The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

General Bond discussion from Sean Connery to Pierce Brosnan
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Re: The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by 007 »

Kristatos wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:25 am
007 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:42 am Halloween Kills has been moved from October 2020 to October 2021. I'd be amazed if NTTD actually comes out this year.
Didn't they actually move it forward by a week or two? I dunno, it's hard to keep track.

I'm not sure if it moved before but it's definitely been pushed back a whole year now.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/362 ... 21-teaser/

John Carpenter has taken to social media this afternoon to make the unfortunate (but expected) announcement that Halloween Kills is no longer releasing this Halloween season. Instead, the sequel to 2018’s Halloween will now release on October 15, 2021. An official statement penned by John Carpenter and director David Gordon Green reads, “If we release it in October of this year as planned, we have to face the reality that the film would be consumed in a compromised theatrical experience. After weighing our options, we have chosen to push the film’s theatrical release by one year.”
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
OO Moderator
OO Moderator
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger, OHMSS, FRWL, The Living Daylights

Post by 007 »

Omega wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:36 am I think nttd was movie up a week, but something has got to break with all the a list movies being held back, it’s either going digital release or they are going to slam the bo week after week starting nov -oct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm no expert on the film industry but you'd think they have to make a decision on the release of NTTD quite soon. They don't want to launch another costly promotional campaign if the film isn't coming out in November.
"I’m looking for Commander Bond and not an overgrown stunt-man." - Ian Fleming
bjmdds
Favorite Bond Movie: Any without CR-egg in it.

Post by bjmdds »

A source told the Sun publication: 'There are secret talks about what to do. Having No Time To Die earning less than half a billion would be deemed a disaster no matter the circumstances.'----007 has returned here after a 6 month hiatus. :up:
dirtybenny
Favorite Bond Movie: From Russia with Love and all the Connery films
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

007 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:44 pm
Omega wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:36 am I think nttd was movie up a week, but something has got to break with all the a list movies being held back, it’s either going digital release or they are going to slam the bo week after week starting nov -oct

I'm no expert on the film industry but you'd think they have to make a decision on the release of NTTD quite soon. They don't want to launch another costly promotional campaign if the film isn't coming out in November.

The U.S. release date was moved up last month by 5 days, because that'll make a big difference :roll: . You're absolutely right, they need to figure this thing out quick before they blow another $50 million on wasted PR, not that anyone is planning to watch when it does finally hits screens, if the comments sections are to be believed.
The Rouge Warrior, On Hermaphrodite's Secret Service Image
Omega
Favorite Bond Movie: TLD LTK GE TND TWINE DAD OHMSS
Favorite Movies: Gladiator
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
X-Men Days of Futures Past
MI Rogue Nation

The BJMDDS General Discussion Thread......

Post by Omega »

Sorry about the double post earlier , Tapatalk looked like it didn’t post.

DB has point about how much they waste doing pr, the already ramped it up and named a singer to have it be old news before they postponed the first time. The buzz went from trolling fans with black female 007 to daddy day care bond, I’m not sure any of it got the reaction desired.

I’m not sure what they do if as it looks all the big movies waiting to release are crammed in to November December. Disney and WB have the pull to block everybody else.

............ :007:
dirtybenny
Favorite Movies: Dirty Harry, Bullitt, The Sting, LA Confidential, The Maltese Falcon, and The Big Sleep

Post by dirtybenny »

Interesting video, covers most of the problems with Craig and some of the comments below it cover all of what's wrong with Bond fandom!

bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Well, according to Midnight’s Edge and their source, who claims to be in communication with someone at Danjaq, the holding company responsible for James Bond copyrights and trademarks, that plot point is the source for the reshoots. Midnight’s Edge explains, “Approval for two reshoots has been given the go ahead for next week. These moves are to change plot beats that tested poorly with audiences. Those plot beats in question were pertaining to a global viral outbreak. Something that was believed to hit a little too close to home with the current pandemic that the world still finds itself in the grips of.”
bjmdds

Post by bjmdds »

Health Officials in Numerous States ‘Mistakenly’ Included Positive Results From Antibody Tests When Reporting New COVID-19 Cases to CDC :!: :shock: On Friday, it was revealed that once again, the country’s positivity rate is skewed because positive antibody tests are being lumped in with viral tests for COVID-19. :hair: Physician Nicole Saphier reported: Health officials from numerous states have mistakenly included positive results from antibody tests when reporting new COVID-19 cases to the CDC, grossly inflating new cases. The scientific equivalent to “double dipping.” :cuss:
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

