The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Ben Child @theguardian: Time's up for James Bond: is 007 too toxic for the #MeToo era? If we do enjoy Bond for his dark side, perhaps it is time to accept that this most enduring of characters no longer fits the archetype of a hero. It would be much easier to accept his spiky edges if the dapper secret agent were not sold as the epitome of British suavity and a role model for young men. He simply doesn’t fit the mould in the modern era, but the millions in corporate sponsorship dollars that production company Eon receives every time a Bond movie hits cinemas depend on 007 being an aspirational figure.
Ah yes, "toxic masculinity." "Oh my stars, a cis gendered, hetero-normative male is having adult relations with (UGH) women!" Of course Bond is too toxic for the #MeToo era! I mean how can he not be, a fictitious character having consensual sex is right on par with all the REAL rape, groping and forced perversion in ironically, "woke" leftist controlled Hollywood!

No Bond must be reduced to at worst an anti hero, at best a cackling villain because he dares to be hetero in the "modern era!"

Of course it's all the fault of those evil "corporations" for pouring all that money into the production, as part of their sinister conspiracy to hold back women! There's absolutely no way this toxic trash has an audience! No it's just patriarchal trash "forced" down the throats of a helpless population! What this individual doesn't get, these "corporations" are lining up to throw money at Bond because he's popular, people actually want to see it, they're trying to expand their brand and make money, not subsidize "the patriarchy."

However I can't blame this guy for feeling this way, I mean he's most likely a millennial, fresh out of his one semester of women's studies and ready to attack the world! With that he's probably only known Craig's "Bond," whom we all know is the least romantic interpretation thus far! I mean he's nearly Harvey Weinstein in his own right! Between his weak pick up lines in CR and QOS, His vulgar sex acts depicted in SF as well as the way he forces himself on the former child prostitute character in that film coupled with all of the above in SP, you can't blame kids these days for thinking Bond's a rapist!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Bam! DB drops the mic.

This is why I think they embrace retro stories if they ever reboot the toxic Craig era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

An article from The Telegraph is suggesting that the new Han Solo spin-off film is a production disaster. The site requires a subscription to read the entire article, so I couldn't read the whole thing.

Reshoots, acting coaches, and a missing trailer: is the Han Solo movie in trouble?

I found the comments from readers interesting. The general attitude is that The Last Jedi is so bad and the whole franchise is out of control. Some comments:

Whatever the writer says, 'The Last Jedi' was UTTERLY TERRIBLE.
If this one [the Han Solo movie] is a dud then the franchise is in trouble.

Remember...the new Star Wars is showing us how great women are now. All the heroes are women. So the reason why there are no trailers is because Solo is actually a trangender. Young solo was a girl.

I have not met a single person in real life male or female that has liked The Last Jedi and this author would have you believe that people who hated that film are a small minority that are racist sexist bigots......Get out of your little self righteous elitist bubble and talk to normal people.Get a clue as to how we really think and act before labeling us in such an offensive way.
Atticus
Lieutenant

Post by Atticus »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Ben Child @theguardian: Time's up for James Bond: is 007 too toxic for the #MeToo era? If we do enjoy Bond for his dark side, perhaps it is time to accept that this most enduring of characters no longer fits the archetype of a hero. It would be much easier to accept his spiky edges if the dapper secret agent were not sold as the epitome of British suavity and a role model for young men. He simply doesn’t fit the mould in the modern era, but the millions in corporate sponsorship dollars that production company Eon receives every time a Bond movie hits cinemas depend on 007 being an aspirational figure.
Ah yes, "toxic masculinity." "Oh my stars, a cis gendered, hetero-normative male is having adult relations with (UGH) women!" Of course Bond is too toxic for the #MeToo era! I mean how can he not be, a fictitious character having consensual sex is right on par with all the REAL rape, groping and forced perversion in ironically, "woke" leftist controlled Hollywood!
This delusional reporter at The Guardian babbling that Bond could be too toxic for the MeToo era is no different than the other idiot, Joanna Robinson, at Vanity Fair who complained that Captain America and his sidekick (the guy called Bucky) were too heterosexual in their friendship. Oh, how offensive! Apparently, that ruined it for her. Nothing could be more enthralling than to have these two be a gay couple.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... cky-barnes
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Can't remember who was looking forward to seeing the Accident Man movie with Scott Adkins (I think it was the Drakester), but the movie is apparently out next Friday in the US. No word on a UK release date as yet.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

David Yates confirms that Fantastic Beasts 2 will not explicitly mention Dumbledore's sexuality: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/fant ... ign=buffer
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:David Yates confirms that Fantastic Beasts 2 will not explicitly mention Dumbledore's sexuality: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/fant ... ign=buffer
oh there will be something, there is that girl who can read minds even if she has trouble with English accents, if not explicitly mentioned there will be something, a look, a quiet word like she had with scamander about Lestrange.
The movie will not have to explicitly have a wizarding gay bar to make a subtle mention.

I thought scmander at first was supposed to be Dumbeldore’s love interest.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Atticus wrote:An article from The Telegraph is suggesting that the new Han Solo spin-off film is a production disaster. The site requires a subscription to read the entire article, so I couldn't read the whole thing.

Reshoots, acting coaches, and a missing trailer: is the Han Solo movie in trouble?

I found the comments from readers interesting. The general attitude is that The Last Jedi is so bad and the whole franchise is out of control. Some comments:

Whatever the writer says, 'The Last Jedi' was UTTERLY TERRIBLE.
If this one [the Han Solo movie] is a dud then the franchise is in trouble.

Remember...the new Star Wars is showing us how great women are now. All the heroes are women. So the reason why there are no trailers is because Solo is actually a trangender. Young solo was a girl.

I have not met a single person in real life male or female that has liked The Last Jedi and this author would have you believe that people who hated that film are a small minority that are racist sexist bigots......Get out of your little self righteous elitist bubble and talk to normal people.Get a clue as to how we really think and act before labeling us in such an offensive way.
Lots of places are questioning the solo movie. Hell some questioned if it was a smart movie to spin off the one of most beloved characters in the franchise.
Last Jedi hurt Disney’s image managing the franchise. For the first time in franchise history fans like me were not looking forward to the next installment, including solo.
This is the Star Wars franchise Batman vs Superman, if they don’t fix it the next movie could be the Justice league in a franchise they can’t reboot.

I don’t think the solo actor is right, but he might be ok, the Lando actor looks great. I think Disney was worried about solo after firing directors and last Jedi caused the fan base for a solo or boba fett movie to be turned off Star Wars. They released a synopsis to try stir up interest and put down fears but it didn’t do it.

Put it like this there are fans who love last Jedi, but judging by the box office they are minority since they couldn’t match TFA and fall short of modest projections which studios usually don’t get wrong. Just China not liking the movie may be enough to make Disney change. IMHO if they go forward with more last Jedi type story telling they get the core fans of that movie with out the core Star Wars fans giving them movies that struggle to break a billion, sure they make money but that will never be enough for Disney, IMO they’ll after the Blu-ray release make comments about changing direction or letting JJ edit episode 8 to fit his next movie. JJ could could scrap 8 make it a Jedi force projection of the future and reset it to Rey meeting luke, then make two more movies to finish the saga in a satisfying way.

But more than anything they have to get Solo right if they can’t it’s better to pull the movie, hell star wars fans have given Disney several times over the cost of a dud movie in profits so Disney could afford to eat a bad movie instead of rolling the dice it’s their suicide squad and the next movie is their justice league.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Solo movie's troubled production history has been in the news for some time. It was originally going to be directed by the guys who did The Lego Batman Movie, on the understanding that it would be a light-hearted adventure movie with plenty of humour. But the scuttlebut is that they went too far, and tried to turn it into an out-and-out comedy, so they were fired and Ron Howard brought in to replace them. Howard was seen as a safe pair of hands; a talented and experienced director of mainstream hit movies, but no auteur.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Man I’m not a fan of Howard, well I like his daughter so good job on that! But his movies like to be true history and he mixes in unnecessary stuff. Has he ever directed a completely fiction movie?

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Man I’m not a fan of Howard, well I like his daughter so good job on that! But his movies like to be true history and he mixes in unnecessary stuff. Has he ever directed a completely fiction movie?

Willow?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Did he direct that? don’t know I’ve seen it. Backdraft
Apollo 13,

Ah just looked it up, I forgot about the da Vinci code movies, cocoon, splash, parenthood, far and away, ransom, and his worst crime how the grinch stole Christmas.

I always think of his based on a true story movies

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Did he direct that? don’t know I’ve seen it. Backdraft
Apollo 13,

Ah just looked it up, I forgot about the da Vinci code movies, cocoon, splash, parenthood, far and away, ransom, and his worst crime how the grinch stole Christmas.

I always think of his based on a true story movies

I saw Willow when it first came out, don't think I've seen it since. It was George Lucas's contribution to that whole '80s fantasy cycle: Legend, Ladyhawke and films of that ilk. All I really remember about it is that it had a cool dragon, designed by Jean "Moebius" Giraud, and that it was fun seeing Warwick Davies in a leading role. Normally, little people only ever get to play Ewoks and s**t, so it's nice that he got to play the hero for once.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Oh Lucas was behind willow guess that explains getting him to finish solo

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

A new study says that Daniel Craig is the least attractive Bond because of his face structure

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... ar-BBIAOGb
According to a study reported by The Daily Mail, Daniel Craig has been named the least attractive Bond actor in the film's franchise.

....According to De Silva, Craig fell short with a score of 84.2% because "he has very thin lips, a bulbous nose and his face is very wide."
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

They just realized it now?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:They just realized it now?
Now it's been proved by SCIENCE!
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

We knew this 13 years ago and have been at the forefront of this premise since Cr-egg arrived on the scene :!: I wonder has Ms. Broccoli is handling this news? :ROFL:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

The fisa memo dropped and it looks like the onion was the only fake news source to have it right

https://politics.theonion.com/fbi-warns ... 1822639681

John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Kristatos wrote:
John P. Drake wrote:They just realized it now?
Now it's been proved by SCIENCE!