The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:That nails the box office coffin shut on long legs for TLJ :!:
Domestically, yes. It has just opened in China, not sure how well it will do there. I believe that is its last major territory, TFA made something like $125 million there, so I'm gonna guess around $80 million.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

At the international box office, it added $64.7M to take the offshore cume to $632.7M. Of that, only $28.7M came from China where Star Wars has had a rough time cracking the market. Although Jedi is currently running 33% ahead of Rogue One at the same stage of international play, it is unlikely it will reach that movie’s $69.5M Middle Kingdom final (at historical rates).
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Weekend estimates have Jumanji 2 at #1. Worldwide, it's grossed over $400 million off a $90 million budget.
I hope this holds and jumanji finally gets #1, I don’t get why jumanji has such strong legs. It shouldn’t be this strong, my guess is Star Wars got people primed to go see a movie but TLJ isn’t as rewatchable for general movie goers, so the next best safe choice does well as a 2nd choice.
They are saying $520 million worldwide off $90 million, lets say $300 to breakeven Sony finally has a hit after 5-6 years of duds.
This and murder on the orient express have two surprising smart moves by studios who were very bad at guessing at the public mood. Maybe Jumanji and orient express are flukes and the studios had no strategy but both movies that show good business and film making sense with budgets that wouldn’t kill the studios if they flopped.

Stuff like the Post and Stars dead in Liverpool ( ;) ) are Oscar bate, prestige projects. Besides most people don’t care about the pentagon papers and don’t see reporters as heroes anymore, reliving a wannabe glory era isn’t going to work for a marketing get the audience in the theaters way.

Of course Star Wars is safe with its billion dollar take no matter what happens but I doubt Disney is happy, I bet they know they shouldn’t be 30-40% behind TFA and chasing Rogue one. This is their Age of Ultron, actually it’s worse because AoU had a point to set up the next phase and this Star Wars movie could be skipped entirely. Rogue one at least added to the myth of a new hope. BTW the talk about Empire being so controversial it sold less tickets is BS at least by the numbers BO mojo has and not for the initial run of the original trilogy.

I’d be surprised if China is not bigger for SW, there is the big holiday coming up there. Then again the Chinese worker for who life sucks badly everyday doesn’t need to see how bad things suck for the rebels.
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Post is only on limited release at the moment, so its figure is slightly misleading. It goes wide this coming Friday. BOM says it has the highest per-screen average of any film this week, but it is only on 46 screens right now.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

It appears Seth Meyers won’t be trying to pull a Jimmy “didn’t get the act together” Kimmel. Speaking with THR in anticipation of his bigly Golden Globes hosting duties on Sunday evening, Meyers admitted that no has zero desire to turn the evening into a political roast for a certain man who rhymes with Schmonald Schump. Can we blame him? “I’m reserving the right to change my mind,” he explained. “But especially this year with everything that’s happened in Hollywood, it seems far more important to have the focus there as opposed to anything that’s happening in Washington.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Food safety experts at Consumer Reports are advising people in the U.S. and Canada to stop eating romaine lettuce. During the past seven weeks, 58 people in the U.S. and Canada have become ill from the strain of E. coli O157: H7. One person in each country has died. In the U.S., the infections have been confirmed in 13 states — California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Vermont and Washington. :cuss:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Did anybody see the joke that was the Golden Globes?

Protesting "sexual harassment" yet dressing like they're almost naked... Quite a cause being served.

And feminists have the nerve to defend that. I don't get the logic behind their mindset.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

AND.........Oprah for President being pushed by these losers :!: These awards shows are for their narcissism, nothing else. They believe they are blessed and the rest of us need their wisdom to live our lives properly. These people can rot in hell, which is where they all belong :!: They are mentally sick, have no idea how to defend their country, and are the biggest hypocrites that ever existed :!: How many fortunes have they all made, having their financial advisors invest in the stock market since the 2016 election? How many of them live in energy guzzling mansions, surrounded by massive walls, with armed guards? How many of them travel often in private jets? They are meaningless entities of society who knew about Weinstein for 30 years, knew about the casting couch Hollywood designed, yet feign outrage now? Pathetic environment in Hollywood.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

There's no country to defend, BJ. Not in the slightest of their minds. They can't even handle social matters and reality, and as such go whining about how women should show as much as flesh as they want and men aren't to "think" of being attracted to them. Bunch of idiotic and oafish snowflakes who can't tell their right hand from the left. It's so stupid it's absurdly pathetic how these people are given authority to even speak. Back in the old days, there was the idea of having them go and see a psychiatrist or be residing in a mental asylum. What a joke!

As if it wasn't obvious Harvey Weinstein was a serial womanizer, along with the people he hangs out, stupid feminists are citing that "all white men are evil rapists". I think it's time somebody really put some serious sense to those idiots, because this is going a bit too far with the "liberty" they have to crap about.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:AND.........Oprah for President being pushed by these losers :!:
Funnily enough, I started a thread on that about 2 minutes before John P posted. Great minds etc.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Cosmicbooknews.com: Star Wars: The Last Jedi has seen its box office plummet in the U.S. as well with it's second weekend release dropping near 70% - similar to Batman vs. Superman - and now Star Wars: The Last Jedi is even performing less than Star Wars: Rogue One on a daily basis, a movie not a part of the original trilogies.
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

John P. Drake wrote:There's no country to defend, BJ. Not in the slightest of their minds. They can't even handle social matters and reality, and as such go whining about how women should show as much as flesh as they want and men aren't to "think" of being attracted to them. Bunch of idiotic and oafish snowflakes who can't tell their right hand from the left. It's so stupid it's absurdly pathetic how these people are given authority to even speak. Back in the old days, there was the idea of having them go and see a psychiatrist or be residing in a mental asylum. What a joke!