To the surprise of absolutely nobody: https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to ... -mid-2021/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

"He's the one that doesn't smile" - Queen Elizabeth II on Daniel Craig
dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:30 am To the surprise of absolutely nobody: https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to ... -mid-2021/

Might as well just push it back to 2022 and cash in with a 60th anniversary tie in, along with the added benefit of making the anointed one the superest duperest longerest serving Bond EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as Eon Flemming intended when he wrote the novels.
Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

dirtybenny wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:11 pm
Might as well just push it back to 2022 and cash in with a 60th anniversary tie in.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up happening. Connery will still be the longest-serving Bond if you count NSNA, though (I don't really, but I'm prepared to start in order to annoy Craigskis).
kater23
Moneypenny
Favorite Bond Movie: Goldfinger,Living Daylights
Favorite Movies: Animal House, Star Wars(original recipe)

Post by kater23 »

Reading a book about Mt. Tambora They mention other volcanoes, including the one in Iceland, which made me think of Sweeney! (Also-that was just about 10 years ago.I would have said it was a lot more recent!)
I have no time for No Time To Die :lol:
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:
dirtybenny wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:11 pm
Might as well just push it back to 2022 and cash in with a 60th anniversary tie in.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up happening. Connery will still be the longest-serving Bond if you count NSNA, though (I don't really, but I'm prepared to start in order to annoy Craigskis).
I kind of feel this is going the direct to video rout. They have to make close to a billion to clear profit, i see a lot of risk because of the delays just to get to the point of nttd production another year? Two? I’m not sure the franchise survives.
MGM needs a buyer, the promise of big bond pay day is a good selling point but does anybody really believe it at this point .

BTW I don’t believe they are reshooting to fix covid related plot points I bet they are adding them and trying to fix the woke plot points , id say drop nttd limited release theatrically then announce a new director and bond for the 60th so some true audience anticipation get started

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Omega wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:08 pm ...id say drop nttd limited release theatrically then announce a new director and bond for the 60th so some true audience anticipation get started
That would be the smart play Big O, but as we all know EON can't put out a film in less than 4 years under the best of conditions, I can't see them starting from scratch especially with a new actor and meeting a deadline only 2 years out. As for a direct to consumer release, EON has proven time and again how out of date they are, if they can't break their reliance on the dead print media for promotion, how can we expect them to navigate the brave new world of digital release?
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

dirtybenny wrote:
Omega wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:08 pm ...id say drop nttd limited release theatrically then announce a new director and bond for the 60th so some true audience anticipation get started
That would be the smart play Big O, but as we all know EON can't put out a film in less than 4 years under the best of conditions, I can't see them starting from scratch especially with a new actor and meeting a deadline only 2 years out. As for a direct to consumer release, EON has proven time and again how out of date they are, if they can't break their reliance on the dead print media for promotion, how can we expect them to navigate the brave new world of digital release?
True.
If any of the rumors about Christopher Nolan were true and mgm wanting time sell out with their 65% of bond rights (Cr & TB danjaq doesn’t own), then it might be possible to jump start it. But I doubt it given Babs reluctance to make movies

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Cary Funkichicken has denied that reshoots are taking place at all, saying that as far as he is concerned, the movie is finished. I don't know if that means it really is in the can, or that the reshoots are taking place without his involvement. #ReleaseTheFunkichickenCut

dirtybenny

Post by dirtybenny »

Kristatos wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:12 pm #ReleaseTheFunkichickenCut
:lol: :cheers: Good on ya Kris, we must maintain the creative vision!
Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

Kristatos wrote:Cary Funkichicken has denied that reshoots are taking place at all, saying that as far as he is concerned, the movie is finished. I don't know if that means it really is in the can, or that the reshoots are taking place without his involvement. #ReleaseTheFunkichickenCut

Great one kris!

Omega
John Wick
Pacific Rim
LOTR trilogy
RED
Kingsman
X-Men First Class
MI Rogue Nation

Post by Omega »

A
Wanted to add and how dc universe tried to rehabilitate its image

Kristatos
OO Moderator
OO Moderator

Post by Kristatos »

Interestingly, someone on another forum was wondering whether, given all the delays, it would even be possible to prevent the whole thing from leaking onto the intertubes. Maybe not the final edit, but a workprint or something.