The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:She already had colon AND pancreatic cancer :!: It's a miracle she beat both and now this.
As a cancer survivor myself, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
YOU :?: :shock:
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:She already had colon AND pancreatic cancer :!: It's a miracle she beat both and now this.
As a cancer survivor myself, it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Wow.As those who’ve been here for a long time know,I am a(16 year) cancer survivor.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Life is a precious entity.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:YOU :?: :shock:
Yes, medical bankruptcy caused by my treatment was what forced me to move back to the UK. It's why I get a bit shirty when people say that Americans don't deserve universal healthcare.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Doesn't everyone deserve universal healthcare?
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Well in the us it’s become a key word in a battle , with one side pushing Hillary care and Obama care in the hopes of eventually getting some sort of single payer system with the government paying for it “all”

Then the republican doctor donor class who think there nothing wrong with our system just the malpractice insurance costs and nuisance lawyers driveling costs up.

Both political parties have milked our system dry, trial lawyers became a industry picking certain friendly states to shave down the medical system.
Obama care cemented in place all the bloated unmanageable parts of the current healthcare system adding government support to prop them up.
Many hope this system will fail and the government will step in finally pay for every one to get health care. Which imho will crash and burn judging on how badly everything the political parties put together works.

Trump is in neither of these main camps, in fact he’s praised some European systems where private health care and public work together much better. Everybody of both parties ignore the of course they’ve got the battles lines already drawn and the narrative for the fight set in stone.
Trump also spoke harshly of big pharmaceutical and insurance companies and hospitals, noting how they price gouge with government support. He has praised how medicine works in some south of the boarder countries, we’re it’s cheaper and still modern medicine. .

Again everybody ignores it because it’s trump and they feel he can be ignored.

For me I’d be happy to see the current healthcare scam burn down to the ground, hospital administrations are a billion dollar industry, which only a hand full actually do anything helpful.
The insurance companies why are legal scams we are fired to pay for Incase anything happens with the threat if we don’t have insurance we’ll be finically ruined, next we have the lawyers treating to sue who ever the can get money from patient and doctors.

Or system is broken and our government and political parties made it so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think the health insurance lobby is so powerful that even if Trump personally advocated for a universal healthcare system, he'd struggle to get the votes in Congress. Obama didn't even try. Obamacare (nèe Romneycare) was just a boondoggle to the insurance industry that admittedly had some benefits for the very poorest. It was probably better than nothing, but not much.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

In order to have Medicare for all you would need to add a 12% additional tax on people's earnings to fund it, and that will not fly with the 'working' voters, who would be forced to fund such an idea. Currently 2.9% is withdrawn from people's paycheck's to fund the 60 million seniors on Medicare now, which will be insolvent in 7 years to boot :!: There are over 300 million people in the USA now, 30 million or more that are here illegally, most likely. Do the math and you would need an additional FOUR TIMES THE CURRENT TAX FUNDING RATE OF 2.9% to have Medicare for all for the additional 240 million people, with the private insurance companies all closing. There are NO free lunches in life. Somebody has to pay for it, and we are already $21 trillion in debt. The Office Of Management and Budget already said this notion of universal Medicare would add another $32 trillion to the already ridiculous amount of debt now.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:The Office Of Management and Budget already said this notion of universal Medicare would add another $32 trillion to the already ridiculous amount of debt now.
Which is $303 billion *less* than current projections under the for-profit Wealthcare system. The US government already spends more on healthcare than any other country in the developed world, for a system which only covers the elderly and indigent, and which delivers worse outcomes.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If the government paid the salaries of the hospital and the cost for supplies and tests. The cost not mark up. The size of the medical chunk of gdp would shrink to a third of what it is possibly more.
The hospital administration, insurance for malpractice, the cost of health insurance, the lawsuits, all eat greedily at our wallets. Before Obama care there was a good case to be made the instead of Medicare or Obama care the government t could buy insurance for everybody at current rates cheaper than a new government program.

But Obama care was welfare for the health insurance companies and congress got their checks to support it so it’s the law of the land

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I was talking to a retired army buddy, I was surprised that his pension should t be affected by the shutdown, also social security is exempt as well. Kind of shocked to learn this

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season's Greetings

:XmasBlink: :Xmas: :NewYears: :xmas2: :CNB:
Goldeneye
Site Admin

Post by Goldeneye »

:XmasBlink:
Merry Christmas :Xmas: :Xmas: :Xmas: :Xmas: :Xmas: :Xmas: :Xmas: :Xmas:

:XmasBlink:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Merry Christmas!!!

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Merry Christmas, or for those who don't celebrate, happy holidays.

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Merry Christmas everyone :Xmas: :xmas2:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli's Christmas gift to the world would be removing the toe fungus from the role :!: :party: Image Image Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

[video][/video]
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Retail is having its best holiday season in 6 years :!: Retail sales in the U.S. from Nov. 1 through Christmas Eve were up 5.1 percent to more than $850 billion, according to Mastercard SpendingPulse. That makes this the best holiday shopping season in six years, Mastercard said :!: Facts :!: :clap:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Retail is having its best holiday season in 6 years :!: Retail sales in the U.S. from Nov. 1 through Christmas Eve were up 5.1 percent to more than $850 billion, according to Mastercard SpendingPulse. That makes this the best holiday shopping season in six years, Mastercard said :!: Facts :!: :clap:
Nice to see the true meaning of Christmas being celebrated Image