As if it wasn't obvious Harvey Weinstein was a serial womanizer, along with the people he hangs out, stupid feminists are citing that "all white men are evil rapists". I think it's time somebody really put some serious sense to those idiots, because this is going a bit too far with the "liberty" they have to crap about.
What will happen is that non-liberal "white men" will respond in kind, and the tide will turn against these liberal feminists, by not hiring women in the workplace for fear of legal actions, by not being asked out on dates, and by "white men" getting out and voting in even higher numbers in the future :!: They gave Oprah the award for one reason, that being to prepare her speech so they could tout her as a Presidential candidate, yet her speech had NOTHING to do with governing nor defending the USA. You cannot offer 'Oprah's favorite things' to a lunatic North Korean leader as a means of defending the country :!:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

bjmdds wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:There's no country to defend, BJ. Not in the slightest of their minds. They can't even handle social matters and reality, and as such go whining about how women should show as much as flesh as they want and men aren't to "think" of being attracted to them. Bunch of idiotic and oafish snowflakes who can't tell their right hand from the left. It's so stupid it's absurdly pathetic how these people are given authority to even speak. Back in the old days, there was the idea of having them go and see a psychiatrist or be residing in a mental asylum. What a joke!

What will happen is that non-liberal "white men" will respond in kind, and the tide will turn against these liberal feminists, by not hiring women in the workplace for fear of legal actions, by not being asked out on dates, and by "white men" getting out and voting in even higher numbers in the future :!: They gave Oprah the award for one reason, that being to prepare her speech so they could tout her as a Presidential candidate, yet her speech had NOTHING to do with governing nor defending the USA. You cannot offer 'Oprah's favorite things' to a lunatic North Korean leader as a means of defending the country :!:
ISIS and North Korea will laugh at the liberal utopia the left-wingers are leading and then enslave them, belittle them and objectify them more than ever in a hypothetical war the US would've lost under a liberal progressive administration. Someone like Clinton, a sly and deceptive serpent, would've sold this country to the enemy, perhaps China would come and buy the whole land from her. After all, she did sell uranium to the Russians, didn't she?

As for Oprah being slightly eyed for presidency, she will make a clown out of herself. Clinton will be the de facto leader in her administration, if this absurdity becomes a reality. Oprah knows as much about running a country/government as I do about rocket science.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video] [video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

NBC’s telecast of Golden Globes Awards was watched by 19 million viewers on Sunday, a 5% "decline" from 2017. This year’s show saw an 11% year-to-year decline in the 18-to-49 age group that advertisers covet most. I guess the "#metoo" movement did not get the reaction they wanted :!: It might be time for "white men" to start the "#fedup" movement :!:
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I'll be the first on board for the #FedUp Movement.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

More than a century old and still keeping on! Kirk Douglas, who turned 101 last month, appeared on stage with his daughter-in-law, Catherine Zeta-Jones. He received a standing ovation. The living legend sat in a wheelchair to present the award for best motion picture screenplay. "Catherine," he said, "I won't make a speech because I can never follow you." But many viewers on Twitter were appalled. "Honoring Kirk Douglas, who is thought to have raped Natalie Wood, is kind of odd on a night like tonight...just me?" wrote one user whose sentiment was echoed repeatedly on social media, including by another user who claimed, "Kirk Douglas is a well known sexist, who brags about groping women in his memoir. He brags about sexual assault and he raped 14 year old Natalie Wood." Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE UNDER FIRE FOR TIME'S UP SUPPORT
Time's Up, the entertainment industry-driven campaign for workplace equality and legal defense fund to support victims of sexual harassment and assault, was the guest of honor at this year's Golden Globes, where virtually every attendee wore black and many wore Time's Up pins in solidarity with the cause. Men joined in the show of support, too, but some social media users branded certain male stars as hypocrites. Justin Timberlake, who proudly captioned a pre-Globes photo, "Here we come!! And d**n, my wife is hot! #TIMESUP #whywewearblack," was among those who got a thrashing online. Justin recently starred in "Wonder Wheel," the latest film from Woody Allen -- a man who married one adopted daughter and has been accused of molesting another. In tweets excerpted by TheBlast, JT's post drew comments ranging from "Dude you are in the new Woody Allen film. Shut it," to, "'I'm starring in a well known rapist/pedophile director movie this year but I wore black at the #GoldenGlobes so that's ok.' #WoodyAllen #WhyWeWearBlack #TIMESUP." Others urged Justin to consider his actions: "If you truly believe times up then don't work with Woody," read one tweet. The singer wasn't the only male Globes guest whose Time's Up support seemed a bit off. James Franco came under fire as well. Vulture noted that Ally Sheedy posted (and later deleted): "James Franco just won. Please never ask me why I left the film/TV business," then posted something about James and Christian Slater sharing a table, adding the hashtag #MeToo. As of Monday, Jan. 8, she had yet to clarify the posts. Others on Twitter pointed to a recent incident in which James tried to pick up a 17-year-old girl online. She later shared their exchange. James, meanwhile, dismissed it on "Live With Kelly & Michael," saying "social media is tricky."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Cosmicbooknews.com: Star Wars: The Last Jedi has seen its box office plummet in the U.S. as well with it's second weekend release dropping near 70% - similar to Batman vs. Superman - and now Star Wars: The Last Jedi is even performing less than Star Wars: Rogue One on a daily basis, a movie not a part of the original trilogies.
I’m starting to think I’d does not pass much beyond Rogue one, $1.2 -1.4 billion. I need to look at the foreign summaries for it, looks like China isn’t taking a like to it if the other foreign markets have died off already they made a critically acclaimed film that can’t get half the audience of TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007: