The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Just to let folks know, there is now a dedicated thread for box office related posts. You should see it on the forum front page, as Goldeneye made it a sticky.
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

dirtybenny wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Image Broccoli's next Bond :?: :idea:

Next Bond? Isn't that Craig?
You said it DB :!: :lol:
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rip cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Rip cranberries singer Dolores O’Riordan

Only 46 too. Sad.
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

46 is too young :cry: I'm 46(will be 47 next month) and it made me stop and think.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

MP, have you seen this in your San Diego city? :!: :shock: ----Most recently, San Francisco has joined Los Angeles and San Diego as three of the major cities that have caused Governor Jerry Brown to declare a state of emergency due to a Hepatitis A epidemic currently brewing in each location.

San Francisco, in particular, has a problem with the homeless defecating and urinating in public (and private) areas.
The outbreak can be directly tied to the homeless problem in California, which is only exacerbated by a constant flow of liberal policies that make removing homeless encampments difficult and even allow for the homeless to set up camp in places like the front lawn of Los Angeles City Hall and other public parks.

Software engineer Jenn Wong decided to start a project she calls Human Wasteland, which maps the city’s poop problem based on 311 calls from 2008-2015. Every call is listed as a poop emoji. The result is an overwhelming indictment of California’s approach to homelessness and lawlessness.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

JAMES BOND 25 is about to start filming with Daniel Craig but one star is already "upset" over the plot: As time has passed, UK commentators have also started to acknowledge some issues with the movie. One of the most contentious aspects was Christoph Waltz's portrayal of Blofeld. Many reviews, including Express Online, had trouble with the overly mannered, at times almost camp, performance. The ambiguous ending, as the villain was lead away by the police hinted at a future return and vitally denied any cathartic ending to SPECTRE. It felt like the movie was unfinished, with the Bond-Blofeld relationship still up in the air. Waltz himself revealed he also has issues with his character. He told The Times: "There are just certain things that I'm unhappy with. I wish I would have gotten the opportunity to iron out those glitches." He added: "It was an incredible experience to be part of this post-war cultural phenomenon. Yet I can't say I was happy at every step of the process. I feel that there are some loose ends with my engagement." Waltz concluded: "I'm not going to be in the next one. But let's say, in terms of my feeling that I have sufficiently served a purpose, there are a few white blotches on that map for me personally." Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Waltz could've been a great Blofeld. But, Sappy Mendes ruined what would've been a magnificent incarnation of the character due to the actor in the role.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ed Sheeran’s plagiarism is so blatant it almost shocking. He “wrote” a song for Mrs & Mr Faith Hill that he directly ripped of an Australian singers hit song which was all over the radio while he toured Australia.
I don’t normally buy the plagiarize song accusations because there are only so many notes and beats that work together there can be overlap. Marvin Gaye’s family seem to troll the legal system looking for settlements. In this case after listening to both songs I wonder why did the record company not settle this out of court?

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

John P. Drake wrote:Waltz could've been a great Blofeld. But, Sappy Mendes ruined what would've been a magnificent incarnation of the character due to the actor in the role.
waltz has played a couple of ham bone villains although I thought his Tarzan performance was better than his Brofeld. In Quinten Tarantino movies Waltz gives much better performances.

Waltz was never happy with his blofeld right after the theater run he was complaining about it being beneath him, while doing really prestige work making tv ads, guess we were supposed to ignore his hypocrisy for taking a fat payday from the EON glory hounds.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Tom Cruise may have injured himself again while filming a stunt for "Mission: Impossible 6." Video of the stunt was posted to TMZ on January 17. In the video, the action star can be seen jumping out of a window, but he appears to slip on something. TMZ reported that a cameraman on the scene says the actor was later seen using crutches, but nothing has been confirmed.
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

Either Tom isn't himself, or his age is catching up with him.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:Either Tom isn't himself, or his age is catching up with him.
Well, he's no spring chicken any more, but this sounds like the kind of accident that could happen to anybody.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Sad news for Carl, Police Academy director Hugh Wilson has died: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/poli ... ign=buffer
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

James Charisma/vice.com: Jan 17 2018-----Daniel Craig’s the most screen-accurate Bond to date, and he’s been considered one of the best actors to play the role. So why have most of his films seemed so unmemorable? Despite a successful reboot of what had become a stale franchise, maybe audiences underestimated how much they would miss the over-the-top villains, the odd henchmen, the whimsical gadgets, and world-ending plots. All that cheese lended itself to a fantasy world of espionage that made the character so iconic. Basically, everything that made Bond…well, Bond. Spectre’s big twist is that Bond and Blofeld are essentially brothers, raised by a man who Blofeld killed before creating an empire meant to make Bond’s life miserable. With a backstory casting Bond as a wealthy orphan who becomes a crime-fighting detective that goes up against outlandish villains, Daniel Craig’s Bond films at best mirror Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy; at worst, Spectre’s reveal is ripped straight out of Goldmember. Over the decades, the James Bond movies have gotten wrong, from a troubling legacy of racism, sexism, misogyny, stereotypes, and xenophobia to the fact that when women aren’t having sex with Bond, they’re getting tortured and killed. These are the sorts of plot devices that deserve to die a slow death and be left in the past, but at the franchise’s core—and what separates the Bond franchise from countless other mindless action spectacles—is a sense of adventure, danger, elegance, and fun. It’s about the high-tech gadgets and sports cars, the beautiful locations and exciting action sequences, the martinis and witty quips, the unhinged maniacal supervillains and whatever strange method they’re planning on using to take over the world. It’s about hearing James Bond tell people his name and seeing him blow up enemies and escape secret lairs—all while wearing a perfectly pressed tuxedo. That’s what we want in our Bond films—because as much as Daniel Craig has brought to the character, his movies have left many of the cool parts at the door. Hopefully, the powers that be will remember going forward that that a sense of fun is what makes these films memorable. After all, the man we’ve paid for tickets to see isn’t Jason Bourne or John McClane—the name’s Bond. James Bond.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Ok good assessment of what made bond work and fair point about where the franchise is today. Essentially this guy says it’s time for a smart reboot with a plan to recapture the essence of bond while leaving the over played aspects that are sexist and raciest behind, and I would agree with that.

But I would challenge what did Craig bring to the series and where was he ever Ian Fleming’s James Bond? Craig is a list of negatives, things he is not more than things he is. For 12 years I’ve seen people ascribe attributes to Craig that were not witnessed on the screen in his performance. Somehow his dower lack of personality, one facial expression and duck lips meant he had depth and brought meaning to the role with a blank performance.

dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Well said big O, basically that article is a backhanded noncommittal version of what we've been saying for years.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I just watched an old episode of Hammer House of Horror featuring a very young Pierce Brosnan in a bit part. I think he only had about 4 lines of dialogue.
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:Sad news for Carl, Police Academy director Hugh Wilson has died: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/poli ... ign=buffer
Sad news. That was an interesting article. He also worked on Blast from the Past which is a classic.

Also Peter Wyngarde died. Star of one of my favourite tv shows Jason King, and numerous other roles including Klytus the robot in Flash Gordon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42731220

Rotten Tomatoes said John Carpenter was dead, but thankfully he isn't.
Bring back Bond!
John P. Drake
Agent

Post by John P. Drake »

I think we can all agree that Wyngarde's best role was in The Avengers episode, "A Touch of Brimstone" in which he played the charismatic villain who led the Hellfire Club.

Sad that we're losing the good ones as years go by.

RIP Peter Wyngarde.