The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Kristatos »

Paloma seems to be a much more popular character with the people who suffered through NTTD. So, given EON's unerring commitment to giving audiences what they want...a Nomi series it is.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Irony-Man2 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:06 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:59 pm I almost wonder if EON isn't weighing the possibility of moving forward with a 007 Nomi series?
Good god I hope not! Of all the rumoured spin-offs from Bond over the years this would be the worse. Lynch’s Nomi had no redeeming qualities as a character at all. She was a boring and one-not character brought in only to be an antagonist for Bond. A film built around Wai Lin especially or even Jinx would be infinitely more interesting.
I wholeheartedly agree Irony and I'm 99% sure even EON isn't daft enough to try it, but then again I thought the same about the killing of Bond, so there's that.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Daniel Craig is to star in a Balder the Brave series from Marvel, according to the entertainment website Giant Freaking Robot. GFR is a bit clickbaity, and I tend to take their "exclusives" with a pinch of salt, but I see no reason to disbelieve this one. We already know that Craggy was due to play Balder in the last Doctor Strange movie, but his scenes ended up getting cut.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/d ... usive.html

dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Balder? How apropos! The only way it could be better is a character named Craggy the Creased.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Shirley Manson on the critical backlash that Garbage suffered over their Bond song:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/garbages ... ew-3334631

Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:45 am Shirley Manson on the critical backlash that Garbage suffered over their Bond song:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/garbages ... ew-3334631

Adele got savaged for her theme? Wasn't her effort met with widespread acclaim?
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Even the Goat of Mendes now admits that SPECTRE was crap:

https://www.avclub.com/sam-mendes-spect ... 1849760712

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

The Sean Connery Foundation has been set up to promote marine conservation: https://www.007.com/sean-connery-foundation-launches/

What is it about Bond actors and oceans? That's Pierce's pet cause too.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Kevin Conroy, the definitive Batman in my book.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Been dealing with severe left leg sciatica pain 21 straight days. MRI soon to evaluate...............A report from Hollywood insider Overlord DVD has now indicated that Disney has tested six different endings to the movie and that the audiences haven’t been happy with any of them.

“Indiana Jones 5 has been a troubled production, delayed a full year after this channel leaked the horrible things Kathleen Kennedy had planned for Indiana Jones. Now, after a year’s worth of reshoots and tinkering, Disney realizes that they have a disaster on their hands as test audiences reject every single version they’ve been shown!”
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm Been dealing with severe left leg sciatica pain 21 straight days. MRI soon to evaluate...............A report from Hollywood insider Overlord DVD has now indicated that Disney has tested six different endings to the movie and that the audiences haven’t been happy with any of them.

“Indiana Jones 5 has been a troubled production, delayed a full year after this channel leaked the horrible things Kathleen Kennedy had planned for Indiana Jones. Now, after a year’s worth of reshoots and tinkering, Disney realizes that they have a disaster on their hands as test audiences reject every single version they’ve been shown!”
Hope your leg is feeling better soon. Guess I'll be giving Indy 5 a miss.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:32 pm
Hope your leg is feeling better soon.
Ditto, get well soon old boy!
Kristatos wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:32 pm Guess I'll be giving Indy 5 a miss.
Come on Kris, you know the allure of watching an 80 year old Harrison Ford hobble around for 2+ hours with the added attraction of Phoebe Waller Bridge acting as his crutch will be too much to resist!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Thanks gents. It has not been fun. Indy 5 might go straight to streaming as well at this rate. https://insidethemagic.net/2022/11/disn ... -flops-ab1
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Dave Bautista was able to see a different side of Daniel Craig while working on Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery than when they filmed 2015’s Spectre. The Guardians of the Galaxy actor is reflecting on how he perceived Craig in the James Bond role versus his role as Benoit Blanc.

“He was really put through it on Bond,” Bautista told Entertainment Weekly in an interview. “You could feel that he was under a lot of pressure. He didn’t seem like the happiest person on Bond, but on Glass Onion, it was the complete opposite.”

Bautista said that Craig “was just so much fun and he was always smiling and happy and interacted a lot more” while filming the Rian Johnson-directed movie.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I wish he'd got the Benoit Blanc role in 2006. Then we could have had a Bond who actually wanted the job.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:RIP Kevin Conroy, the definitive Batman in my book.
Yes. Very sad day. I grew up with his voice in the animated series and he was my Batman. I think the actors some of who mere good as Wayne or as Batman never really got it right like Kevin did. I was always disappointed WB didn’t use him more, later animated movies had random stars as the voice, I was always disappointed when it wasn’t Kevin

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Been dealing with severe left leg sciatica pain 21 straight days. MRI soon to evaluate...............A report from Hollywood insider Overlord DVD has now indicated that Disney has tested six different endings to the movie and that the audiences haven’t been happy with any of them.

Sorry to hear about the sciatica , I’ve had it in both legs before, can be maddening . Couldn’t sleep, soon as the Tylenol or ibuprofen wore off, I wake up. Chiropractor help. but it was more exercises and stretching that loosened whatever pinched . But it’s not always simple as mine was.
Hope you’re better soon

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Thanks gents. It has not been fun. Indy 5 might go straight to streaming as well at this rate. https://insidethemagic.net/2022/11/disn ... -flops-ab1
Hopefully Disney is smarter than they were with the last Jedi, Kathleen Kennedy is poisonous as far as fans are concerned, she wants to be in your face with something that’s not a good idea for the franchise. And Indiana Jones already suffered the crystal skull, which had a huge backlash in the day Disney could damage the franchise if they don’t do it right. I think they know this. if they’re smart, they’ll just scrap and retool it use that can be reused Try to get Spielberg or somebody else to write something that makes sense to the audience.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

bjmdds wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm Been dealing with severe left leg sciatica pain 21 straight days. MRI soon to evaluate...............A report from Hollywood insider Overlord DVD has now indicated that Disney has tested six different endings to the movie and that the audiences haven’t been happy with any of them.

OW on the sciatica pain.Been there myself.

As someone who watched the original Raiders Of The Lost Ark in the movie theater,that news is very disappointing.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Omega wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:04 am
bjmdds wrote:Been dealing with severe left leg sciatica pain 21 straight days. MRI soon to evaluate...............A report from Hollywood insider Overlord DVD has now indicated that Disney has tested six different endings to the movie and that the audiences haven’t been happy with any of them.

Sorry to hear about the sciatica , I’ve had it in both legs before, can be maddening . Couldn’t sleep, soon as the Tylenol or ibuprofen wore off, I wake up. Chiropractor help. but it was more exercises and stretching that loosened whatever pinched . But it’s not always simple as mine was.
Hope you’re better soon

Thanks big O. Tylenol with codeine and ibuprofen are what I take in moderation. I hate taking pills. The body hopefully heals itself. Sleeping well is my desire but it is not easy. How long did it last?
Last edited by bjmdds on Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.