The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli... said: "He's so much a part of the whole process...
Well there it is there. Craig is indeed one of, if not the driving force behind the sappy, inane garbage in the films of late. Babz is all but admitting she's bankrupt of ideas without her decrepit muse. I can understand she doesn't want rumors to swirl over who replaces Craig thereby negating any buzz for this film, but one has to wonder if she really is this delusional! The man will be 52 once this trash film is finally caned, that would make him at a minimum 56 come the next, not to mention the massive let down his return to this film has caused. Don't you get it Babz the entire world is ready to move on, you bring him back again and you might as well forget a successful Bond 26!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli... said: "He's so much a part of the whole process...
dirtybenny wrote:Don't you get it Babz the entire world is ready to move on, you bring him back again and you might as well forget a successful Bond 26!
Well in that case, maybe when he's really too old to be able to act, she'll keep him on as a producer! :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:Broccoli has now revealed that no decision has been made yet on Craig's future and they will revisit it once the latest blockbuster is in the can. In an interview on UK TV show 'Lorraine', she said: "He's so much a part of the whole process, we'll make a great movie and then see what happens." Weighing in on the discussion, she said: 'Well I don't want to say farewell to Daniel, I hope he wants to do another one’. :Bonk: Image Image
She is proving female producers don’t have the chops to work in the big leagues. She is playing in to stereotypes about women.
Obviously I don’t believe women can’t be directors and producers, I just pointing out babs love sick behavior is what Hollywood said was why women couldn’t be in those jobs. How many times does Craig have to directly insult her and the franchise fans before he’s let go. Cubby would of canned Craig’s ass long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Cubby wouldn't have hired Craig in the first place. He understood the Bond character in the way Barbara obviously doesn't.
Veronica
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia With Love,GoldenEye,The Spy Who Loved Me,Goldfinger,Dr.No
Favorite Movies: After the Sunset,The Devil Wears Prada,The Thomas Crown Affair,To Catch a Thief,Midnight in Paris,North by Northwest, Purple Noon, La piscine.

Post by Veronica »

Christ. CR, Skyfall, Spectre, I mean... Really? The only thing missing was someone saying QOS is the best Bond film.
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Veronica wrote:

Christ. CR, Skyfall, Spectre, I mean... Really? The only thing missing was someone saying QOS is the best Bond film.
Hilarious Craig loves GF for all the opposite reasons his are terrible! If you love it so much why not make a film in that entertaining vein rather than these dower sob stories! The the rest of the cast kissing Craig's ass and toeing the company line claiming CR was there favorite! :roll:

Your right though V, funny how QOS has been banished to the realm of forgetting.
Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

I thought I'd share this wonderful picture of D.Craig I found.

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

If you were to ask the man on the street who I was bond in that picture it wouldn’t be Craig

acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

Omega wrote:If you were to ask the man on the street who I was bond in that picture it wouldn’t be Craig
Yeah, he could almost play Stromberg or Gogol!
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
Veronica
Agent

Post by Veronica »

You know you have a problem when a director is more handsome than Bond.
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

Image Image
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Rip Chewbacca

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image It's reported that Waller-Bridge's involvement came at the urging of star Daniel Craig, who hoped she'd infuse the long-gestating project with her "wit and quirkiness." During the podcast, the interviewer asked if she'd be folding in her "female, feminist humor." The writer quipped: "Well, we’ll see, we’ll see what I can sneak in." Image
John P. Drake
Agent
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Post by John P. Drake »

I think everything has been said perfectly here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... itten.html

And here:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... er-bridge/

Prepare for your perfect #MeToo Bond film where Bond is emasculated and constantly berated by the feminazis, written by super feminazi Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The Captain Marvel/Brie Larson of the Bond franchise. Barbara Broccoli's plan to destroy "the male ego" and "toxic masculinity" from within is working perfectly. Keep it up, Babs. Keep it up.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

John P. Drake wrote:I think everything has been said perfectly here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... itten.html

And here:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... er-bridge/

Prepare for your perfect #MeToo Bond film where Bond is emasculated and constantly berated by the feminazis, written by super feminazi Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The Captain Marvel/Brie Larson of the Bond franchise. Barbara Broccoli's plan to destroy "the male ego" and "toxic masculinity" from within is working perfectly. Keep it up, Babs. Keep it up.
I think that ship sailed a long time ago, with the "sexist, misogynist dinosaur" comment in Goldeneye. Personally, I'm more concerned by this:

‘Daniel’s writing. Cary’s writing. The crew reckon they’re working on a well-polished s*** show.They have an outline of plot, but dialogue is all last-minute. It’s not the way to make a movie. I would imagine they’ll sort it out in the cutting room. That’s where most movies get made anyway. But you’d think the Bond lot would be more together.’

It's QOS all over again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
carl stromberg
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Defence
Favorite Bond Movie: The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Amicus compendium horror films
It's a Gift
A Night At The Opera
The Return of the Pink Panther
Sons of the Desert

Post by carl stromberg »

Kristatos wrote:
‘Daniel’s writing. Cary’s writing. The crew reckon they’re working on a well-polished s*** show.They have an outline of plot, but dialogue is all last-minute. It’s not the way to make a movie. I would imagine they’ll sort it out in the cutting room. That’s where most movies get made anyway. But you’d think the Bond lot would be more together.’
To be fair to them they have only had a short time since Spectre to prepare a new film.
Bring back Bond!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

This film will NOT be a box office success for Broccoli. The world has moved on from Cr-egg and this feminized Bond idea.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:This film will NOT be a box office success for Broccoli. The world has moved on from Cr-egg and this feminized Bond idea.
I hope you're right. I just hope it isn't such a dismal failure that it kills Bond for good. I know FBF would be happy if that was the case, but I want to see Aidan Turner or Henry Cavill play Bond in a well-written, entertaining Bond movie with no soap operatics.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:‘Daniel’s writing. Cary’s writing. The crew reckon they’re working on a well-polished s*** show.They have an outline of plot, but dialogue is all last-minute. It’s not the way to make a movie. I would imagine they’ll sort it out in the cutting room. That’s where most movies get made anyway. But you’d think the Bond lot would be more together.’

It's QOS all over again.

Too right Kris, it appears things are even worse than I though in my rant on the subject A Horse by Committee:

"That’s the collective works of at least four, five, maybe six writers (seven if you count Boyle) slapped together over the course of a year. "

I guess that wasn't enough so everybody's getting a crack at it.

"Hey you, yes you, who are you? The Key Grip right? Yeah, go write me a few pages of dialog on how much sunshine make you feel sad, as if Bond were saying it, go on toddle off, there's a good lad!"

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:This film will NOT be a box office success for Broccoli. The world has moved on from Cr-egg and this feminized Bond idea.
I hope you're right. I just hope it isn't such a dismal failure that it kills Bond for good. I know FBF would be happy if that was the case, but I want to see Aidan Turner or Henry Cavill play Bond in a well-written, entertaining Bond movie with no soap operatics.
We all hope that Kris, but no matter who she casts Turner, Cavill even a clone of Connery, we'd still have to rely on Babz suddenly remembering how to make entertaining films again. I don't know about you, but I'm afraid I can't hold my breath that long! As Carl pointed out this is what we got after 4+ years and a returning actor, imagine the chaos if the have to retool!
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Broccoli will eject her role once Cr-egg leaves. I don't think her loins will be able to get excited over his replacement--------the problem that remains is that she alone still wants Cr-egg back in 2024 for another film :!: :roll: