The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by kater23 »

Watching the Macy’s parade as I write this! :clap:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

George Lazenby is back at MI6 in a series of new audio spy dramas: https://www.georgelazenbyofficial.com/p ... -oblivion/
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Someone I follow on Twitter mentioned that.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Happy Thanksgiving to the people in the Colonies.
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Full of Thanksgiving dinner-all of it was SO good-there were only 7 of us and we had tons of leftovers.It was like Oprah up in my brother’s house “and you get leftovers and you get leftovers”... :mrgreen:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Knives Out is released today in both the UK and US. I don't know about America, but I notice the reviews I've read on this side of the pond all seem to contain little swipes at Craig's performance as Bond. One said that the film subverts many tropes, including that of "boring Daniel Craig". Another said that he is more fun in the film "than he has been for ages, if ever." Yet another said that it shows he can be fun after all. And so on. Wonder if they'll remember they said that when NTTD comes out, or whether it'll be back to Craggy the amaaayzing actor who totally transformed Bond yadda yadda yadda,
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

It made $6 million yesterday ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

According to Collider, ABC has unveiled the guest lineup for Good Morning America next week. Of particular interest to James Bond fans is Wednesday, December 4, when Good Morning America will host No Time To Die stars Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Lashana Lynch, Léa Seydoux and writer-director Cary Joji Fukunaga.----------- Black Widow's new trailer arrives next week. Black Widow will release in theatres on May 1, 2020, which will take the air totally out of NTTD.
Last edited by bjmdds on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Here's my dream scenario: the film is a huge success and spawns a long-running Benoit Blanc franchise. After, say, five films, Craig retires from the role and is replaced by a traditional handsome Bond type, who plays the character completely differently. The critics go doolally over the new guy, saying that he has reinvented the role, and that the Craig Benoit Blanc films are now so passè as to be unwatchable. Karma!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Meanwhile, here's a review of the George Lazenby audio drama I mentioned upthread: https://www.thejamesbonddossier.com/con ... livion.htm

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

I must be in the minority then who found Craig the weakest link in Knives Out. Huh.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Veronica wrote:I must be in the minority then who found Craig the weakest link in Knives Out. Huh.
I haven't seen it, and so have no opinion. I just found the subtle shift in attitude interesting.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Craig went from the narrative of poor ugly guy fanboys don’t like to status quo establishment bond.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Omega wrote:Craig went from the narrative of poor ugly guy fanboys don’t like to status quo establishment bond.
They're already turning on him the way they turned on Tim and Pierce. But like I say, those jibes may be forgotten once it comes time to fawn on him again in April.
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:Craig went from the narrative of poor ugly guy fanboys don’t like to status quo establishment bond.
They're already turning on him the way they turned on Tim and Pierce. But like I say, those jibes may be forgotten once it comes time to fawn on him again in April.
Yeah, once the EON P.R. money starts flowing, Craig's reviews will start glowing!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote:
Veronica wrote:I must be in the minority then who found Craig the weakest link in Knives Out. Huh.
I haven't seen it, and so have no opinion. I just found the subtle shift in attitude interesting.

I mean, I guess I know what they were going for with his character. A prestigious private detective named Benoic Blanc who is very obviously not actually French(or Belgian) but says his name with a french accent for amusement. I just don't feel like Craig particularly sold it all although he definitely seemed more lively, engaged and actually happy to be in front of the camera than in any of his Bond films, honestly.
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

I'm playing catch-up with the news here, but this stuff about Craig saying in interviews NTTD is his last Bond, I'm sure he believes it, but I won't until filming is actually underway using a new Bond actor. Craig may well want it to be his last, but Babz will have other ideas, won't she?

Either way, a new actor counts for nothing as far as I'm concerned until they ditch the pretentious but not very subtle attempts at arthouse prestige and melodramatic soap opera and get back to what made Fleming's books and the classic movies so good.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Veronica wrote:I mean, I guess I know what they were going for with his character. A prestigious private detective named Benoic Blanc who is very obviously not actually French(or Belgian) but says his name with a french accent for amusement.
You're reminding me a bit of Peter Sellers' Inspector Clouseau with the intentionally exaggerated French accent, though at least he kept it up for all the dialog. I've not seen Knives Out either and have no current plans to.
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

acid wrote:I'm playing catch-up with the news here, but this stuff about Craig saying in interviews NTTD is his last Bond, I'm sure he believes it, but I won't until filming is actually underway using a new Bond actor. Craig may well want it to be his last, but Babz will have other ideas, won't she?

Either way, a new actor counts for nothing as far as I'm concerned until they ditch the pretentious but not very subtle attempts at arthouse prestige and melodramatic soap opera and get back to what made Fleming's books and the classic movies so good.

I'm with you 100% old boy!

This is Craig's last until it isn't just like SP and just as you say, a new actor no matter how great on paper isn't worth a hill of beans if he's still saddled with the same garbage writing that's plagued the series for over 2 decades!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Look at what his co stars say, oh I’m sure the audience will say we want more Daniel. Babs is fixated on him to such a extent it embarrassing for all women, especially professional women. Babs tried to act tough as nails but one replaceable Star has talked s**t for 13 years, he should be removed if she was a professional and not a love struck cougar .