The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

DB, there are many sites talking about the issue. Here is one: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/11/06/j ... r-rumours/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

These are rumours rather than confirmed reports. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned out to be true, but I remember when the same sites were absolutely positive that Finn and Poe were being set up for a romantic subplot in the most recent Star Wars trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:26 pm DB, there are many sites talking about the issue. Here is one: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2020/11/06/j ... r-rumours/
Thanks BJ, I've seen the stories confirming Lynch will be called "007" in this travesty but nothing confirms her sexual proclivity one way or the other, like Kris I won't be surprised if it goes that way, but nothing concrete had been confirmed. Ether way it makes no difference to me, gay, straight or any combination in between won't help or hurt this celluloid jumble find an audience.

bjmdds wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:17 pm The news has dropped amid the Hollywood rumour mill claiming that Bond, James Bond, will die at the end of the franchise’s 25th instalment – and Nomi, Lynch’s character, will be the one to kill him.........Lashana Lynch will play a new Black lesbian 007 in No Time to Die.-----------------mission accomplished by Broccoli---------franchise is done.
BTW where did you find this bit of info?
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

RIP Margaret Nolan (Dink in Goldfinger).

Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Moonraker
Goldfinger
The Spy Who Loved Me
Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Crazy For Christmas, The Empire Strikes Back, League of Gentlemen (1960's British film), Big Trouble in Little China, Police Academy 2, Carry On At Your Convenience, Commando, Halloween III: Season of the Witch,

Post by Capt. Sir Dominic Flandry »

Kristatos wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:35 am RIP Margaret Nolan (Dink in Goldfinger).

RIP - she had some other good roles too.

NTTD sounds like a classic.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

DINK
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Sean Connery Co-Wrote a Bond Movie Called 'Warhead'

Ian Fleming originally conceived 'Thunderball' for the screen and brought in producer Kevin McClory and screenwriter Jack Whittingham to help write it. But the author turned the story into a 1961 novel without crediting the other two. They successfully sued Fleming, and part of the judgement gave McClory the right to film his own version of 'Thunderball' 10 years after the 1965 version hit the screen. In the mid-'70s, he not only convinced Sean Connery to star but also work on the script. The result, 'Warhead,' had elements of 'Thunderball''s plot and went off on its own, concluding in New York as Bond battled robotic sharks in the sewers and SPECTRE atop the Statue of Liberty. But there were elements that were too close to the Bond film that Eon Productions was making at the same time, 'The Spy Who Loved Me,' and when both sides issued injunctions against each other, Connery and Paramount pulled out.
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Eon always claims any rival is copying their current movie. Remember Section 6 which was hailed as a bond alternative, eon sued the studio who won the script claiming it was infringing on their new movie, eon even added C to the mix to prove their point

For me the trouble is mcclory was insufferable, he did help create thunderball which eon lifted elements of to creat their movie universe without the rights to it giving him a legitimate claim on the franchise but he was soo greedy to cash in he over sold his homemade watered down 007 lite. Normally you’d like to route for the under dog but he was such a jerk it was hard to. With cubby Broccoli as the alternative it was hard to be the bigger jerk but some how McClory managed it.

As soon as he was dead His family sold thunderball rights to mgm which is why the series took a sudden shift away from the Quantum to remaking the early movies. He may get the last laugh if eon remains as they are now with thunderball mgm owns more bond rights outright the eon through danjaq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:54 am Eon always claims any rival is copying their current movie. Remember Section 6 which was hailed as a bond alternative, eon sued the studio who won the script claiming it was infringing on their new movie, eon even added C to the mix to prove their point
Yeah I remember that, they claimed because the film featured an MI6 agent who wore a tuxedo it was infringing on their copyright. The bloody thing was set during the great war for crying out loud how petty can you get?! But then EON must discourage any and all competition since their products can't compete on their own these days.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:42 pm Yeah I remember that, they claimed because the film featured an MI6 agent who wore a tuxedo it was infringing on their copyright.
And introduced himself as "surname, full name", which they also claim to have copyright on.
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:51 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:42 pm Yeah I remember that, they claimed because the film featured an MI6 agent who wore a tuxedo it was infringing on their copyright.
And introduced himself as "surname, full name", which they also claim to have copyright on.
That's a little more understandable, but still petty.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

I think they were just getting revenge on director Joe Cornish for his "Something of Boris" song.

Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
Wasn’t that the proper way to introduce ones self back in the day?
They also sued goldmember, then Craig complain Austin powers f’ed them. Which is ironic because they only made three movies last one 18 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:04 am They also sued goldmember, then Craig complain Austin powers f’ed them. Which is ironic because they only made three movies last one 18 years ago.
The real irony is EON has done nothing but make "gritty" reimaginings of Powers storylines since!
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

According to John Pearson's authorised biography, today is James Bond's 100th birthday. Happy birthday, James, you're looking very spry for your age.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

During a March interview with Total Film, Malek was asked about the connection to the famed character. While neither confirming nor denying that it was a return to the franchise’s roots, he did reveal that the only Bond film he watched in preparation was “Only Dr. No.” On top of being the first villain that Bond battled, Dr. No was also the namesake for the film's title.---------this was months ago and nothing has changed to think otherwise.------Dr. No will most likely return in the same film with Blofeld. Image
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

dirtybenny wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 am
Omega wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:04 am They also sued goldmember, then Craig complain Austin powers f’ed them. Which is ironic because they only made three movies last one 18 years ago.
The real irony is EON has done nothing but make "gritty" reimaginings of Powers storylines since!
Savage! But true. :happy spin:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

kater23 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:18 pm
dirtybenny wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:54 am
Savage! But true. :happy spin:
LOL, well if the shoe fits... :wink:
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:16 am During a March interview with Total Film, Malek was asked about the connection to the famed character. While neither confirming nor denying that it was a return to the franchise’s roots, he did reveal that the only Bond film he watched in preparation was “Only Dr. No.” On top of being the first villain that Bond battled, Dr. No was also the namesake for the film's title.---------this was months ago and nothing has changed to think otherwise.------Dr. No will most likely return in the same film with Blofeld. Image
I don't know if that is the case, but wouldn't be surprised if it was, either way I couldn't care less.