The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

The Independent labelled the Grammy winner's Bond theme as "one of the best we've had in some time". "The flourish of violins, electronic guitar and faint brass all pay tribute to classic Bond theme tropes, but Eilish's subtle synth motif makes this song her own," wrote Roisin O'Connor. The Guardian described the track "a Bond theme befitting of the Craig era". "The pop sensation sidelines her trademarks for a tasteful track that matches the haunted solitude of its leading man," said Alexis Petridis. Eilish's "downbeat noir is spine-tingling", according to The Telegraph's Neil McCormick. Finally, BBC entertainment correspondent Colin Paterson tweeted he thought the track was the "first serious Oscar contender for next year". Fans of Sir Elton John, who won the best song Oscar last weekend, should look away now, though... because Paterson added the track was "better than any song nominated this year".------------------the disconnect of the music industry from the real world is stark :!: You cannot reason with insanity :!: Accolades for trash seems to be why ALL of these awards shows are plummeting in the ratings year after year after year................ :jack: [video][/video] On youtube it is only the 16th most popular trending item on their list now. She got 400-700 million youtube views of her other "songs", so it will be interesting to see how many this latest sob incarnation winds up with. https://www.youtube.com/feed/trending
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

16 million YouTube views at the time of writing this, so I don't think you can really say that the critics are disconnected from popular taste on this occasion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

16 million is a long way from 400-700 million.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

It's up to 19 million now. The ones with 700 million views were put up a year or so ago. I doubt they reached those figures overnight.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Eilish's style is not exactly fitting for a Bond theme(someone with more gusto was needed) but it is well produced, IMO.
Skyfall was a snooze fest and the other three were iritating so I don't know where does this place NTTD.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Rhythm Section was pulled from screenings after 2 short weeks. Going------going------gone :!: Give her a bar of soap for the bath she is taking on this film at the box office. Tens of millions out the window. Nice achievement Broccoli. Give her the 2020 Razzie right now :!:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

A new tease states “The 25th film will change everything”-----------really?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:A new tease states “The 25th film will change everything”-----------really?
No, not really. "This will change everything" is PR-speak for "there are a few mild surprises". Unless they really do kill Bond at the end, which I hope they don't.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

OR, does Cr-egg's Bond commit suicide at the end, as would be in line with EYE-lash's verbiage and minions?
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I read that Craig has to approve the theme song. You could not make it up. If he does leave the role he will probalby still be a producer for the next movie to keep the cheques rolling in to his bank account.

How come Billie Eilish wears clothes that are too big, and Craig wears clothes that are too small?
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]This performance put the ants in the building to sleep :!: What were the idiots screaming about in the audience? This girl has problems, which she promotes, whispers her songs, wears terrible clothes, looks like she could be Scarlett Johanson's daughter facially, and this is deemed talent in 2020? What would Shirley Bassey say? This is NOT worthy of any award but will most likely win some next year at the Golden Globes and the Oscars in 2021. :Bonk: Image
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Favorite Movies: 12 Angry Men
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

Post by Mexican Staring Frog »

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I read that Craig has to approve the theme song. You could not make it up. If he does leave the role he will probalby still be a producer for the next movie to keep the cheques rolling in to his bank account.

How come Billie Eilish wears clothes that are too big, and Craig wears clothes that are too small?
She says she wears oversized clothing so that the media can’t judge her body image. Extravagant clothing is just part of the show business, so she doesn’t take it personally when anyone immaturely makes fun of her clothing.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The theme song has just become the first Bond theme to hit #1 in the UK charts. Ugh, that probably means that the film will be a hit too. I think I'll go into exile on a remote Greek island until it's all over.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I don’t know what the song is doing here in the states. So far I don’t think it’s getting much radio play, yet. At least I haven’t heard it, usually the way pop radio is rigged it’ll be played every few hours

I don’t think bond 25 will flop in the uk just because People there seem to think it’s a patriotic duty to see the newest bond movie even if most of the money goes to foreign producers and studios.

It’ll be number 1 for the opening weekend, i do not expect it’ll last or have much for legs with the timing missing school holidays. How big it opens and how long it can maintain momentum are the questions. If it follows performance of other Hollywood franchises is another question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Mexican Staring Frog wrote:
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry wrote:I read that Craig has to approve the theme song. You could not make it up. If he does leave the role he will probalby still be a producer for the next movie to keep the cheques rolling in to his bank account.

She says she wears oversized clothing so that the media can’t judge her body image. Extravagant clothing is just part of the show business, so she doesn’t take it personally when anyone immaturely makes fun of her clothing.
After 8 long years the FROG has returned here :!: Where have you been? Fashion is HUGE in Hollywood FROG. It is one of its biggest industries. They have consultants and critics going crazy over the attire worn by women. It is NOT immaturely making fun of her to state what is obvious.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cassie Da Costa of The Daily Beast described the song as "not at the level of Shirley Bassey's 'Goldfinger' or Nancy Sinatra's 'You Only Live Twice'". She added "it's certainly not Eilish's best, but as of late, the Bond universe has been perfectly satisfied with good enough." ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Country----- Chart (2020)-----Peak position:
Australia (ARIA] 4
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders) 3
Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia) 42
Canadian Digital Song Sales (Billboard] 32
Germany (Official German Charts) 5
Ireland (IRMA) 1
Italy (FIMI] 25
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)24
Netherlands (Single Top 100 3
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ) 9
Norway (VG-lista) 3
Scotland (Official Charts Company) 1
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan) 3
UK Singles (Official Charts Company) 1
US Digital Song Sales (Billboard) 33-----------it is NOT doing well in the USA or Canada :!: Kris can return from the Greek isles now.
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

bjmdds wrote:

After 8 long years the FROG has returned here :!: Where have you been? Fashion is HUGE in Hollywood FROG. It is one of its biggest industries. They have consultants and critics going crazy over the attire worn by women. It is NOT immaturely making fun of her to state what is obvious.

If you want to make fun of how an 18 year old girl dresses, that’s your prerogative. I’m sure Elton John didn’t give a HOOT over how people remarked about his flamboyant wardrobe.

Speaking of which, what missed opportunity EON had with Elton John in the 70s. He would have killed it with a title song!
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

bjmdds wrote:

If you want to make fun of how an 18 year old girl dresses, that’s your prerogative. I’m sure Elton John didn’t give a HOOT over how people remarked about his flamboyant wardrobe.

Speaking of which, what missed opportunity EON had with Elton John in the 70s. He would have killed it with a title song!
You had no answer for why Craig wears clothes that are too small for him in his "Bond" movies!
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

I don’t know the answer, because unlike Billie he never even gave one! I can only assume he’s more comfortable with tight fit clothing but that’s only my assumption! :007:
Mexican Staring Frog
Lieutenant
Diamonds Are Forever
The Spy Who Loved Me
GoldenEye
Midnight Cowboy
Rocky
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hell or High Water

bjmdds, what does that name stand for?!

I’m back because as Adele once said... “THIS IS THE END”, as far as Craiggers is concerned, so as Jinx said to Bond... “looks like we’re going down together! (And not in the suggestive way, NO SIRRIE)