The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

True when cubby cast he liked unknowns or up and coming , Craig fit that because he was a never was, only has any fame now because of bond. Brosnan and Dalton were on cubby radar before the public was aware of them.
Unless eon really get their act together and hires a Nolan for a trilogy and they pick Cavill I don’t think he has a shot.
Btw I was surprised to see Henry Cavill came back to the Witcher. I guess losing a Superman role opened his schedule up.

Btw this week the flash fell below the transformers movie

I think it’s more difficult to cast bond now because actors how more choices , most accepted the role because they needed the steady work or needed a leg up to get attention.
So Many streaming services fighting for content and some of it very good, stuff that’ll be around in cult status for decades. Younger unknown may not have to take their shot on bond.
Maybe it’s time for eon to pay actors what they are worth instead of trying to lock in talent on a low pay scale . Craig was smart to threaten to quite every movie, honestly anybody but Babs would have let him. Craig initial contract was so bad, but he didn’t and still doesn’t deserve /command high pay outs for his work or ability to draw and audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
............ :007:
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by bjmdds »

I have read many Indy 5 reviews and the majority all state the film debases the lead character and emasculates and insults him while trying to build up the female lead to be more important than him. They even give Phoebe her own Short Round it looks like. This is why the film tanked at the box office and why WOKE Hollywood does not get it!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:I have read many Indy 5 reviews and the majority all state the film debases the lead character and emasculates and insults him while trying to build up the female lead to be more important than him. They even give Phoebe her own Short Round it looks like. This is why the film tanked at the box office and why WOKE Hollywood does not get it!
Phoebes killed off several franchises at this point, maybe even including bond.

Oh I see Cavill is not signed for the next season of witcher, this was his last. He is better at playing bag guys than good. One thing against him being considered for bond desires his fame now is his notoriously hard to work with, well let’s say has a bad rep for not doing with the franchise requests. Then again that sounds like Craig maybe Babs will get sentimental

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

There is no way Broccoli will ever pick someone more famous than her. She might not ever pick another actor, and if she intends to emasculate Bond even more going forward, while using him as just a prop to build up 'girl' power in the franchise, then she should end it altogether already and put it out of its misery. It is basically a SHELVED entity now at Amazon, and Bezos looks like a complete moron in agreeing to her demands prior to buying the company.
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

bjmdds wrote:There is no way Broccoli will ever pick someone more famous than her. She might not ever pick another actor, and if she intends to emasculate Bond even more going forward, while using him as just a prop to build up 'girl' power in the franchise, then she should end it altogether already and put it out of its misery. It is basically a SHELVED entity now at Amazon, and Bezos looks like a complete moron in agreeing to her demands prior to buying the company.
I don’t think he had a choice with the contract her dad had from the 1970s, however I do think their be a subset on this which may end with eon being sued for not creating a product they were hired to make by the half of danjaq Amazon owns,
Not likely, it’d be fun to see. But there are other partners who may raise a fuss that Babs hasn’t even tried to put bond in film since 2019. Remember nttd was a 2020 film. So Babs hasn’t done a thing since 2018-2019 as far a creating new content goes

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Just remember, Bond enters the public domain in 2034. I know it's a way off yet, but it'll be fun when it happens.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Marina Pepper is a former model and was Playboy’s Playmate in 1987. She apparently had a fling with Daniel Craig when interestingly, the actor was only 18 years old. While talking to Star magazine once, she described the Spectre actor’s bedroom secrets, and it’s too hot to handle.

“Daniel was an animal in bed. I’ve gone seven times a night with [Daniel]. He was irresistible – and incredible – in the bedroom.”

That’s quite juicy details, and we are sure that upon hearing this, people will not stop picturing young Daniel Craig as the handsome James Bond, impressing his women completely. Marina Pepper further added, “He had a very healthy s*xual appetite, and we didn’t get much sleep when we were in bed together – which was a lot of the time.” The former model also said that the actor was a “b**bs man”.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

OK, that was too much information.
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Correct, so why is this news in interviews? Where do they dig these people up from? Broccoli will now fantasize nightly and further delay the next production. EON gets free publicity with these stories and rumors of the next selection and it does not cost them one thin dime. The media should ignore the franchise and let it fade off so Broccoli would have to do something to get the word out again.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

bjmdds wrote:Correct, so why is this news in interviews? Where do they dig these people up from? Broccoli will now fantasize nightly and further delay the next production. EON gets free publicity with these stories and rumors of the next selection and it does not cost them one thin dime. The media should ignore the franchise and let it fade off so Broccoli would have to do something to get the word out again.
They're not doing it for the good of EON, they're doing it because it generates traffic, which translates to ad revenue. It's why I try to avoid clicking on any link to a story about Tom Hardy pulling ahead of Henry Cavill (or whoever) in the "race" to become the next Bond. It bears no relation to how actual movie casting works, and benefits nobody except the clickbait sites. You have no idea how many times I've seen Bond-related stories and thought I'd post them here, but upon reading the headline, decided against it. I think I've developed a pretty good sense of which stories are bogus, though I've occasionally been fooled by a plausible-sounding story, like the Aaron Taylor-Johnson one.

kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Ick at the bedroom secrets stuff, I just threw up in my mouth a little.Well, a lot if we’re being honest. :oops:
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

18 year old has voracious sexual appetite. In other news, grass is green and the sky is blue.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

The Pope is Catholic,water is wet. :mrgreen:
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Image Cr-egg's lover now. She protests fracking when not appearing in tabloids. This was her 25 years ago: Image
kater23
Moneypenny

Post by kater23 »

Rode hard and put away wet.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

And talking of clickbait, another popular headline is "you won't believe what the cast of this 25-year-old movie look like now", expressing shock and amazement that they look 25 years older. Just saying.

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

The Broccoli Foundation celebrates Cubby’s heritage by establishing a scholarship in his name. Albert R. “Cubby” Broccoli has been honoured with two days of celebrations in Carolei, Calabria, Italy in recognition of his Italian ancestry.

“We are honoured that Carolei in Calabria, Italy is celebrating our father’s heritage,” Michael G. Wilson commented on behalf of the family. “It is especially meaningful as today marks the 27th anniversary of Cubby’s passing. We are therefore delighted to continue his legacy by launching the Cubby Broccoli Scholarship with the Universita Della Calabria in Cosenza and the UK’s National School of Film and Television (NFTS) as part of our shared commitment to nurture and empower up-and-coming filmmakers.” The Mayor of Carolei, Francesco Lannucci, granted honorary citizenships to Michael G. Wilson, Tony Broccoli, Tina Broccoli and Barbara Broccoli to commemorate the family’s connection with the village. A bronze bust of Cubby sculpted by Dominco Sepe, renowned Italian sculptor, was also unveiled which will be placed in the village of Carolei in the coming weeks. A film festival included a selection of Cubby’s films and the documentary, Everything or Nothing, The Untold Story followed by a Q&A with Barbara Broccoli and Italian producer Enzo Sisti..................if they asked Barbara when will the next film be done, her response was probably, "not for a while, as we have to decide where we are going with this storyline, now that we cannot replace the greatest living actor on this planet that technically STILL is James Bond, since we have not named anyone else yet. That is all I have to say at this time about the future." Image
Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

This is an interesting little interview with would be Bond in TLD, Finlay Light. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on last paragraph about Babz https://venetianvase.co.uk/2023/07/05/f ... ames-bond/
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Jason wrote:This is an interesting little interview with would be Bond in TLD, Finlay Light. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts on last paragraph about Babz https://venetianvase.co.uk/2023/07/05/f ... ames-bond/
No surprise there. Didn't she shag Dalton as well?

Jason
Lieutenant

Post by Jason »

Seems like it. Google Timothy and Barbara names and go to images