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:They'll remake it with a PC narrative for dumb liberal millennials. ;)
Yeah, they'll probably turn it into a story about an interracial romance or something ;)
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:They'll remake it with a PC narrative for dumb liberal millennials. ;)
Yeah, they'll probably turn it into a story about an interracial romance or something ;)
I don't mind that, really. ;)

I do mind if other things are shoved down our throats, if you know what I mean.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

I’m not sure about the why behind why remake this movie?
It was a 1950s musical on Broadway then a movie. You’d think they got it right back then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Interestingly enough, and talk about timing, this is coming to Chiller Theatre this April :!: Image
Blowfeld
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger
For Your Eyes only
The Living Daylights

Post by Blowfeld »

Spain is trying to get the singer Shakria using the same tax trap they tried with Sean Connery.
"Those were the days when we still associated Bond with suave, old school actors such as Sean Connery and Roger Moore,"
"Daniel didn't have a hint of suave about him," - Patsy Palmer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Grammy Ratings Fall From 2017 As Politics Dominate Music’s Biggest Night. The CBS telecast of the Grammy's is down a steep 21 percent from 2017 in early numbers, potentially spelling an all-time low :!: :Happy: Hillary even had a cameo :!: :roll: These morons just don't get it, and never will :!: I watched none of it.-------------UPDATE: In time zone-adjusted ratings, the Grammys delivered a 5.9 rating among adults 18-49 and 19.81 million viewers. That’s down 24 percent in both adults 18-49 and viewers vs. last year’s awards. It’s the lowest 18-49 rating the Grammys have "ever recorded" and the least-watched ceremony since 2009 :!: :clap:
Napoleon Solo
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love

Post by Napoleon Solo »

Eon's non-007 spy movie has shut down production because of a hand injury to star Blake Lively.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... m=referral
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Forgot they were making this, explains why Bond news has been non existent despite the great one getting recast (probably explains his return as well), since the auteurs at EON can't work on more than one film at a time (and even then they can't hack it). I wonder if this is the "female James Bond" everyone's been saying it's "time for?"
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Blake Lively as an actress is as bad as her hubby Ryan Reynolds is :!: This is what Hollywood deems as talent? You wonder how movies can even make money these days. [video][/video]
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Napoleon Solo wrote:Eon's non-007 spy movie has shut down production because of a hand injury to star Blake Lively.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... m=referral
What? EON producing a movie for $50 million? That is almost smart!
dirtybenny wrote:Forgot they were making this, explains why Bond news has been non existent despite the great one getting recast (probably explains his return as well), since the auteurs at EON can't work on more than one film at a time (and even then they can't hack it). I wonder if this is the "female James Bond" everyone's been saying it's "time for?"
I forgot about it too. What is this the 5th or 6th female James Bond? Salt, Atomic Blonde, Red Sparrow, haywire, point of no return, Hannah’ , We could probably throw the hunger games and divergent movie in the mix.

Even at $50 million I think Babs and MGW are about to discover the brand James Bond is the draw not their producing.
On the other hand they are probably insured so if the movie is unfinished they be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sources told US entertainment trade publication The Hollywood Reporter that Lively needs further surgery on her injured right hand. :hair:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Five days to the Superbowl. Image
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

John P. Drake wrote:
Kristatos wrote:
I don't mind that, really. ;)

I do mind if other things are shoved down our throats, if you know what I mean.
Bond has been with a number of exotic women in the films over the years, so I don't know why you even bring this up.

And John P. Drake was so afraid to be labeled a racist he had to say he didn't mind this. :lol:

I think it's ok for Bond to be with women from other races, but I think if you're making babies it should be with someone from your own race.

Now am I a racist for saying this?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Count_Lippe wrote:
Bond has been with a number of exotic women in the films over the years, so I don't know why you even bring this up.
It was a joke. West Side Story is a musical about a romance between a white man and a Hispanic woman. The point being that it's already pretty progressive, so it would be hard to "make it PC."
Count_Lippe wrote: I think it's ok for Bond to be with women from other races, but I think if you're making babies it should be with someone from your own race.

Now am I a racist for saying this?
In what universe is that *not* a racist thing to say?
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

Kristatos wrote: In what universe is that *not* a racist thing to say?
A few decades ago, before there was PC?

Or maybe it was "racist" then too, but it wasn't considered bad, it was common sense.

Nowadays it is bad to be "racist". Why is that?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Harry Styles has been tipped to be the next James Bond by Spectre film editor Lee Smith. :shock: Smith backed the Sign of the Times singer to take over the role from current 007 Daniel Craig when he steps down from the franchise after the next film. :shock:-------------this guy to take over as Bond, and this from an EON film editor? These people are clueless :!: :hair: :Bonk: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Count_Lippe wrote:
Kristatos wrote: In what universe is that *not* a racist thing to say?
A few decades ago, before there was PC?

Or maybe it was "racist" then too, but it wasn't considered bad, it was common sense.

Nowadays it is bad to be "racist". Why is that?
The word "racist" has been so overused it no longer has the same connotation as it had years ago. Democrats and liberals deem anyone who does not fall in line with their agendas as "racist", and it's now pathetic, and guess what, racism exists in all groups :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Ben Child @theguardian: Time's up for James Bond: is 007 too toxic for the #MeToo era? If we do enjoy Bond for his dark side, perhaps it is time to accept that this most enduring of characters no longer fits the archetype of a hero. It would be much easier to accept his spiky edges if the dapper secret agent were not sold as the epitome of British suavity and a role model for young men. He simply doesn’t fit the mould in the modern era, but the millions in corporate sponsorship dollars that production company Eon receives every time a Bond movie hits cinemas depend on 007 being an aspirational figure.
Count_Lippe
Agent

Post by Count_Lippe »

bjmdds wrote:and guess what, racism exists in all groups :!:
Exactly, racism is self-preservation really.

But the agenda is for white people to not have any self-preservation any longer.