The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote:
Omega wrote:How are they supposed to start filming when the script is still being “punched up”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's never stopped them before.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Beat me to it Kris!

acid wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Since penning Paul Greengrass‘ The Bourne Ultimatum in 2007, the writer has become something of a Hollywood fixer for drafts "in need of punching up"
From what I can remember the Bourne Ultimatum seemed like pretty much a rehash of the first two movies, so I won't hold my breath!
My thoughts exactly, sooner or later I'm going to rant on this, Bourne 2, 3, and 4 are exactly the same movie.

acid wrote:
bjmdds wrote:Comingsoon.net: "Now The Playlist brings word that ace screenwriter Scott Z. Burns has been hired to do a massive overhaul of the current Bond 25 script by series mainstays Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, which apparently did not satisfy any of the major players involved.
"Mainstays", well, they're certainly good at staying in place. I still want to know what the Danny Boyle version would've turned out like.
Funny, just posting a rant that touches on their main staying!
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
acid
Commander
Favorite Bond Movie: Dr No, From Russia with Love, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, A View To a Kill, The Living Daylights, GoldenEye

Post by acid »

dirtybenny wrote: My thoughts exactly, sooner or later I'm going to rant on this, Bourne 2, 3, and 4 are exactly the same movie.

Funny, just posting a rant that touches on their main staying!
:cheers:
"Wonderful for poison pen letters..."
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

EON using Bourne writers now is an insult to P&W. This organization is so out of whack it is amazing this franchise even succeeds any longer with these 2 incompetent brats both running and ruining their daddy's franchise :!: Five year wait for this? What's the next shoe to drop in this production?
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

bjmdds wrote:EON using Bourne writers now is an insult to P&W. This organization is so out of whack it is amazing this franchise even succeeds any longer with these 2 incompetent brats both running and ruining their daddy's franchise :!: Five year wait for this? What's the next shoe to drop in this production?

To be honest BJ P&W are and have been an insult to Bond for some time. We all knew EON wanted a Bourne writer since CR, it's just taken this long for one to become cheap enough.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

This is a pretty big shoe drop, third delay, second director and right now there is nothing to film, Danny and babs do not like the script P&W just finished deciding on hiring one of the guys who ruined Bourne to help finish ruining Bond. Wasn’t there a recent rumor that Haggis was coming back to to rewrite the script? Guess that wasn’t true.

The only thing happening in April is the preproduction team will go out location scouting, we just had that story in the last week or two. But I wonder if that will happen if the script isn’t punched up to Craig’s satisfaction. Kind of funny to remember the stories of that writer whatshisface Logan who was hired to save the series and was writing a two scripts to be filmed back to back. I think P&W were fired at that time, skyfall maybe right after. Then of course EON begged P&W to come back to punch up Spectre.

To me this whole preproduction phase seems like babs is fighting against inertia to keep Craig on long enough to set records and to continue to justify her choice 14 years ago. IMHO if they’d finally cut Craig lose I think production for snap back but babs is determined to be one of those female producers ruining iconic cultural series because she has a chip on her shoulder or maybe it’s daddy issues combined with peer pressure. Either way she’s in the company of women who when they are given the authority to run a franchise have too much ego to actually listen to those trying to help them or not enough sense to realize their goals in story telling are out of touch with the audience.

............ :007:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The various Hollywood trade sites with their "sources" have been projecting the Captain Marvel box office, which currently ranges from a high of $180 million to a low of $80 million...........More controversy surrounding the Captain Marvel movie has hit the net as it is learned its Rotten Tomatoes audience score is plummetting faster than its recent box office tracking. Rotten Tomatoes not only keeps an aggregate score of reviews but also user ratings for its audience members that want to see films. Captain Marvel presently stands at having 84% of fans that want to see the film, with over 4,200 votes being cast.

Update: As of 2/19 at 1:52 pm EST, the percentage has dropped to 78% with over 5,200 votes counted.

Update #2: As of 2/19 at 5:37 pm EST, the percentage has dropped to 70% with over 6,100 votes counted. Image
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Rotten Tomatoes user ratings are worthless as a guide. They are like those internet polls that anyone can vote in, and are easily skewed by organised campaigns. Given that the film isn't even out yet, that is almost certainly what is happening here. Probably the "red pill" crowd who freak out at the thought of a g-g-g-girl having her own movie. They did the same thing to the last series of Doctor Who.

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

I doubt it’s anything more than anti Disney monopoly hype, or if it’s fan boys it’s DC fanboys having some fun.
Other than I don’t know who cpt marvel is it’s still going to do as well as ant man and wasp, if anybody is playing the girl card they’re idiots, if the movie fails to live up to hype it’s not because the main caricature is a girl, bad actress maybe, bad script possibly,

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett now ‘classified as a suspect’ in a criminal probe following attack claims, Chicago police say :hair: :!:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett now ‘classified as a suspect’ in a criminal probe following attack claims, Chicago police say :hair: :!:
Great. Now every genuine victim of a hate crime is going to have this thrown in their face for years.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Chicago cops laid out their case against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett Thursday morning, accusing the TV star of orchestrating an elaborate hoax involving two "bogus" hate crimes -- one involving an alleged attack, and one involving a threatening letter -- all in order to get a pay raise. :hair: Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Smollett orchestrated a "phony attack" in order to take "advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career." Johnson said at a news conference Thursday that Smollett, 36, also sent a racist and homophobic threatening letter to himself at the Fox studio lot before the attack because he was dissatisfied with his salary. :hair:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
bjmdds wrote:‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett now ‘classified as a suspect’ in a criminal probe following attack claims, Chicago police say :hair: :!:
Great. Now every genuine victim of a hate crime is going to have this thrown in their face for years.

yes and no. I understand where kris is coming from, but it’s all media based. If a real MAGA hate crime happens on camera never fear it will be covered. However hate crimes against people of the correct ethnicity to normally trigger media fawning( Hispanic, black, native Indian, etc) will not be given a second though if they are the ones wearing the MAGA hat and liberal activist are the klans men in this scenario. Plenty of cases of real hate crimes ignored because the victims support what the media doesn’t.
Everyone likes to think it’s real simple like pointing out bigotry in the 1950s, SJW like to pretend they are marching in Selma with the real heroes facing the Democrats of that day who were weaponizing local government to keep discrimination legal.

In a fair society everyone who suffers any kind of attack qualifying as a hate crime should be equally protected, not selective enforced if the DA or chief of police likes the potential cause better than others.

I think Kris is worried that if something like this happens for real maybe not famous victim nobody will believe it or pay attention. It might happen Imho in the current social setting it’s more likely to be taken seriously than not. With the exception IMO that if it’s a gay black right leaning populist the media is more likely to savage the victim like used to be the case with rape victims at trial when they were attacked for daring to besmirch the Kennedy family, more recent look no further than Hillary 2016 and her continued attacks of her husbands victims. I remember reporters trying to dismiss Clinton accusers are being disproven when no such thing ever happened.

I don’t mean to make any of this political because to me it isn’t, it’s just the way I see it the people 70 years ago ignoring burning crosses in people yards are the same kind of people who don’t care when family is chased out of a restaurant for the crime of being associated with the trump White House, no matter how either is justified it’s wrong.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

It’s wrong on so many levels..faking a hate crime because you don’t get enough money?As I told my mom this morning Jussie Smollett is an a$$hole.
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

That he is.
The shame of it is he is one of the people doing really well. Lots of actors starve between jobs hoping to land a regular spot in a show, this guy had a lot going for him and apparently didn’t trust his agent was getting the best deal for him. If the motivations about pay are true.

Our world will never truly be a just one, what I hope for is equal treatment of all people which means this guy shouldn’t receive any less punishment than anybody else and he shouldn’t be targeted now because he’s famous. What bugs me is this guy would be perfectly happy if some random people had been convicted in his hoax, now people trying to defend him are upset he might pay a higher penalty because he infamous. I don’t want him made an example of either, but there must be some sort of consequence.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Is anyone still defending him? Most people seem pretty pissed off at him.

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Reports are circulating (in The Guardian and elsewhere) that the working title of Bond 25 is Shatterhand. I know this has been rumoured for every Bond film since the Mesozoic era, but this appears to come from official studio paperwork rather than the usual vague "sources". Whether this will be the final title remains to be seen.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Kristatos wrote:Reports are circulating (in The Guardian and elsewhere) that the working title of Bond 25 is Shatterhand. I know this has been rumoured for every Bond film since the Mesozoic era, but this appears to come from official studio paperwork rather than the usual vague "sources". Whether this will be the final title remains to be seen.

The next James Bond movie is to be filmed under the working title Shatterhand, according to a listing in industry magazine Production Weekly. The publication, which lists current and forthcoming film shoots, has an entry in its latest newsletter for "Bond 25 w/t Shatterhand". We had this title stated here months ago. Other proper titles: Image
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Shatterhand is a reference to Dr Guntram Shatterhand, who appears in Ian Fleming's 1964 Bond novel, You Only Live Twice. The book follows on directly from Her Majesty's Secret Service, and is very different from the 1967 Sean Connery film of the same name. After the murder of his wife Tracy, the "emotionally traumatized" :hair: 007 is reassigned to Japan. There, he is requested by head of Japan's secret intelligence service to assassinate Shatterhand and his wife, who operate "a politically embarrassing 'Garden of Death'". Bond soon realizes that the pair are actually Tracy's killers, Ernst Stavro Blofeld and Irma Bunt, and secretly turns the mission into one of revenge.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Smollett's character was written out of the show. :up: --------------MSNBC's “All In With Chris Hayes,” “The Rachel Maddow Show,” “The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell” and “The 11th Hour With Brian Williams” did not utter Smollett’s name the last two nights as news unfolded that Smollett was being charged with orchestrating an elaborate hoax involving two "bogus" crimes -- one involving an alleged attack, and one involving a threatening letter -- allegedly all in order to get a pay raise. :hair:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Image
Jokes like this are why I think it's going to remain a working title only.